Do you trust the club?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you trust the club?

• Yes, undoubtedly - I am 100% backing them as the guys to take us forward

• Really encouraged and excited by recent changes but I'm still not fully on board just yet.

• Still undecided (50/50) - Jury is still out for me

• Recent changes are encouraging but they still have a long way to go to completely regain my trust

• Absolutely no chance, we know what ENIC are like!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shadydan

ENIC hokey cokey
It wasn't long ago where we reached breaking point as Spurs fans, The Summer of 2021 saw us without a manager, without a DOF, without a structure, our best player was desperate to leave for our rivals - we simply had no plan and it felt like we were stuck in purgatory with many fans rightly thinking that ENIC had taken us as far as they could and were calling for them to sell the club.

That was the key Summer we hired Fabio Paratici who turned out the be a masterstroke in our change in fortunes, initially with him he didn't get off to the greatest of starts in terms of who his manager choices were but over time he's proved to be absolutely key in terms of recruitment, structure, academy, culture to the point where the club is now virtually unrecogisable from the one who he joined.

Since then the club have gone from strength to strength culminating in a complete change of culture, the recruitment bearing fruit which was epitomised by the club beating Bayern and Barcelona to key targets, the entire structure ripped apart, new staff have come in (Lange, Munn) and been given specific roles in managing this club which has meant there's now barriers put in place between Daniel Levy and the footballing infrastructure and the hiring of Ange seemingly putting the cherry on top of the icing shows there is a clear plan

With the arrival of the profit and sustainability laws it looks like ENIC's plan of running a football club completely sustainably has finally come to fruition and Tottenham now look like a club who are set to compete with our rivals in the long run and now with being reportedly the most profitable team in London through various revenue streams and having the lowest wages to turnover ratio in the top 6 it means that we should be able to at least contend with our rivals on a level playing surface.

So with all that being said are you now at a state where you trust the club and are you more relaxed with the direction we are heading in?
And remember folks, please no cunt offs in here :sonpoint:

I've always had faith in the ENIC model, despite its flaws, because I know that eventually they get things right. As I've said on here many times, each time we've lost a star player we've gone on to achieve the goals we weren't supposed to be able to achieve without them. With Berbatov, it was CL qualification. With Bale, it was consistent CL qualification and competing for top honours. With Kane, it was actually winning top honours. If this pattern continues, we are on course to win trophies in the not too distant future.

The DoF role has been an under-appreciated role for years. Damien Comolli brought Dimitar Berbatov, Gareth Bale and Luka Modric to the club. His reward was blame for the catastrophic start to the 08/09 season and the sack while Harry Redknapp, who refused to work under a DoF, got the credit for being our saviour and unearthing two Premier League superstars. I'm not trying to slate Harry here (I loved what he did for us) but Comolli was unfortunate in that Bale and Modric didn't show their true value until long after he was gone.

I think DoFs are more appreciated today than they were 16 years ago. Back then, the media narrative was that they were a destabilising influence that undermined a manager's authority. If we go back 10 years before that when David Pleat was hired as our first DoF, the title Director of Football was met with derision. It took time for DoFs to acquire the status they currently have in the game.

Yes i trust the club atm but under conte/mourinho levy was pissing me off. Hes had to step this season as was on last rights imo. Toxic as fuck ladt season. Losing at home to brentford and 6-1 away to newcastle was unacceptable.

Essentially the above vote criteria is: 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% or 100%........

Alas, I'm gonna need some decimal increments before I can vote with confidence, fella.

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

I'm encouraged, but not fully on board. Paratici took the recruitment up several levels from Ndombele and Sessegnon. But then I'm not sure how involved he is currently and we go and sign Werner in January when the league is wide open this season, which gave me Saha and Nelsen vibes when we had a chance with Harry that year.

Also, have to see what befalls Chelsea and Man City. If they only get ten points deducted after sweeping up all the trophies for years, it'd be hard to feel satisfied that we "did it the right way" for 1 league cup. Chelsea's new owners seem determined to ruin them whatever happens.

It's wait and see I think.

New thread with a poll.
What is the rational for the poll because right now it supports the view that a fair amount of distrust remains .
If that turns out to be the case will you just say everyone bar you and the Kid are wrong , or will you question how you can be so out of step with what the vast majority see and feel ?

My view has softened somewhat and I hope that the club give further nourishment to said softening of views. However one swallow does not a summer make

What is the rational for the poll because right now it supports the view that a fair amount of distrust remains .
If that turns out to be the case will you just say everyone bar you and the Kid are wrong , or will you question how you can be so out of step with what the vast majority see and feel ?

My view has softened somewhat and I hope that the club give further nourishment to said softening of views. However one swallow does not a summer make

To get a guage of how people feel about the club.

If we are wrong we are wrong, it is what it is.

I'll probably do one this time next year as well, let's see...

Ha Ha..Shady is one of 'The Most Ignored ' posters on the forum as so many find his nauseating love affair with Daniel Levy so unpalatable they've blocked him.

They won't even be aware of any poll. . :harrylol:

Anyway.

Stratford. European money league. Villa Ticket pricing scandal. Frazer Campbell. Anchor Tennants. Nuno appointment, Serial trophy dodgers. Furlough. Highest boardroom Salaries. 0 domestic cups since 2008. Best players wanting out. Self confessed involvement for financial gain only. No desire to win. winning is hard 😭Highest ticket prices in the world. Previous managers calling them out. Profit over Glory.....Majority owner awaiting sentencing for fraud having locked up his shares in some dodgy 'family trust'
And yet another trophyless season on the horizon

Yeah. Sure.... I'm 100% backing them . .:mourloopy:

Last edited:
Essentially the above vote criteria is: 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% or 100%........

Alas, I'm gonna need some decimal increments before I can vote with confidence, fella.

Place your vote and man the fuck up you blob. Stop hiding .

200w.gif

We're all on tenterhooks waiting

I'm encouraged, but until they win trophies also sceptical.

If/When we get back into the top four that's when they need to show the ambition and push again in the transfer market. History shows they are happy with top 4 and that's when the ambition dries up.

I am encouraged by them going out and finding tomorrow's big talents (or at least trying) i.e Bergvall, Sarr.

There are positives, never said that there weren't.

i trust the club MORE than I trust the Ultra (defence)High line when a ttacking...

and Ultra Low (defence) line when the restart is from our Box.

Daniel Levy remains the OG. Title success is guaranteed within the next years. Our time is coming.

Of course there is a growing chance that world war 3 starts and football is cancelled for a a few seasons which would be a slight pain in the backside.

I've been indecisive about the ENIC in or out debate, but had the overriding thought that they have reaped in the money without spending beyond our means, with all the attendant frustrations that brings to us supporters over the years. In defence of that, personally, I don't want to be a club that spends the most - I quite like being the smallest of the so-called big clubs, if that makes sense.

However, that 'policy' seems to have now put us in an even better place financially, with certain other clubs having major issues. However (again), Levy et al couldn't have predicted FFP/PSR so their financial prudence in getting us to this position is one of luck, I guess, although being financially prudent will usually provide good things in the long run anyway, and be less due to 'luck'.

However (again, again), let's not forget that we were ESL-bound, and Levy must have known the fan's feelings on this before he signed up. Even if it wasn't the majority of fans (and we'll never know that for sure) he made a hugely unpopular decision only reversed because he had to. But the key thing is that he was for it first and foremost (the whole ESL debate thing is another issue not for here).

So, is he / they trustworthy? No, absolutely not but with the caveat of be careful of what you wish for, grass isn't greener, etc, and all the other clichés that go with it.

Edit: finance is probably one of things I know least about so I realise that I can be over-simplistic on such matters.

Back
Top Bottom