Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah I’m pretty content to have a RWB who is as reliable as he is defensively and with the proper physicality for the prem.

I think Conte will start tinkering with Doherty, Spence, and Moura more as they get acclimated and fit for more attacking options.

AGAIN played well (best player for us in 1st half).

This is why is absolutely fucking HATE this fan account! Look at this for building narratives....

I thought Perisic was "good" across the 90, not that good in the 1st half and very good in the 2nd before he came off. It was his first start so absolutely no complaints from me regarding his performance, but MoTM fuck off!!!!

The reason why I'm sticking it in here is because Royal played better.

Royal didn't get an assist
Pass success Rate 91%
Key Passes 2
Final 3rd passes 4/4
Tackles 3/3
Crosses comp 3/3

I don't think any of these stats go towards what warrants a MoTM performance BTW, but it does show total bias by how they are used!! So do be careful when reading absolute garbage stats spouted from this account.

Well, I like him and that's all that matters!

London Sport GIF by Lord's Cricket Ground

He rarely affected the game today.
Same can be said about a few, but let's not try and spin it. There were more than a few times where he could have taken on a man but chose to put the brakes on instead of the burners. When he did get the chance to put a ball in, it wasn't very good either.

Same can be said about a few, but let's not try and spin it. There were more than a few times where he could have taken on a man but chose to put the brakes on instead of the burners. When he did get the chance to put a ball in, it wasn't very good either.

It's a shame Sessegnon and Richarlison made the exact same run at the end because that wasn't a bad ball in by Emerson.

I know the comm said both our guys were making the same run but that cross near the end that was a couple of yards behind them....

It's a shame Sessegnon and Richarlison made the exact same run at the end because that wasn't a bad ball in by Emerson.

I know the comm said both our guys were making the same run but that cross near the end that that was a couple of yards behind them....

You can't really blame 2 players if the ball was behind them both.
It came too late and wasn't good enough. If it was played 3 seconds earlier into the space they were attacking, one of them gets contact.

He's only 23. He may get there. But at the moment he just seems too hesitant to be brave on the ball.

Interestingly is that Sess is the same on the left with the ball.
When he hasn't got it, he's actually very bold in running into the box.

Last edited:
You can't really blame 2 players of the ball was behind them both.
It came too late and wasn't good enough. If it was played 3 seconds earlier into the space they were attacking, one of them gets contact.

He's only 23. He may get there. But at the moment he just seems too hesitant to be brave on the ball.

Interestingly is that Sess is the same on the left with the ball.
When he hasn't got it, he's actually very bold in running into the box.
Great post, spot on

Interesting that Conte leaves him as the last man at the bac on most set plays.. which leads me to think he is quite pacy... actually I've seen him use that pace in that position...and he is.quick . I like him, and think people are ott in his criticism... BUT he needs to learn how to use that pace when he's with the ball...with he's the ball he looks and is slow, which he actually isn't. Hope that makes sense...

AGAIN played well (best player for us in 1st half).

This is why is absolutely fucking HATE this fan account! Look at this for building narratives....

I thought Perisic was "good" across the 90, not that good in the 1st half and very good in the 2nd before he came off. It was his first start so absolutely no complaints from me regarding his performance, but MoTM fuck off!!!!

The reason why I'm sticking it in here is because Royal played better.

Royal didn't get an assist
Pass success Rate 91%
Key Passes 2
Final 3rd passes 4/4
Tackles 3/3
Crosses comp 3/3

I don't think any of these stats go towards what warrants a MoTM performance BTW, but it does show total bias by how they are used!! So do be careful when reading absolute garbage stats spouted from this account.

What are you on about.

We can have hard workers all day long.
But without Perisic we would be sitting on 3 points from 3 games.
Though with his corner delivery + superb header that absolutely put chance on plate for Kane means we are on 7 points.
I wish Royal would be even half the player Perisic is. It would give our team A LOT of advantage compared to now.

Royal is not even close to be good enough. Opponents leave room for him on the wing compared to every other Spurs players and despite that he cannot create anything on attacking front.

P.S about "narrative building" - nice that Royal got assist marked up to the situation where he put tame pass to center where OG was scored. But looking at what actually would be expected - Perisic sits comfortably on xA of 1,2 with 111 minutes played. Royal is on 0,21 with 258 minutes of field. Difference is stark - Perisic is expected to create a goal for every 92.5 minutes on the field. And Royal? Expected to create one with 1228 minutes. Difference is 13,3 TIMES. And it is also visible in the game, it is not just random stats (even though the number of info-points IS VERY LOW right now). While Perisic managed to put extremely accurate cross from near impossible situation (that Kane headed to top corner but GK saved) then Royal is left with much more space but even then he tooks too much time and then hits cross behind players.

Last edited:
What are you on about.

We can have hard workers all day long.
But without Perisic we would be sitting on 3 points from 3 games.
Though with his corner delivery + superb header that absolutely put chance on plate for Kane means we are on 7 points.
I wish Royal would be even half the player Perisic is. It would give our team A LOT of advantage compared to now.

Royal is not even close to be good enough. Opponents leave room for him on the wing compared to every other Spurs players and despite that he cannot create anything on attacking front.

P.S about "narrative building" - nice that Royal got assist marked up to the situation where he put tame pass to center where OG was scored. But looking at what actually would be expected - Perisic sits comfortably on xA of 1,2 with 111 minutes played. Royal is on 0,21 with 258 minutes of field. Difference is stark - Perisic is expected to create a goal for every 92.5 minutes on the field. And Royal? Expected to create one with 1228 minutes. Difference is 13,3 TIMES. And it is also visible in the game, it is not just random stats (even though the number of info-points IS VERY LOW right now). While Perisic managed to put extremely accurate cross from near impossible situation (that Kane headed to top corner but GK saved) then Royal is left with much more space but even then he tooks too much time and then hits cross behind players.
Why do people do this?

Perisic is quality, he WAS and may still be a world-class player. HE'S A BETTER PLAYER THAN ROYAL.

During the Wolves game however, Emerson played better than Perisic because he played the entire 90mins in an effective way. In the first half, he was our only really good player.

It's a 90 fucking minute game and against Wolves, his performance was 90mins of quality.

Back
Top Bottom