Does this club deserve our support?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The title says it all really.

It seems like no matter who get in as a manager, no matter who the players are, the same pattern keeps repeating over and over, we're the soft touch for the teams we're supposed to be competing against.

How many more years of failure or near misses can we put up with?
And the only dim flicker of light in the distance is the prospect of being bought out by a slave state.

Cosmic.

I'm not a season ticket holder. I go to 3-4 games a season, so Levy only gets £300+ quid a year from me including my membership. I feel for you guys that are handing him £2k+ a year to be served the same excuses and lack of silverware for decades.

I expect I'll be cancelling my membership in a few weeks, and won't renew or go to a game again until Levy sells up or they suitably invest in the squad. I simply can't be arsed.

I'm finished. I've followed Spurs since the 80s, there's been ups and downs, mostly downs, but back then there was no doubt it was our club. I don't feel connected to this club or players at all any more. When Harry goes, as he should soon, that will be the last connection to a time when the team was 90% local lads who represented their area and understood what that meant to the fans. Why are we giving this club so much money week in week out for them to spend it on bringing in foreign mercenaries who don't care about Spurs? It doesn't make any sense. I haven't been to games since the old WHL, but I feel genuinely sorry for those who do. Yes, they 100% deserve better, and I'd encourage anyone to stop financing this charade. Spend your hard earned money on those you love and admire, your family, friends, your future, that local business you respect. For me, I'm concentrating on myself now. At least if I mess up I'll bear the responsibility of my own mistakes. I'm fed up of feeling miserable for what these over paid, disinterested fuckers do. Hugo throwing that in yesterday just seems symbolic. (Can you remember their goalie throwing one in their own net, in any big game, ever? I can't). I'd rather go back to playing on Tottenham marshes and work our way back up like Wimbledon. At least there'd be romance, excitement. I would say give us our Tottenham back, but I think we all know deep down that ship sailed some time ago. This is not about yesterday, its been more and more clear since Poch left. In the past, if we lost to that lot, especially at home, I would feel this sullen smouldering rage towards the cunts, but this time there's none of that. Instead I feel those emotions towards my own club, and the state of the game now. The scum? They will win the title if they keep playing like that, and deservedly so. They've brought in a manager they believed in, one of their own, and stuck with him. Now they're reaping the rewards, playing the kind of football that we once saw as our special heritage. Fair play to them. Yes they are cunts, but we are too aren't we? There's nothing worse than to sell out your principles for success, and then fail anyway. Its humiliating. The DNA of our club Mr Levy? What is that exactly? All I see is a hollowed out shell. Like that tweet said, we've spunked it all on being a cut rate Chelsea Mark II. Fuck off.

And while I'm on it, fuck the Corporate Matchday Experience. Fuck the Cheese Room and the Skywalk. Fuck the biggest club shop in Europe.

Fuck the new change strips every year, fleecing the fans and you don't even know what teams are playing in September any more.

Fuck the season kicking off in the summertime half way through the cricket season.

Fuck VAR and 5 minutes to rule on a "clear and obvious" mistake.

Fuck half and half scarves.

Double fuck the players whining and rolling on the ground after someone blew on them, trying to get a fellow pro sent off. You pathetic excuses for men. Fuck off.

Fuck the winter World Cup.

Fuck all the BLM/ Pride shit, using our game as a social engineering experiment. Fuck the players virtue signalling in Qatar whilst happily playing in stadiums built with the blood of modern day slaves.

Fuck having to take your ticket on your fucking phone.

Fuck Daniel Levy. Yes he's done some good for the club but he's a smarmy bald cunt and I don't like him.

Fuck all the rest of this shit that I can't think of right now. I'm done.

Big love to each and every one of you. See you at the Borough.

I'm not a season ticket holder. I go to 3-4 games a season, so Levy only gets £300+ quid a year from me including my membership. I feel for you guys that are handing him £2k+ a year to be served the same excuses and lack of silverware for decades.

I expect I'll be cancelling my membership in a few weeks, and won't renew or go to a game again until Levy sells up or they suitably invest in the squad. I simply can't be arsed.
I'm a current ST holder and judging from conversations in/around the stadium yesterday and after the match via WhatsApp etc there will be a lot of non-renewals for 2023/24. My plan is to switch down to a membership from next year and make more of a day of the matches I do attend. Our mismanagement on the pitch isn't the only factor in this decision but it's one of several.

Must be tourists at a lot of games because except for a few exceptions the vocal support is generally shit and made more noticeable since moving into a bigger arena.

Not saying we should be like Palace who would still be singing if they were 10 nil down and their Gran's arse was on fire but despite all the justification for criticising the current ownership model I feel there is a real danger of allowing expectation to add fuel to the fire of disappointment here.

To some extent we are the victims of last season's overachievement and in danger of using that success to provide a false benchmark from which to improve. Also don't believe that old chestnut about playing 'entertaining' football and the 'Spurs way' etc unless it comes with results, the only thing that counts when that final whistle blows is the 3 points in the bag and that's why we're all hurting right now.

My daughter and me had a long conversation about renewing our STs last night. When I got it, I was like the cat who got the cream, still got a buzz from it up till a few weeks ago, but something has changed.

I don't feel like this is my club anymore, I can't put my finger on why, it just all feels different. We'd had a lot of drink before and during our convo and I'll probably still renew both STs, however, it's the first first time I've really had second thoughts.

When I bought my first season ticket, I thought, well, will I go there in November when it rains?
I did!
Has become an addiction!
Can't do without!
Will inherit this season ticket at some point.
A life without going to the stadium - I would miss something!

Everything helps romp, curse, freak out, the hell don't wish anything!
I'm going out into the woods again on Saturday!
On Thursday I'll watch our game against City and I'm hoping (!!!) for a win!
Without the Spurs and without Eintracht, I can no longer, and I don't want to either!

shit!

Friend Help GIF by Koji Yamamoto

A lot of people on here go on about how we're lucky to support a top PL side and how we're spoiled and should think of the poor non-league fans, but honestly the football fans I know who support non-league or lower league teams are often the happier ones.

Feel more connected to the club & its a cheap day out. We've got a lot of players here who get paid extraordinary amounts of money to be asleep for 70% of a football match. At least in the lower leagues you know that when Stockport's answer to Ndombele waddles about for 40 mins he's not going home to a model wife and a mansion !!
But at some point you committed yourself to a club.
For me it was 08/17/74 with the SGE and 03/17/82 with the Spurs!

When Frankfurt was relegated for the first time, I thought, who am I keeping my fingers crossed for in the first division?
didn't work!
It doesn't work for me.

Even if they play absolute filth together at times and I would like to slap everyone who kisses the coat of arms to disappear on the next plane..!

The love for the club is in me!
Cantona once said you can get a divorce, change your religion, move - everything - you will always keep your club!

That's how it is!

But at some point you committed yourself to a club.
For me it was 08/17/74 with the SGE and 03/17/82 with the Spurs!

When Frankfurt was relegated for the first time, I thought, who am I keeping my fingers crossed for in the first division?
didn't work!
It doesn't work for me.

Even if they play absolute filth together at times and I would like to slap everyone who kisses the coat of arms to disappear on the next plane..!

The love for the club is in me!
Cantona once said you can get a divorce, change your religion, move - everything - you will always keep your club!

That's how it is!

I haven't stopped supporting the club, I just won't put money in the pockets of these owners. Haven't for some time, won't help fund (even a tiny bit) their campaign to suck the soul out of this club and replace it with their property portfolio.

I'm so fucking burned out on football and this club.

I think I'll be taking an extended break, and focus on the things that bring me joy and DON'T also bring crushing disappointment and anxiety.

I'm so fucking burned out on football and this club.

I think I'll be taking an extended break, and focus on the things that bring me joy and DON'T also bring crushing disappointment and anxiety.
To be honest, trying to pretend you don’t care only
makes things worse.

It is what it is. We take our medicine.

Hopefully ENIC fuck off and it’s a new era.

My daughter and me had a long conversation about renewing our STs last night. When I got it, I was like the cat who got the cream, still got a buzz from it up till a few weeks ago, but something has changed.

I don't feel like this is my club anymore, I can't put my finger on why, it just all feels different. We'd had a lot of drink before and during our convo and I'll probably still renew both STs, however, it's the first first time I've really had second thoughts.
Don't torture your daughter, it's not worth the pain or money.
Nothing will change it will get worse over time.
Save your daughter and yourself from a toxic and tourist experience .

I was at a book launch back in the summer with a few other forumees. And Terry Naylor gave a speech about how that season,they sometimes let us down,but we NEVER let them down.
Summed it up for me.

That was a great day and a great quote and is one of the many reasons us old codgers still love players like Nayor etc.

We can all tolerate losing but players not giving a fuck is intolerable. Players like Naylor, Roberts and Perryman would have slaughtered any players not pulling their weight.

Of course the club deserves our support. It's Tottenham Hotspur FC, been around for close to a century and half and the club we as fans all love with a passion.

The current owners, current management, current crop of players - well, that's an entirely different proposition. As of now, unless they turn things around on the pitch and we see some signs of a serious change in the kind of team they intend to shape, build and invest in, the answer for me is a resounding no.

No that's why I haven't been getting in the ground early and staying after because of the rise in price if the beer inside.
Only get one at HT to numb the pain, does seem to be such a bad atmosphere around the club

I think in the past it's been the fear of the alternative (russian drug/Arab oil money),that's kept people onside with ENIC. But with the realisation that soon every club will have one,that excuse is fading fast.
Before people pick me up on this.
A couple of points.
Do I want a dodgy owner-No
Do I want an owner that will invest in the playing side of things -Yes.
COYS
Yeah, totally. I know things can be better, but *potentially* jumping out of the frying pan and into a oil fire on water isn't smart and at least we're improving a little each year (taken as an average and only since I started supporting spurs exclusively in the mid 00's). If you ignore Jose's tenure, we're ahead. And to be fair, it's easy to see why Baldy made that mistake (for the record, I was dead against it).

I'm miserable about the current state, but without some clear indication of what would be genuinely better and durable, I'm not going nuclear just yet. There are plenty of other teams in a similar boat, but we are the only ones who haven't won anything in the past 10 years.

Bring on QSI, at least we'll see if money is the problem.

EDIT: If there is a billionaire Willy Wonka type out there, I'd have them instead, 100%. Just don't think they exist anymore.

Last edited:
I'm a current ST holder and judging from conversations in/around the stadium yesterday and after the match via WhatsApp etc there will be a lot of non-renewals for 2023/24. My plan is to switch down to a membership from next year and make more of a day of the matches I do attend. Our mismanagement on the pitch isn't the only factor in this decision but it's one of several.

Which is what I did last season.

Back
Top Bottom