Dons V Dons

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's all going to kick off big time in the land of nowhere that is Milton Keynes.

I'm sure you're all aware of how MKDons came to be, and the supporter led initiative that led to AFC Wimbledon being formed. Well, 10 years after their creation the unthinkable has happened...AFC Wimbledon have drawn MKDons in the FA Cup second round, and the fans are not happy...no, seriously, they are pissed off!

When news of a possible fixture filtered through the club released a statement
AFC Wimbledon said:
"While we would rather not have been drawn in this tie, like everything we do, we will approach this game in a professional manner if it happens, therefore, we are committed to fulfilling this potential fixture on 1/2 December, in accordance with the rules of the competition."

Well, it's happened and despite the club vowing to remain professional, some fans just can't bring themselves to travel to the land of roundabouts,
AFC blogger said:
No words can sum up the anger I feel for the people who tried to murder my football club and how much it hurt the fans involved at the time.
The simple thought of being in the same area, the same stadium, watching the same game as those who ‘support’ that club is too much for me.
read more

And there are many more like this. In fact, I'm currently questioning an AFC fan on FB as to why he won't support his team.

Are Wimbledon fans going at little OTT in refusing to come to MK and support their own team, or is theirs a completely reasonable standpoint?

theirs is a completely reasonable standpoint.
not sure he isnt supporting his team by not going. it's the only ground i wont give money too. entirely up to them if they want to go.

I really don't see how boycotting the match, or forfeiting it would be of any use. It would catch the headlines for a day or two, but then people would forget about it.

What has gone in the past has happened and it will not be undone. I think the AFC fans should travel in huge numbers, support their club and show the MK lot who the true Dons are.

I really don't see how boycotting the match, or forfeiting it would be of any use. It would catch the headlines for a day or two, but then people would forget about it.

What has gone in the past has happened and it will not be undone. I think the AFC fans should travel in huge numbers, support their club and show the MK lot who the true Dons are.
sign up to some AFC Wimbledon forums and express this viewpoint, I'd be keen to see the results. :bae:

Well I clearly don't understand the full extent of the situation, but I think what they have created with AFC Wimbledon is great and they should go and rub that in the face of those plastics in Milton Keynes.

It's not something that can be easily explained away or rationalised like that though, not sure I'd want to give those cunts my money if I was in their position. Have you read the blog in the OP?

I can perfectly understand why AFC Wimbledon fans don't want to give their cash to Franchise FC. Part of the reason for the boycott is they don't want to acknowledge them as a football club. In my opinion, MK Dons aren't a proper football club

Yeah I did and I understand the point about not giving them money, and I understand that there is reason for a protest, but I feel that the protest should be in a different form than staying away from the game.

Obviously cant speak for the AFC lads, but Im with Cripps. I couldnt think of a better reason to love your club. Travel in numbers, and make them shit their pants in their own stadium.

Embarrass and humiliate them, and show them what a real club with real fans, and real passion is all about.

On a Spurs related note, I know alot of people here were viciously against Stratford. A massive part of why I signed up here from GG, where I felt WAY too many members were all for moving....to the point those against were accused of holding the club back.

Fucking made my blood boil. I said very early on, that I wouldnt have to "stop supporting" Spurs. I would have no choice as they wouldnt exist.

If TFC and 1882 had ended up as the new foundations of Tottenham Hotspur, there would be nothing Id love more than to draw Stratford FC in the cup, go to their ground and fucking scream out my both my deepest hatred and deepest love for 90 minutes.

Could someone post a link to something that will explain the whole situation of the two clubs, heard something mentioned about it but I have no idea of the history.

Back
Top Bottom