****England v Italy Euros FINAL 11/07/21 8pm*****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

be careful what you wish for

You don't want big brother watching over you at all times.

Part of the joys of the internet is the anonymity, we can't let a few idiots ruin that for everyone else.
The internet is far from anonymous to most of us , well unless you use a VPN but even that is traceable . Anyway if I’m a footballer I wouldn’t even go on social media

You are never going to take abuse off of the internet.

If I had a penny for every time I was abused online I'd be able to buy Amazon off Bezos.

This isn't a perfect world, if you go online you are going to get abuse, whether you are black, white, brown, heterosexual, gay, transsexual or anything else. Specially if you are in the public gaze.

I'm not sure why we have to make it National news every time some knuckle dragger shits on his keyboard and presses send.

Censorship and big brother isn't the answer, truth is there is no answer. Just accept there are morons on the internet who go out of there way to upset people and rise above it.

The platforms themselves on the likes of Twitter don’t help though. They seem to encourage in terms of what gets viewed and promoted the more extreme opinions, you only have to look at the absurd woke vs alt right bollocks.

There is a lot of articles you can find on the Russian and CCP hate factories. It’s called asymmetric warfare, you go around pretending to be German or English or whatever and you spread misinformation and hate to try and turn people against each other or change the narrative.

If I had a penny for every time I was abused online I'd be able to buy Amazon off Bezos.

This isn't a perfect world, if you go online you are going to get abuse, whether you are black, white, brown, heterosexual, gay, transsexual or anything else. Specially if you are in the public gaze.

I'm not sure why we have to make it National news every time some knuckle dragger shits on his keyboard and presses send.

Censorship and big brother isn't the answer, truth is there is no answer. Just accept there are morons on the internet who go out of there way to upset people and rise above it.
But those same morons still Exist in the world.... they walk and work amongst us...

The 'keyboard warrior' knows they're wrong, cos they wouldn't say some of the stuff they say to anyone's face.... doesn't stop them thinking it though!

Education is key..... without that, you'll always be fending off bile and vitriol like this.... rising above it doesn't make it go away.... it's merely ignoring it.
Then again, you're right, censorship is similar in so much as it hides it under the carpet by bleeping or pixilating out of sight.

The answer is that the world, (not just England) is infested with some horrible cunts!

200.gif

Southgate basically fucked up every decision all tournament, he just got away with it until yesterday.
On the other hand, under him it is the first time England were in a World Cup semi-final since 1990 and the first time in the final of a major tounament since 1966. It is hard to argue against that.

This England team is not far off winning a big trophy, I wouldn't mess with it personally.

Presumably wasn't asked by Southgate
You can't really believe that? The 5 that took them would not have been Southgate's optimal choice, no way, but he can hardly come out and say that, or that he wanted Sterling and Grealish to take one but they bottled it. Well he could say that, but he's not the type.

There is absolutely no way either of those 2 were putting themselves forward but were overruled by Southgate wanting the 2 lads who'd barely broken in their boots for the tournament and the mid-table teenager to go.

We can do an awful lot more than just give up. And we should.

But those same morons still Exist in the world.... they walk and work amongst us...

The 'keyboard warrior' knows they're wrong, cos they wouldn't say some of the stuff they say to anyone's face.... doesn't stop them thinking it though!

Education is key..... without that, you'll always be fending off bile and vitriol like this.... rising above it doesn't make it go away.... it's merely ignoring it.
Then again, you're right, censorship is similar in so much as it hides it under the carpet by bleeping or pixilating out of sight.

The answer is that the world, (not just England) is infested with some horrible cunts!
Re-educating people sounds a bit dystopian and Orwellian for my tastes.

I don't want to live in a world where I'm being watched at all times and treading on egg shells over what I say.

That's not the answer

Sounds like something straight out of Communist China.

You can't really believe that? The 5 that took them would not have been Southgate's optimal choice, no way, but he can hardly come out and say that, or that he wanted Sterling and Grealish to take one but they bottled it. Well he could say that, but he's not the type.

There is absolutely no way either of those 2 were putting themselves forward but were overruled by Southgate wanting the 2 lads who'd barely broken in their boots for the tournament and the mid-table teenager to go.
You can see why Southgate said it, but no way did Saka say "I don't fancy taking one Boss" and Southgate replies "shut up son, you are taking the decider".

Why not have some responsibility though? Wouldn’t take much just to require an ID to sign up to Facebook or Twitter , maybe if people aren’t anonymous on social media it would stop some of the shit ?
Because Facebook and Twitter simply don't care. The only thing they'd understand is if all the players and clubs deleted their accounts.

He literally brought on Sancho and Rashford with 10 seconds to go just so they can take a pen

Assuming McGuire was a first choice and obviously Kane - that's 4 slots already taken, leaving only the 5th one available. Are you suggesting he went around asking who's keen to take it eventually ending up with Saka? No way, Jose

Because Facebook and Twitter simply don't care. The only thing they'd understand is if all the players and clubs deleted their accounts.
what are you talking about?

Facebook and twitter are banning people left right and centre. They de-platformed a sitting president of the United states.

Cancel culture is very real and has been ramping up for a while now

The cure is having social media accounts linked to actual people, then holding them to account. At the moment anyone can have dozens of amounts without any real effort.
You realise that the police follow up on hate speech and 9 times out of 10 find and charge the perpetrators right? there have already been lots of arrests.

It's like saying if we bring back the death penalty that will stop murder.

I'm sorry but you won't stop human beings from being assholes. You are trying to plug the hoover damn with your little pinky

Back
Top Bottom