Does this club deserve our support?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A lot of people on here go on about how we're lucky to support a top PL side and how we're spoiled and should think of the poor non-league fans, but honestly the football fans. I know who support non-league or lower league teams are often the happier ones.

You really are turning into a John Thomas light........

I had a conversation with you regarding this very stuff during the summer and you're completely misrepresenting it.

Crux previously being put to you was that big money trf and lost CL finals are 1st world problems (that not even every EPL team get to experience) and that non-league or lower league IS an option if one seeks something other than what the majority of EPL & Championship fans experience every season, but the pain of losing is still real if you're deeply committed.

This whole "lucky" shit you're spinning is fake news.... Even more so that "a lot" of people are saying it.

Is there a realisation that huge amounts of money haven’t necessarily made things hugely better for most in the PL?

Or have spurs just got people wishing they supported a team in a farmers league? :contehmm:

Is there a realisation that huge amounts of money haven’t necessarily made things hugely better for most in the PL?

Or have spurs just got people wishing they supported a team in a farmers league? :contehmm:
Actually a great example of Rousseau’s point that modern society (notably capitalism) has a tendency to make everyone miserable as people constantly compare themselves to the people just above and below them. This is even true of the richest person who is constantly looking over their shoulder at the second richest.

Fact is that everyone worries about their neighbours in a competitive landscape. If following spurs isn’t worth thousands for that experience then watch it for free at home (or pay for a tv sub). But whoever you support you’re going to be worrying about the people just ahead of you and just below you and hope that with just a bit more luck and a few more resources then maybe you could do better.

If that constant cycle isn’t for you then maybe modern football isn’t for you.

It's the hope that kills you.
morgan freeman quote GIF

Those cunts are destroying Spurs and the dicks that support them are complicit pricks

Yes. To some Spurs and ENIC are one and the same thing, sadly.

They have become fans of this ownership model as much as they are fans of the club. And as a result they’re stuck desperately defending the indefensible.

It’s sad to see.

It is mental how poorly we’ve done over the years. The likes of Vertoghen, Bale, Modric will be joined by Lloris, Kane and Son with nothing to show for their time at the club. Two trophies in 30 years and they’re both the Mickey Mouse cup. I think the real slap in the face is that we’ve consistently been near the top (at least top 4) and made good cup runs consistently for a decade or so. You’d think we would have flukely won something by now. But the likes of Woolwich and Leicester have won more trophies in the last decade. While it’s the Mickey Mouse cup, I’m genuinely concerned Newcastle are going to win it this year. Literally the first decent year they’ve had in memory and it would be typical if they win it.

We have one of the best stadiums in world football, similar with training facilities and from all intents and purposes, the business side of the club seems to be consistently doing well. On top of that we’ve had some of the best players in world football at our club and the same can be said for managers…… like…… ah f@&k it. Who cares

No
I was at a book launch back in the summer with a few other forumees. And Terry Naylor gave a speech about how that season,they sometimes let us down,but we NEVER let them down.
Summed it up for me.

Going to see Jah Wobble at the jazz cafe Thursday,quite chuffed I have a genuine excuse not to watch the City game.
Sad ,I know.

Last edited:
The title says it all really.

It seems like no matter who get in as a manager, no matter who the players are, the same pattern keeps repeating over and over, we're the soft touch for the teams we're supposed to be competing against.

How many more years of failure or near misses can we put up with?
No, it doesn't.

But us fans are fucking idiot mugs who keep going and lining peoples pockets. There's a lot of people getting very rich whilst we scrape together a lot of money many of us don't have to go these games.

I said last season this would likely be my last as a season ticket holder. After yesterday, that might be my last time going to a game for a while.

The people who keep hand waving the issues with the owners are a disgrace to this club imo.

It makes me wonder what needs to happen before the penny finally drops and they want them gone?
I think in the past it's been the fear of the alternative (russian drug/Arab oil money),that's kept people onside with ENIC. But with the realisation that soon every club will have one,that excuse is fading fast.
Before people pick me up on this.
A couple of points.
Do I want a dodgy owner-No
Do I want an owner that will invest in the playing side of things -Yes.
COYS

Does it count as support if I checked the score on my phone at 630pm having briefly wondered what the score was at 530pm?

In which case I think they got what they deserved from me yesterday.

No, it doesn't.

But us fans are fucking idiot mugs who keep going and lining peoples pockets. There's a lot of people getting very rich whilst we scrape together a lot of money many of us don't have to go these games.

I said last season this would likely be my last as a season ticket holder. After yesterday, that might be my last time going to a game for a while.
Bang on mate. It’s not supposed to be this onerous grind every week for loyalties sake. It’s supposed to be entertainment - a place and time to forget your woes and troubles. My life would be infinitely better without Spurs. But I’m an addict like everyone else on here

NO.
I didn't renew season ticket last season and of course didn't renew this season.
We all saw this coming the season we moved to the new stadium.

Bang on mate. It’s not supposed to be this onerous grind every week for loyalties sake. It’s supposed to be entertainment - a place and time to forget your woes and troubles. My life would be infinitely better without Spurs. But I’m an addict like everyone else on here

I literally have to weigh up the pro's and cons of going every game now. Do I spend 6 hours of my time commuting there, watching the game then getting back, or do I stay at home and fall victim to whatever crap the mrs wants me to do. Neither are good at times.

Enough's enough.

This club will only start to get my money again when I can see that things have changed on the field of play. Why should I pay to see what they served up again yesterday? If I went to a restaurant and it turned out to be crap, I'd be a complete mug to go back there again in a fortnight's time, wouldn't I? Conte and his players are serving up the same old unappetising fodder of failure, week after week. Gordon Ramsay would have a heart attack.

If it means the dead wood is cleared out of the dressing room (and there's a lot of it to clear out), then the sooner there are big ownership changes at Tottenham Hotspur the better. It's painful to say, but if the Qataris are serious, I'd take them at this point in time.
Conte can get back in his ice cream van and fuck off back to Italy with his lack of imagination and lack of understanding of Spurs, its fanbase and its DNA. I look in his eyes and I see no evelebty - it's gone.
Bring Pochettino back - he understands us and he knows what we want. That would be a start. Can Levy do this, or will it need new owners?

I've woken up this morning feeling like I've been conned, by the club I've supported for over sixty years. They'll always be my club, but my money's no longer heading their way, until things change.

Back
Top Bottom