***** England v Albania 19:45 12th Nov ITV *******

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Closest I've been is Kosovo. A place with lovely people. I hear Albania is like that but also has the plus point of not looking like it was put together by a nation of cowboy builders.

Been Serbia, Croatia, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro (Hungary, Austria, Italy & Slovenia as well, on a tour), but not Albania. Epic region.

We lack a real elite midfielder. Foden and Kane are class, defence works, wing backs are fine but against teams of Italy’s quality we really miss a Carrick type.

Bellingham says

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

Rice and Bellingham is the risky but obvious paring. I'm scared of using Germany as a guide to quality but post WC need to give a run of games.
I don't think Bellingham is a natural starter yet. The subs seemed to lower the level tonight.

There are so many potentially great attacking midfielders though. It's like Defoe said, go back to your clubs and triumph, make yourself undroppable

Yeah, but you can't just invent those players.

Between Rice and Phillips we're OK there - not great, maybe other teams are stronger in that area - but very decent.

Yeah, it'd be awesome to drop a 29-year-old Hoddle or a nationalised Modric in there for some games but then again, for others...

IMO:
Pickford
James / Stones / McGuire / Chillwell
Bellingham
(Mount) / Rice (Phillips) / Foden (Grealish)
Sancho (Saka) / Kane (*) / Sterling (Rashford)​

(*DCL / Watkins / Toney / Abraham tbc.)

The way I see it; Potter would be the least suited as he'd need more access to his players to truly do his thing.

If I'm the FA, I'm seeing if Lampard would take the U21s job and trying to groom him for the senior job like they did with Gary.

IMO:
Pickford
James / Stones / McGuire / Chillwell
Bellingham
(Mount) / Rice (Phillips) / Foden (Grealish)
Sancho (Saka) / Kane (*) / Sterling (Rashford)​

(*DCL / Watkins / Toney / Abraham tbc.)
Mount before Bellingham for me, if only for his experience.

It's not half bad though, however you look at it.

Stop calling Southgate "Gary" though, he deserves better.

I don't think Bellingham is a natural starter yet.

There are so many potentially great attacking midfielders though. It's like Defoe said, go back to your clubs and triumph, make yourself undroppable
I agree but Bellingham is second on the team sheet at dortmund , he is undroppable. Ajax dicking on dortmund and Sancho is making me question the quality of the german league outside of a few teams (especially defence).

AM is sorted, loads of options. CM /DM is rice and another,that Another is the only question.

Pickford

James
Maguire
Stones
Chilwell

Rice
Phillips
Bellingham

Foden
Sterling
Kane

If Mount finds his regular Chelsea form for England then he would be in my 11.

A bench including Mount, Rashford, Grealish, Sancho and Saka isn't too shabby.

I can understand that in the short-term, but IMO Mount has been poor in an England shirt.

Indeed.... It's only really CB where the depth is a bit suspect.
People I respect say mount improves when you see him off the ball, improves the team rather than looks good. I also see nothing in him but admit I may be wrong.

People I respect say mount improves when you see him off the ball, improves the team rather than looks good. I also see nothing in him but admit I may be wrong.

I can see it for the Chavs, but I thought he was awful at the Euros.

Stones
Maguire
Pretty happy with them tbh (both good at the Euros). Meant compared to the quality in depth that we have everywhere else.....
No really on my radar, tbh.
Stay fit and active then we can talk.
If he doesn't succumb to goon-disease and continues to grow then yeh, he becomes a good option.
At a push.

Pretty happy with them tbh (both good at the Euros). Meant compared to the quality in depth that we have everywhere else.....

No really on my radar, tbh.

Stay fit and active then we can talk.

If he doesn't succumb to goon-disease and continues to grow then yeh, he becomes a good option.

At a push.

It's definitely our weakest area other than an actual replacement for Harry Kane. Calvert-Lewin and Abraham are both decent. Very good on their day. But nowhere near Kane's quality when Harry is at or near to his best, Greenwood will get there but is some way off yet.

Calvert-Lewin and Abraham are both decent. Very good on their day. But nowhere near Kane's quality when Harry is at or near to his best,

Fairly standard state of affairs though tbh.

Key for us in tournaments is to not labour our way to meek wins against the lesser teams (which takes us back to the "are we too conservative?" debate).... Get in front then get Kane off and rested otherwise we risk knackering him out should make the final phases.

Greenwood will get there but is some way off yet.

Seems Gary is either a) seriously butthurt over him going on the pull during lockdown or b) in Utds pocket as far as keeping him out of the squad goes..... Perhaps a mix of both.

Nice to see see Jermain having a bit of a dig at Walcott there.

My memory is shit, did Defoe ever go to a World Cup, ever score?

That decision to take TW to 2006 was one of the worst England decisions I can remember
Sven the Imposter as he was known for that!

Theo must have had a decent looking mum for Sven to advocate that decision

Back
Top Bottom