England Manager

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wenger is the only coach that really makes sense. Just checked and he turns 67 in just a few weeks. This would be a good semi-retirement job for him.

Trump to become England manager
28-09-16

trump425.jpg

DONALD Trump will be unveiled as England manager this Saturday, the FA has confirmed.

After Sam Allardyce was sacked for listing Wembley Stadium on eBay, the England squad is to become Trumpland Raiders FC.

Trump said: “This guy Sam hasn’t got them a game in, like, four weeks. Sad. But with me they will be playing every single day. Twice on Saturdays, you better believe me.

“I have all the best football people, just the greatest. Ask Pele. Ask that gay-looking guy married to the singer, they’ll all tell you.”

England players met the bullish university creator last night, with striker Wayne Rooney immediately bonding with the new manager over hair-sculpting regimes.

The squad for next month’s qualifying match against Malta will be selected by pitting them against each other in a series of tests including running a pop-up bagel stand and launching a new type of men’s fragrance.

Trump said: “We’re gonna go to Russia and we’re just gonna take the World Cup before a ball is kicked, I can totally make that happen.

Haha, the Daily Mash take on it.

Same old, same old. Looks like Southgate won't change much, let's hope he really is just a placeholder for a couple of games. So uninspiring.

Do England really not have a better option at RB than recalling Johnson? Cahill has been awful this season, yet his place in the squad seems guaranteed. Jagielka... can't they just pick a younger player who could still be of use in Russia? Same applies to Johnson and Cahill btw.

No Drinkwater, but fat Wayne is selected again. He doesn't even start for his club, yet is somehow England captain and the first name to make the squad. Walcott has been poor for years, performs well in two matches and immediately makes the England team, lol.

Antonio, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lingard... are there really no better alternatives available? To be fair to Southgate, maybe not.

Last edited:
I think the FA put a clause in managers contracts that Rooney must play for sponsorship reasons it really is quite ludicrous that he was deployed as a central midfield player in France can you imagine Germany putting an out of form well past his best Thomas Muller as a deep lying playmaker at the detriment to the balance of the whole team ? it's absolutely bonkers.

I can understand Rooney being somewhere in a managers plans but he's in terrible form and in and out of Manchester Utds team , with weak opposition coming up wouldn't it be a good opportunity to not play an ageing Rooney and play a team with one eye on the future.

Same old, same old. Looks like Southgate won't change much, let's hope he really is just a placeholder for a couple of games. So uninspiring.

Do England really not have a better option at RB than recalling Johnson? Cahill has been awful this season, yet his place in the squad seems guaranteed. Jagielka... can't they just pick a younger player who could still be of use in Russia? Same applies to Johnson and Cahill btw.

No Drinkwater, but fat Wayne is selected again. He doesn't even start for his club, yet is somehow England captain and the first name to make the squad. Walcott has been poor for years, performs well in two matches and immediately makes the England team, lol.

Antonio, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lingard... are there really no better alternatives available? To be fair to Southgate, maybe not.
Agree with all. Why know Bertrand he is excellent RB?
CB is a major fucking issue.

Back
Top Bottom