Does Anyone Still Supporting Keeping Kane?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should We Have Sold?

• Total voters
What makes me kinda chuckle is Levy is doing his utmost to try and not spend money on players but wastes fucking millions on sub standard players and terrible deals... he is useless when it comes to football matters but more then likely great at asset management.

That offer of 100 million was given by many sources. And on top if their manager is openly saying that our owner is not negotiating, then it was levy who kept a player here who didnt want to be . When he does go now, it will be an even worse offer. Just really poor from the levy.
Tbh i wouldnt believe a word out of that self serving prick guadiolas mouth

Come on then 10 games in.

A lot of you were happy as Larry we forced a player to stay who clearly didn't want to. A 28 year old who is only likely to decline even if his heart was in it. A player entering the 2nd half of his contract with no incentive to sign and no desire to play.
His value is and will continue to decrease.
Our chairman is very unlikely to make up the difference in lost income to sign a replacement when Kane either leaves or becomes so useless we have to drop him

So, who still thinks we did the right thing refusing to negotiate?

I would have expected Kane to behave better than he has. He always came across as quite down to earth. But this is like Jekyll and Hyde stuff now. Since the end of last season he has turned into a different person. So with hindsight, yes should have been sold.
Has there been as much as a peep from the guy on TV or social media lately (outside of the England camp)? Or is the chap hiding and shirking any responsibility?

I said at the time, sell. We kept him. And he will undoubtedly next summer. But a year older, 1 years less in his contract and I suspect at 50m cheaper than he was valued in the summer gone. Masterclass from Levy, eh?

This situation cannot all be down to Kane. Nobody is scoring for spurs because of the lack of quality investment in attacking areas allied to the fact nuno is a tool who cannot pick a team.
Is Kane missing sitters? No is he getting on the end of a cross or a through ball?
No because they don’t supply any, it’s just passed back to the defence.

I hate everything about how this club is run right now

However

It looks like we were only ever offered 75mil for Kane , that is all that was on the table . People keep mentioning 150mil bids turned down but there is zero evidence to support that

While 75 mil might seem like reasonable business right now it was insulting 3 months ago for a player who finished top of the scoring and assist charts in the previous season and had been a prolific goalscorer for 5 or 6 years

We were right to turn that down

Besides if we had sold him for a big fee we’d have only pissed the money up against a wall on a handful of magic beans
We had 75million plus 25 million extras. Making it a 100million and with mancity theres a big chance that those extra clauses are met . We could have negotiated to get to 110 million overall if bald fool had brains.

If the offer on the tale is £75m plus £25m in add ons (as widely rumoured) - he conversation is pretty straight forward

'You have to be joking, come back with a much better offer and we may be able to talk'

Given Man City happy to pay £100m for Grealish the offer for Kane was just insulting, worse than no offer

Whilst City opened the bidding with a pathetic £75m + £25m in add ons, I do think a deal could have been done. With the likes of Laporte, Bernardo Silva, Jesus being offered up as potential swaps we shit in the bed. I’d have taken those 3 without a penny for Kane , then signed Ings for the £20m or so that Villa got him for. We would have been a considerably better side now.
At the time I said I would sell Kane for £120m as I didn’t want a unhappy player at the club, I feared an injury or a lack of effort would harm us this season, but I didn’t think it would be this bad.
Levy should have said you have 2 weeks to get a deal done, our price is £120m (or x amount plus players) take it or leave it so it didn’t drag on all summer.

Levy would have been damned if he did, damned if he didn’t…..he hadn’t figured on Kane a fully grown adult with a wife & family acting like a petulant child that’s the culprit.

There is a difference between what Kane is chosing to do and what is happening as a consequence of the move not happening.
We don't know if he's dragging his heels about or if he's genuinely struggling.

This is the legacy he can have with us if we wants. It's not too late.

hqdefault.jpg
Right now we might as well play Jimmy

Does not matter how good or bad he is. He wants away and that's all there is to it. Eriksen Rose Dembele Kane how many others felt fckd over by levy?

It's a shit way to end things, any bad break up should now be known as a levy.

None of those would have come to spurs

Most likely not, however Levy didn’t even enquire and most of our fans were saying they didn’t want City’s cast offs which was laughable. Nonetheless we should have got rid of him, we choose to keep him instead of trying to get a big transfer fee.

Please read my previous post:
  • I don't recall any reliable sources saying that - other than things like the usual 'BBC Gossip' which every summer contains about 20 offers every day and confirmations of imminent signings that never actually happen. If you read a reliable source that was somehow missed from being posted on here, please post it now.
  • As I said, chairman often say a player is 'not for sale at any price' - obviously they don't mean that, if someone offered £500m for Kane then obviously Levy would have taken it, so saying he's not prepared to discuss it is a very obvious and well-known tactic for ensuring absolute top dollar if the player does go. I'm amazed that I need to explain that to anyone claiming to be a football fan. Or do you honestly believe Levy would have refused to discuss an offer of (say) £500m? :/

I read your previous post. Their manager went on tv saying what he said because an offer was either made and rejected or if levy is just not willing to talk. Levy is an idiot, so it is possible that his ego got the better of him and he 'showed' them who's boss. As expected it was a bad decision and he wont even get what he was getting before anymore.

Back
Top Bottom