England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will he be brave enough to play him though? Starting him makes more sense than starting Mainoo to me, even though Mainoo played well in the recent friendlies. Will probably be the "safe" option, Gallagher, just because he has more experience.

Issue is Wharton is the only real modern number 6 we have. Everyone else Mainoo, Gallagher, Rice are 8’s. Wharton has the potential to bring balance to the team in a way our other midfielders can’t. Obviously that is assuming he doesn’t shit his pant playing international football but he has been more than comfortable playing Prem.

Issue is Wharton is the only real modern number 6 we have. Everyone else Mainoo, Gallagher, Rice are 8’s. Wharton has the potential to bring balance to the team in a way our other midfielders can’t. Obviously that is assuming he doesn’t shit his pant playing international football but he has been more than comfortable playing Prem.

Think he has the mentality to stroll it from what I've seen. Doesn't seem the type to get fazed at all.

I would be love to see this start, fitness depending of course -

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Maguire
Shaw

Wharton
Rice
Bellingham

Foden
Palmer

Kane

Foden and Palmer to both play more centrally. Not out wide getting chalk on their boots. Maguire has a solid partnership with Stones so would stick with him rather than throwing someone like Branthwaite in the deep end. Some amazing players on the bench to bring on in the likes of Saka, Eze, Gordon, Watkins and Alexander-Arnold.

Obviously I don't think for a moment that Southgate won't select Saka, and probably rightly so.

He won’t Chuck Wharton in as a starting 6 in a European Championships it is too big of an ask. I doubt he will even make the plane. Rightly, or wrongly.

The most concerning thing sbout England is their midfield. Rice is world class, but if Bellingham is playing as 10, that’s problem.

I was at England v Brazil and it was the first time I’d watched Bellingham live. I was actually struck as to how lazy he was off the ball. It was a complete surprise. That’s maybe why he’s played further forward because on the ball, he is a magician

I was at England v Brazil and it was the first time I’d watched Bellingham live. I was actually struck as to how lazy he was off the ball. It was a complete surprise. That’s maybe why he’s played further forward because on the ball, he is a magician
So he doesn’t look like an 8 to you?

England have some very very good attacking options. Hope Southgate uses them right.

Having no skin in the game re Wales, I will be fully supporting England in the tournament like the bandwagon jumping little cunt that I am.

England have some very very good attacking options. Hope Southgate uses them right.

Having no skin in the game re Wales, I will be fully supporting England in the tournament like the bandwagon jumping little cunt that I am.

Having Wales in the tournament would have made it better. Always feel something is missing without the tide of red shirts. I actually low key support them in tournaments until England are out and I'm too pissed off to bother watching any more of it.

Having Wales in the tournament would have made it better. Always feel something is missing without the tide of red shirts. I actually low key support them in tournaments until England are out and I'm too pissed off to bother watching any more of it.

Cheers, very kind of you. Gutted we missed out.

I will never EVER forget Euro 2016.

Need a left back and a decent defensive midfielder to complete the team but I think the rest of the side is easily talented enough to carry the team with weaker players in that position.

For left back I would go with whatever the data says on the best English left back is and go with that. The midfielder should just be whoever is best on the ball as I suspect against the majority of teams we will have it the most.
Yes left back is a concern for me. If Shaw is fit that's great because I do like him and he is a natural left back. I don't like the thought so much of gomes (who I don't personally rate) or trippier filling in there. It just leads to the player not being able to carry the ball or be able to go outside or in.

Let's hope Saka doesn't pick up a knock in training and have to be ruled out of the tournament.

giphy.gif

I hope you know that I just took a sip of my Dr Pepper then read that.

Duly choked and dribbled sticky liquid down my white office shirt.

Thank you. Thank you very much.
That'll teach you not to be on here when you're supposed to be working.

The Lord moves in mysterious ways.

I like the look of the squad, some brilliant attacking players. So much choice.

With Southgate it would be much more beneficial if we had so many brilliant defensive options though! I just can't trust him to get the best out of the likes of Foden and Palmer.

If Shaw ends up not playing and we also lost Stones, who has been injured a lot this season, then we may as well play a 0-3-7 formation and just see where that takes us.

Back
Top Bottom