Dulux spurs "jokes"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't recall you asking me that, sorry if I missed it, John. My answer would be no of course not. All their success has come post Roman. What's the point here?
Joan . My point is a very simple one mate. Despite you bigging up Chelsea, you yourself acknowledge that if they had endured a simalar lack of success to Spurs over the last 20 odd years their fan base would be nowhere near the size of the the fanbase Spurs have today. Nowhere near.

Hence the reason why despite Abramovich, despite all their silverware, Spurs are, always have been, and always will be a bigger club.

They know this. It's probably why they hate us so much.

But it also pisses on your assumption that we ain't and never have been one of the biggest clubs in England.

What we actually are, is one of the biggest under achieving clubs in England. Probably the biggest

My viewpoint on this is that as a club we are constantly held up as a joke amongst other fans and in the media. That may be considered fair enough and sure we could push on and be more successful if the man upstairs wasn't a tight arse. I'm used to the tedious flack we seem to receive disproportionally to other teams.
But I sure as hell don't expect it from people that are paying vast sums of money to work with you. Can you imagine this happening to any other club?

Fucking hell, this is overly dramatic. Just how do you think we are laughing stocks of the Premier League? Are we on course to beat Derby County's all time record low points total? Or are we looking like spending a second year in Upper mid table? It's a come down from previous years ok, but hardly a catastrophe.

As for our meagre trophy return, I reckon there are maybe 5 clubs that have any business mocking us for that, the other 14 are just as bad if not worse. So again, laughing stock is melodramatic.

This really is a case of wetting the bed over First World problems, 99% of the football clubs in the UK would love to be in our current dire straits, a couple of cheap jokes from the Dulux hound doesn't alter that.

what a load of Bolloks. 90% of the clubs you mention don’t have the same ticket prices us Spurs fans pay. They don’t have anywhere near the infrastructure and money involved in their clubs. Top clubs win trophies, spurs are simply immune to any level of winning silverware. We get constantly ribbed and laughed at as a club, so no it really isn’t melodramatic. We are constantly coming up with incredible ways to keep the “Spursy “ tradition and this latest is pretty much Spurs all over. Getting taking the piss out of from a company you have just joined into a partnership. We are a laughing stock and our admin team really don’t help themselves either

Until we get over the line we will continue to be mocked. That's why I was so desperate for the CL - never again could anyone talk shit if we brought that pot home.

Alas, we didn't. So until we win a major honour this will be a stick to beat us with and rightly so.

We should definitely have won at least an FA Cup over the last 5/6 years with the teams we had.
Proper insecurity stuff!

I've never been so proud to be a Spurs fan than under Poch. Walked tall, with a proper swagger and spring in my step.

Chelsea and Woolwich may have won more trophies than us, particularly recently, but still they look on at us with a mixture of hate and envy. Because neither has that special elixir, that mystical something that puts the Tottenham in Hotspur. If you measure greatness by how much hate you inspire, we're the biggest club in London by some distance. And we don't even need to win things to keep on being the biggest. If you ask Chelsea, Woolwich or West Ham fans why they feel this way they will struggle to articulate the reason. We just have something they never will, and no matter how many trophies they win it forever stays out of their reach.

but still they look on at us with a mixture of hate and envy. Because neither has that special elixir, that mystical something that puts the Tottenham in Hotspur.
I know what you mean - the ability to bottle a 3:0 lead in 8 minutes or drop 11 points lead over 6 games

Glory Glory

Obviously Spurs told them to delete it.

I personally think it actually makes it worse - they could've just left it and taken the banter but instead deleting it makes it look worse.
I think it was probably Dulux telling them to delete it. It was an attempt at some corporate Twitter banter that ended up being massively inappropriate.

I personally can't stand it when corporate accounts try to be funny in the hope of going viral even at the best of times.

We truly are a shit show of a club ain’t we ? Literally the laughing stock of the premier league every single season and we just don’t help ourselves. If people ain’t laughing at us in regards to our pathetic trophy less haul, they are taking the piss out of sponsorship deals etc. It’s a joke and the club literally have zero awareness when posting shite. A joke club run by money men that care only about profit than on field success.
Fucking hell, this is overly dramatic. Just how do you think we are laughing stocks of the Premier League? Are we on course to beat Derby County's all time record low points total? Or are we looking like spending a second year in Upper mid table? It's a come down from previous years ok, but hardly a catastrophe.

As for our meagre trophy return, I reckon there are maybe 5 clubs that have any business mocking us for that, the other 14 are just as bad if not worse. So again, laughing stock is melodramatic.

This really is a case of wetting the bed over First World problems, 99% of the football clubs in the UK would love to be in our current dire straits, a couple of cheap jokes from the Dulux hound doesn't alter that.

MAte that's proper over sensitive. We've been one of the best teams in Europe for about 4yrs. That turbocharged when we sold out Wembley and them moved into the best Football stadium in the world.

It's only this Mourinho dinocunt that's changed that dynamic.
Until we get over the line we will continue to be mocked. That's why I was so desperate for the CL - never again could anyone talk shit if we brought that pot home.

Alas, we didn't. So until we win a major honour this will be a stick to beat us with and rightly so.

We should definitely have won at least an FA Cup over the last 5/6 years with the teams we had.

This is just not true mate. It really isn't.

First club to achieve the double post ww2

First English club to win a major European trophy

4th most decorated club in England pre 2000 (ENIC)

Highest ever recorded home attendance in England

Best supported club in the country throughout the 1950s

First club to break the 100k transfer barrier

The list is endless.

Why do our own fans seem so keen to belittle their own football club .
Ah but you forgot, football only came into being in 1992.

I only buy Crown paint anyway so the jokes on them.

:mourpointlaugh:
Scoussser!!!!!!!

BountifulFlawlessHarborporpoise-max-1mb.gif

Back
Top Bottom