England V Denmark Semi Final Wembley Wednesday 7th July 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just seen that in the past 6 matches, Denmark won 3 times, 1 draw and 2 wins for the brits. With 9-6 goalscore in danish favor, now i feel a bit more relaxed about that match, especially with Pierre on form :)

Despite the win in 2018's World Cup, England also have a poor record against Sweden. Counts for absolutely nothing now, but it strange that we seem to struggle so much against weaker Scandinavian sides in the past.

Has anyone else noticed that Walker gives the ball away with a sloppy/misdirected pass at least once per match. which gives the other team a moment of motivation?

It's why most people only seem him as a very good right-back and not a world-class one. He has so many sloppy moments that can only be attributed to a lack of concentration. You take the rough with the smooth though because there isn't a better full-back around at covering, even for his own errors. But you would think the age that he is that he would have ironed those sloppy moments out in his game by now.

For England I actually prefer to see him as part of a back three than I do at right-back in a back four. He has much less time on the ball then to do anything stupid or sloppy.

There is a real buzz around the place down to the football, if Gary and the lads can bring this home next weekend is going to be unreal!!!

It has bothered me sometimes that he is cautious when we have such a wonderful squad blessed with a lot of top quality attacking players. But IF we win this Euro's, I think when his time as our manager comes to it's end he should be knighted. He's done an unbelievable job when you really think about it, following on from the clusterfuck that was Roy Hodgson and the Euro 2016 tragedy.

Our players often come out now saying that it's the best team spirit they've ever known, be it players from Manchester United, City, Liverpool or Chelsea etc. It wasn't that long ago that our players genuinely didn't like each other. and often looked like they would rather be anywhere else than playing for the jersey. On top of everything, Southgate just comes across as a really nice bloke that's easy to route for.

iu
Vs
iu

iu

Three Lions Hug GIF by England
Anyone else look at those flags and think we'll pretty much cancel each other out? :freund:

Last edited:
as long as they don't have that mouthy woman, emma Hayes as the tech co-commentator - god - she just wouldn't STFU for the Croatia Czech game. Someone needs to tell her to speak when spoken to, not talk without pause apart from to draw breath
Does look like there’s a few who don’t agree with you.

Haven’t heard her yet personally.

as long as they don't have that mouthy woman, emma Hayes as the tech co-commentator - god - she just wouldn't STFU for the Croatia Czech game. Someone needs to tell her to speak when spoken to, not talk without pause apart from to draw breath
True but I thought a lot of what she said made sense so....

I know we're still a couple of days away, but I'm already feeling it now.

The last time I was this nervous about a semi I was watching Brokeback Mountain.

Back
Top Bottom