Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's almost our own version of Wan-Bissaka. Decent defensively, athletic, but fucking useless going forward. Okay as a number two but I still don't fancy Doherty as our first choice, despite his improvement. He'd get nowhere near Liverpool, City or Chelsea's 11 and they're the clubs we're trying to catch. James, Alexander-Arnold and to a slightly lesser extent Walker are on a completely different level to Doherty.

He's almost our own version of Wan-Bissaka. Decent defensively, athletic, but fucking useless going forward. Okay as a number two but I still don't fancy Doherty as our first choice, despite his improvement. He'd get nowhere near Liverpool, City or Chelsea's 11 and they're the clubs we're trying to catch. James, Alexander-Arnold and to a slightly lesser extent Walker are on a completely different level to Doherty.

No point coveting players we can't buy; so who's out there that are available and on that level?

Last edited:
He is exactly our AWB. Except he cost half as much as he's not English nor did we sign from a rival.

I wasn't actually having a dig at Man United saying Palace was their rival tbh.
More so that English teams act like babies and massively over value their players when selling to teams in the same league.

Might start seeing an end to it as players wise up and run down their contracts.

The last few games Royal was improved. The problem is he is not a dynamic athlete, not a technical player, and does not have attacking football intelligence.

He may be able to gain attacking intelligence with experience. But I don’t see him gaining pace/dribbling ability or quality passing/crossing ability to the level that we need. And if he can’t add anything exceptional than he’s a backup at best.

Maybe he could also back up Romero in the RCB position but I think he needs to improve defensively for that.

He seems like he has a good personality so I hope it works out. Just wouldn’t bet on it.

He tweets a good tweet, that's for sure!

He’s very likeable isn’t he? Become a bit of a cult hero. We do need a better RWB though, but I certainly wouldn’t be annoyed if Emerson stayed as well as us buying a RWB
What is it with Spurs and 'cult full/wing backs'?

Cyril Knowls started it I think... Jimmy Holmes added to the 'mythical full-back status' But we've had loads of others down the years...

Edman... Ekotto.... Emerson!

Not to mention Chimbonda, Aurier, Zeige, Lee Young-Pyo (remember HIM?) Mitchell, & Danny Thomas... Pat Van den Hauwe was as 'cult' as they come!

We've got previous in both LB and RB positions... But I kinda like it!

Was talking to a die hard Liverpool fan and he gave great complements about Spurs. Reckons we are on the up for sure. He said 'you've got Kane and Son of course but there's others there who look good like that Emerson Royal'. Ive not been a great fan of Royal myself so I questioned him by saying ' do you mean Romero?' He said 'no, that Royal was a bloody nightmare against us.'

Back
Top Bottom