England vs. Ukraine July 3rd 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why? We've done exactly what needed to be done - we pushed on and got the 2nd, 3rd and now 4th goal?
Yeh i'm happy this is exactly the way we should play. On the front foot, our best players are in attack. Our bench is strong so let's be aggressive knowing we have quality to come off the bench when the opposition tire.

When have we played better than this, post 96?

Appreciate it’s still England and it’s more a testament to how crap we’ve been in recent years.
I just can't look past the competition. Other than the most out of sorts German side I've ever seen who have we beaten? Just like the world cup he's had a route through that you couldn't have hand picked better.

Fuck me, just realised we haven't even used Foden and Grealish.

Attacking wise, this is one of the better England squads i can recall. Even the so called golden generations had to make up the numbers with a Vassell or a Sinclair. This squad up front is stacked. All we're really lacking is a decent backup for Kane because DCL isn't really in the same class as him.

Yeh i'm happy this is exactly the way we should play. On the front foot, our best players are in attack. Our bench is strong so let's be aggressive knowing we have quality to come off the bench when the opposition tire.
It's nice to see that Southgate must have learnt from the games like Croatia.

There's a reason why we came out all guns blazing in the second half - we've learnt that containment of a game when you're 1 nil up is too risky, so they gone for the jugular straight away 2nd half.

So good to see

Congrats mates! Reaching the semifinals in two consecutive major tournaments is a huge accomplishment!

Denmark will be a tough side to beat, but you are obviously favored in that match up.

Back
Top Bottom