Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

saying Spence is not in Conte's plans FOR NOW is jumping to conclusions when he literally is not in his plans at the moment?
he hasn't really played in pre season, he hasn't played the first 2 league games, and unless theres' an injury outbreak at RB I dont see him starting ahead of Emerson or Doherty in the next month of games either.
I think its fair to say he's not in contes plans for now

What you think isn't a direct reflection of what Conte's plans are.

Even if they were; plans can change VERY quickly.

saying Spence is not in Conte's plans FOR NOW is jumping to conclusions when he literally is not in his plans at the moment?
he hasn't really played in pre season, he hasn't played the first 2 league games, and unless theres' an injury outbreak at RB I dont see him starting ahead of Emerson or Doherty in the next month of games either.
I think its fair to say he's not in contes plans for now
Just means he'll start on Saturday. I don't know why people have to say things like this. You've no knowledge of what Conte does or doesn't think...just say you don't think he'll play, trying to invoke "Conte's plans" to lend weight to your utter speculation is silly.

It's pretty depressing when we are on a breakaway and the ball lands with Royal to make a cross...and you just know what is gonna happen. Yesterday he passed straight to the keeper.
However he showed great speed to get across and stop the Chelsea player who would have been clean through.

Doherty is probably still getting back up to speed after injury & Spence hasn't had a pre season with us so it's very much a 'for now the best option' sort of deal. Doherty was far better in his pre-injury spell than Emerson ever has been for us.

I think it's an opinion. I don't think every post has to be tinged with 'whatever Conte wants' as if we're some sort of cult now. That poster thinks Emerson has to improve going forward to remain first choice in the long term which I can't say I disagree with. The man kneecaps our attacking play down the right.
It took Doherty a year and a half to be serviceable for us, despite not coming from a new league and not having the language barriers.

Im not saying Emerson is the answer, but he doesn’t seem be given the same leniency that most new players are given. He’s also 23 (1 year older than Spence btw), him improving is not beyond the realms of possibility

Just means he'll start on Saturday. I don't know why people have to say things like this. You've no knowledge of what Conte does or doesn't think...just say you don't think he'll play, trying to invoke "Conte's plans" to lend weight to your utter speculation is silly.
okay we'll revisit in a month and see if he's closer to playing substantially :contetellmemore:

It clear that defensively, Conte still has trust issues. That is why Emerson is still playing. He’s still the best defender we have at the RWB position. Conte clearly prioritizes defense over anything else.

It took Doherty a year and a half to be serviceable for us, despite not coming from a new league and not having the language barriers.

Im not saying Emerson is the answer, but he doesn’t seem be given the same leniency that most new players are given. He’s also 23 (1 year older than Spence btw), him improving is not beyond the realms of possibility
Difference is we saw how good Doherty was at Wolves in back five, then signed him and put him in a back four and expected the same results. As soon as he got a solid run of games as a RWB he looked a different player, it was only the injury that allowed Emerson a way back in. The thing is with Conte we know it'll probably just be a short term thing for a few years (as we've seen in our transfer strategy), Son is 30, Kane is 29, Lloris is 35. These are the last fragments of that sensational team that should have won things, now we've got a manager that can help guys like Dier and Davies look quality. Doherty is better right now and IMO in this short window we can't afford to play players for their potential - in saying that of course Conte knows best and we don't know what they're like in training but that's my view.

It's pretty depressing when we are on a breakaway and the ball lands with Royal to make a cross...and you just know what is gonna happen. Yesterday he passed straight to the keeper.
However he showed great speed to get across and stop the Chelsea player who would have been clean through.
He ended up on the ball on two breakaways last week, got the assist for the Kulusevski goal on one and put in the pass that was deflected for the own goal on the other...just saying...

He ended up on the ball on two breakaways last week, got the assist for the Kulusevski goal on one and put in the pass that was deflected for the own goal on the other...just saying...

He made the easiest pass you'll ever make which Kulu then did everything with, and then Salisu essentially fell over himself to score an OG. It's not like either moments were due to an excellent ball in to the box or him taking on his man.

He made the easiest pass you'll ever make which Kulu then did everything with, and then Salisu essentially fell over himself to score an OG. It's not like either moments were due to an excellent ball in to the box or him taking on his man.
Made a very well timed run to get himself into position for that o.g though...but he was played onside by Salisu who was having a massive brainfart at the time...if he can't be good at least he's lucky...just look at his goal last season..

was probably best player first half, but when youre on top of a team you need a wing back with more quality in the final third. hes a good squad option to have tho as prob one of the better defenders in the squad when we are up against it.

He's been playing alright recently. Good defensively and I like his tenacity. However, there is no escaping the fact that he's limited in the attacking third as is probably a standard RB.

Hoping Spence takes his opportunity when he gets the chance as we need more from a WB.

Back
Top Bottom