England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chilwell, Maguire, Henderson & Rashford shouldn't be in that squad. Form's been nowhere near good enough.

Them keepers and that defence do scare me.

But loads of mad talent upfront...if only the waistcoat supremo knew how to use it.

Chilwell, Maguire, Henderson & Rashford shouldn't be in that squad. Form's been nowhere near good enough.

Them keepers and that defence do scare me.

But loads of mad talent upfront...if only the waistcoat supremo knew how to use it.

Braitwaite is a monster, if he is able to transition to international football quickly then him and Stones is a proper combo. Walker and Chilwell also very good, keepers are average which is a shame.

Braitwaite is a monster, if he is able to transition to international football quickly then him and Stones is a proper combo. Walker and Chilwell also very good, keepers are average which is a shame.

Chilwell? Nah we need Shaw to be back and fit, he’s a very good left back.

Pickford isn’t great but he isn’t terrible either, you can’t be brilliant everywhere.

Chilwell? Nah we need Shaw to be back and fit, he’s a very good left back.

Pickford isn’t great but he isn’t terrible either, you can’t be brilliant everywhere.

If Shaw is fit. I rate Shaw better than Chilwell when he is completely on it. Either way both are top draw left backs. I am not that concerned with England’s defence unless we get a couple of injures.

If Shaw is fit. I rate Shaw better than Chilwell when he is completely on it. Either way both are top draw left backs. I am not that concerned with England’s defence unless we get a couple of injures.
Going into tournaments how can you rely on someone like Chilwell and James who is always injured as well.

It's sooo Southgate. He is what will ultimately do for England.

He is a nice guy and in international management making the environment relaxed is probably a good thing. I just wish he had more balls, more balls tactically/philosophical and more balls with players. In his defence I think he rest of the picks are pretty on point. Henderson just needs to retire.

Going into tournaments how can you rely on someone like Chilwell and James who is always injured as well.

James is such a sad case. Perhaps the best right back in the world on pure talent, the defending of Walker and the attacking of Porro but he can only play a few games a season, like a new Ledley King.

Chilwell and Shaw we just have to hope at least one of them is fit.

For me, France are the standout team. They just have strength of depth in every department. They could put out a second 11 that could win the tournament. After them you have a group that includes England, with Spain, Portugal and perhaps Germany if they can use the home advantage. Nobody expects much from them really and that could make them dangerous. Then you have the likes of Italy, Belgium and Croatia who all could win it, but don't have the squads those I mentioned do, in my opinion. And then you have Scotland right at the bottom of the pile just making up the numbers 😄 I do think they will be competitive though in all seriousness.

We all know where England's strengths and weaknesses lie. I feel like if we're to win it, John Stones and Declan Rice must be fit throughout the whole tournament. We just don't have replacements for either. Forget about any of this Rice playing further forward nonsense. Just get him and someone else to sit in front of that back line and allow Bellingham to do as he pleases, flanked by Saka and Foden, and the great man leading the line.

For me, France are the standout team. They just have strength of depth in every department. They could put out a second 11 that could win the tournament. After them you have a group that includes England, with Spain, Portugal and perhaps Germany if they can use the home advantage. Nobody expects much from them really and that could make them dangerous. Then you have the likes of Italy, Belgium and Croatia who all could win it, but don't have the squads those I mentioned do, in my opinion. And then you have Scotland right at the bottom just making up the numbers. 😄

We all know where England's strengths and weaknesses lie. I feel like if we're to win it, John Stones and Declan Rice must be fit throughout the whole tournament. We just don't have replacements for either. Forget about any of this Rice playing further forward nonsense. Just get him and someone else to sit in front of that back line and allow Bellingham to do as he pleases, flanked by Saka and Foden, and the great man leading the line.

Rice is better playing further forward as a box to box, it’s not nonsense, that’s where he is excelling.

He may have to not do it for England but it’s a damn shame.

Rice is better playing further forward as a box to box, it’s not nonsense, that’s where he is excelling.

He may have to not do it for England but it’s a damn shame.

It's nonsense for England as who else do we have to play that defensive midfield role to the same standard? I'm not saying Rice isn't also good playing as a box to box midfielder. But needs must for England. For Woolwich, he has both Jorginho and Partey who can play behind him.

U21 Squad

Goalkeepers: Matthew Cox (Bristol Rovers, loan from Brentford), Sam Tickle (Wigan Athletic), James Trafford (Burnley)

Defenders: Charlie Cresswell (Leeds United), Callum Doyle (Leicester City, loan from Manchester City), Taylor Harwood-Bellis (Southampton, loan from Manchester City), Rico Lewis (Manchester City), Teden Mengi (Luton Town), Jarell Quansah (Liverpool), Brooke Norton-Cuffy (Millwall, loan from Woolwich), Nathan Wood (Swansea City)

Midfielders: Carney Chukwuemeka (Chelsea), Harvey Elliott (Liverpool), Kobbie Mainoo (Manchester United), James McAtee (Sheffield United, loan from Manchester City), Tyler Morton (Hull City, loan from Liverpool), Archie Gray (Leeds United), Alex Scott (AFC Bournemouth)

Forwards: Jamie Bynoe-Gittens (Borussia Dortmund), Jay Stansfield (Birmingham City, loan from Fulham), Sam Iling-Junior (Juventus), Noni Madueke (Chelsea), Jaden Philogene (Hull City), Morgan Rogers (Aston Villa)

The talent pool this country is producing is genuinely mental

U21 Squad

Goalkeepers: Matthew Cox (Bristol Rovers, loan from Brentford), Sam Tickle (Wigan Athletic), James Trafford (Burnley)

Defenders: Charlie Cresswell (Leeds United), Callum Doyle (Leicester City, loan from Manchester City), Taylor Harwood-Bellis (Southampton, loan from Manchester City), Rico Lewis (Manchester City), Teden Mengi (Luton Town), Jarell Quansah (Liverpool), Brooke Norton-Cuffy (Millwall, loan from Woolwich), Nathan Wood (Swansea City)

Midfielders: Carney Chukwuemeka (Chelsea), Harvey Elliott (Liverpool), Kobbie Mainoo (Manchester United), James McAtee (Sheffield United, loan from Manchester City), Tyler Morton (Hull City, loan from Liverpool), Archie Gray (Leeds United), Alex Scott (AFC Bournemouth)

Forwards: Jamie Bynoe-Gittens (Borussia Dortmund), Jay Stansfield (Birmingham City, loan from Fulham), Sam Iling-Junior (Juventus), Noni Madueke (Chelsea), Jaden Philogene (Hull City), Morgan Rogers (Aston Villa)

The talent pool this country is producing is genuinely mental

No yids in there tho'. :(

Back
Top Bottom