England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed. Also goalkeeper for France.

It really is a toss of the coin who wins. It was very close last World Cup but we had half our team missing for the tournament so I felt we were still a level above. I don’t feel that way any more.

Two managers who are quite similar too.

Wednesday July 7 - 9pm. Semifinal. I’ll be pissing my pants.

You win, Southgate tax

Pickford

Shaw Branthwaite Stones Walker

Mainoo Bellingham Rice

Foden Kane Saka

Looks good to me. Plenty on the bench too with the likes of Palmer, Maddison and Rashford. That's definitely a semi-final team, at the minimum. And once you are there you are just two good games away from winning something.

Mainoo was the best midfielder on the pitch against the Scousers, so deserves a chance. Will also stop Ghana from loitering. Him and Palmer are a big boost going into the Euros on top of what was already a pretty exciting team.

For half an hour and then he faded, he's a baller but he's really getting that Utd hype.

The common opinion is that he's better than Sarr for example, like you go to any casual football fan and tell them Sarr is better than Mainoo and they'll just laugh at you.

Can't play Saka LW.

Pickford

TAA Stones Guehi Branthwaite

Mainoo

Rice Bellingham

Foden Kane Rashford

Eh, who is at left back? Trent at right-back is a no go, Walker is much better suited to international football. Trent should be our first sub if we're struggling to break teams down and need to overload and get balls in to the box.

Foden can play left or right side to a high level and has before. I get the logic of using Rashford as tactically he provides those runs in behind but Saka/Foden are both pretty much undroppable for me and two of the best footballers we have.

For half an hour and then he faded, he's a baller but he's really getting that Utd hype.

The common opinion is that he's better than Sarr for example, like you go to any casual football fan and tell them Sarr is better than Mainoo and they'll just laugh at you.

I think it's more English hype. If Sarr was English he'd have some NT call ups by now and would be spoken about a lot more.

I think it's more English hype. If Sarr was English he'd have some NT call ups by now and would be spoken about a lot more.

It's Utd and English hype tbh

Also Mainoo stands out in that Utd midfield because it's so shit, Sarr doesn't stand out in our midfield because we have better players so he's under-rated.

He's not better than Sarr as of right now. But that's more a compliment to Sarr than a slant on Mainoo. But Sarr wasn't the player he is now three years ago, at the same age.

I don't think he's a "generational talent" or anything like that. But his talent is clear and, like Bellingham, he seems to have the same mentality you need which will take you to the top over time. From an England perspective the most exciting thing about him is that his style should compliment Rice really well.

Eh, who is at left back? Trent at right-back is a no go, Walker is much better suited to international football. Trent should be our first sub if we're struggling to break teams down and need to overload and get balls in to the box.

Foden can play left or right side to a high level and has before. I get the logic of using Rashford as tactically he provides those runs in behind but Saka/Foden are both pretty much undroppable for me and two of the best footballers we have.

Why not?

Trent playing at RB inverting asks more questions of the opposition, he's a literal cheat code when he gets on the ball

Branthwaite LB tucked in so TAA can get forward. Maybe even play Walker RCB so he has pace and 1v1 defending to cover the channels when TAA goes forward. Branthwaite sitting at LB means Rashford can push up and play high which stops teams penning us in when Kane always drops deep.

Foden is half the player on the LW when he can't cut in. We have 3 top RWs, just need to pick one. Foden can maybe play centrally at times depending on the opposition. If we play Kane, which obviously we will, you have to have Rashford's pace to stretch defenses, otherwise they just push up and squeeze the space for our MF.

Most definitely big club hype.

If he was performing this way for Bournemouth. No one would have batted an eyelid. As you said, Uniteds midfield is so shit and United have a history with "youth development" that he stands out like a sore thumb.

He is a good talent though.

Manchester United co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe has made England manager Gareth Southgate his top choice to replace Erik ten Hag in the summer, and would like a decision from the 53-year-old sooner rather than later. (Star)

that's the end of utd then...

Would imagine it's a perfect game to start Palmer on the right and Watkins or Toney up front. We all know what Kane brings to the party, and Saka.

It's important we see how the likes of Branthwaite, Mainoo and Palmer handle these occasions when playing the likes of Brazil and Belgium. Though I don't think any of them will struggle mentally at all.

Would imagine it's a perfect game to start Palmer on the right and Watkins or Toney up front. We all know what Kane brings to the party, and Saka.

It's important we see how the likes of Branthwaite, Mainoo and Palmer handle these occasions when playing the likes of Brazil and Belgium. Though I don't think any of them will struggle mentally at all.

Foden for me needs to play on that RW

Back
Top Bottom