England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Southgate will 100% flog him to death. He always does. The only way he doesn’t is if Kane gets a knock between now and when the squad meets up and we withdraw them.

Just heard Sarfgate on the radio, in response to Jose's comments about being respectful of Kane's fitness.....

"In the same sense, I urge that Spurs be respectful of England's needs come may when his country will be having high hopes for Harry"

Right, so if we're on the brink of a title win or something, the club that pays his wages should ration his game-time so that he's nice and fresh for England????

Cunt really doesn't get it does he? It's only necessary for Jose to comment in the first place because GS can't resist but flog him and there was every likelyhood he'd play Harry for 270 minutes otherwise.

Last edited:
Southgate will 100% flog him to death. He always does. The only way he doesn’t is if Kane gets a knock between now and when the squad meets up and we withdraw them.
Not this time.

200.gif

Just heard Sarfgate on the radio, in response to Jose's comments about being respectful of Kane's fitness.....

"In the same sense, I urge that Spurs be respectful of England's needs come may when his country will be having high hopes for him"

Right, so if we're on the brink of a title win or something the club that pays his wages should ration his game-time so that he's nice and fresh for England????

Cunt really doesn't get it does he? It's only necessary for Jose to comment in the first place because GS can't resist but flog him and there was every likelyhood he'd play Harry for 270 minutes otherwise.
Club before country!

"In the same sense, I urge that Spurs be respectful of England's needs come may when his country will be having high hopes for Harry"

Right, so if we're on the brink of a title win or something, the club that pays his wages should ration his game-time so that he's nice and fresh for England????

He does have a point though.

Delighted for Harvey Barnes, really like this kid. Like most young players his end product needs work and patience but watch his runs and the positions he finds. Way, way better than the likes of Loftus-Cheek, I've been amazed that he's still at Leicester and that a big Club hasn't come in for him in the last couple of years.

He does have a point though.

What point is that then?

....Who has to pay his wages if he gets injured on international duty?

.....Who coached, trained and developed him to this level (or in other case of another player forked out millions in 'delicate' trf fee to secure his services)?

I think Southgate needs to get real.

What point is that then?

....Who has to pay his wages if he gets injured on international duty?

.....Who coached, trained and developed him to this level (or in other case of another player forked out millions in 'delicate' trf fee to secure his services)?

I think Southgate needs to get real.
He's the England National Manager and Kane is the England Captain! Both he and Kane don't give a fuck about who's developed him and how much that's cost (Kane has spent years being developed within the England youth system too, so....). Southgate wants to play his players (just as ANY National Manager would do) and Kane would be as determined, proud and as passionate as he always is about leading his Country out.

He's the England National Manager and Kane is the England Captain! Both he and Kane don't give a fuck about who's developed him and how much that's cost (Kane has spent years being developed within the England youth system too, so....). Southgate wants to play his players (just as ANY National Manager would do) and Kane would be as determined, proud and as passionate as he always is about leading his Country out.

What Garreff wants is one thing; I'm no clearer as to where the valid point in his statement lies.....

What Garreff wants is one thing; I'm no clearer as to where the valid point in his statement lies.....
His point was a light harted repost back at Jose telling him he dosesn't ask him not to select Kane to play for Spurs ahead of an England game. He's the National coach and it's entirely up to him who he picks to play for England. What Jose says (or any Club managers says) about a players selection for the National team is irrelevant for him.

So you wouldn't have a problem with Kane starting all 3 games in the break? One of them being a friendly

His point was a light harted repost back at Jose telling him he dosesn't ask him not to select Kane to play for Spurs ahead of an England game. He's the National coach and it's entirely up to him who he picks to play for England. What Jose says (or any Club managers says) about a players selection for the National team is irrelevant for him.

I think that's false equivalence and somewhat deluded on GS's part....

We are Harry's parent club.

If I was him I wouldn't get to cozy with his mindset because there will be plenty of players whom are more committed to club than country that he'd presumably quite like to select at one point or another.

England's options for players to include in the squad stronger than its been for years, although a few exceptions in areas such as goalkeepers.

Maddison, Barkley, Dele Alli, Lingard, Hudson-Odoi, Stones, Tomori, Shaw, Wilson, Wann-Bisaka and Oxlade-Chamberlain are going to find it hard to get back into the squad - possibly Greenwood and Foden as well.

So you wouldn't have a problem with Kane starting all 3 games in the break? One of them being a friendly

With that squad and several centre forwards including Ings and Calvert-Lewin both of whom need to be tried out for England, there is NO excuse for Southgate to start Kane in a friendly as he wouldnt be doing his job as England manager not to explore the options and alternatives for when Kane is injured and not available for England

I see that Winks fella has been included again.

I don't understand it, I mean I've been told many, many times by people on here that he's shite. Surely some lads with a keyboard know more about him than Jose and Southgate ?

Bit surprised he didn't call up Brandon Williams and let him and Saka share the left back spot at least in the friendly.
He said Saka "adds depth" on the left, but isn't he the only naturally left sided player in the squad except for Mings?

Back
Top Bottom