***England V Czech Rep 22/06/2021***

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Southgate's selections are simply incoherent.

If you are going to play philips and Rice together, then you need attacking fullbacks that can deliver quality ball into the box.

Similarly you need to have creative AMs to create chances for Kane. Playing Sterling and Foden is too much scoring without creativity. Grealish should have been playing intead of one of them. Not sure Saka is the right fix but combining him with Sancho on the other flank would have been better imo

I am not a English fan so maybe one of you can explain how Saka is selected ahead of Sancho?

Or Sterling ahead of Sancho?

Or why Southgate seems to hate Sancho?
Saka and Sterling aren’t bad players.... agree that Sancho should start this game (I would have started him in the first game) but it’s not like he’s picked Dier and ‘ Hendo’ ahead of him. They are all exciting, dangerous players

Saka and Sterling aren’t bad players.... agree that Sancho should start this game (I would have started him in the first game) but it’s not like he’s picked Dier and ‘ Hendo’ ahead of him. They are all exciting, dangerous players

They aren;t bad players overall but they aren't good players for international football.

I would say Sancho is much better options than either. There is no justifiable reason to have either over Sancho.

Edit:

Missed Grealish was starting.

They aren;t bad players overall but they aren't good players for international football.

I would say Sancho, for sure, and probably Grealish as well are much better options than either. There is no justifiable reason to have either over Sancho.
Sancho hasn't been in the greatest of form, but then neither has Sterling.

Sancho hasn't been in the greatest of form, but then neither has Sterling.

I was fine with Sterling starting the tournament but at this point it is clear he has been poor. Sancho should be starting over him for this game and if he is poor as well fair enough.

Saka just shouldn't start over Sancho for any reason.

Back
Top Bottom