Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele/Winks CM for me. Maybe Lallana next to them as well.

Looks nice, but going from 2 DMs (Dier/Henderson) to none ain't happening in my lifetime.

If we can I'd hope to see our 3 lads lined up behind Kane & Rashford (532).

Ditch Sterling and factor in Lalana where suitable.

Dele & Winks supporting from behind along with the WBs feels quite a nice balance without overcommitting.

Looks nice, but going from 2 DMs (Dier/Henderson) to none ain't happening in my lifetime.

If we can I'd hope to see our 3 lads lined up behind Kane & Rashford (532).

Ditch Sterling and factor in Lalana where suitable.

Dele & Winks supporting from behind along with the WBs feels quite a nice balance without overcommitting.

I'd like to see a team similar to the one we started with that obliterated Liverpool to be honest.

Butland
Stones - Dier - Maguire
Walker - Lallana - Winks - Dele - Rose
Rashford
Kane
Think that's got it all. The pace on the flanks. Ruthless finishing and the unpredictability and skill of Rashford in attack. Deep lying playmaker in Winks. Work rate of Dele and Lallana in midfield. The ability of Dier to push forward into midfield when Lallana/Dele move forward.

I'd like to see a team similar to the one we started with that obliterated Liverpool to be honest.

Butland
Stones - Dier - Maguire
Rashford
Kane
Think that's got it all. The pace on the flanks. Ruthless finishing and the unpredictability and skill of Rashford in attack. Deep lying playmaker in Winks. Work rate of Dele and Lallana in midfield. The ability of Dier to push forward into midfield when Lallana/Dele move forward.

Indeed a nice blend that id be happy enough to see but too brave for Garreff and the fuckwits upstairs.

Frustrating... I think the player pool is decent and improving but we won't make the best of it. Just going round in circles... As usual, not brave enough to evolve and develop a squad/system during qualification... Left it to the remaining few low-octane friendlies to declare "i want to play a back 5" and we'll arrive unprepared as always.

Butland
Stones - Dier - Maguire
Rashford
Kane
Barkley behind Kane and you're good to go

Yet another Tottenham player in the mix for captaincy. Well done Eric, should give him a huge belief in his qualities.

Still would rather him at CB but top drawer options he brings us
Thing is, him playing at centre back makes him a more aware midfielder and vice-versa. Plus it means that if a CB gets injured you have the option to bring on a different kind of midfielder and drop him back.

It's a hell of an attribute to have, not that common either. Remember when Huddlestone dropped back to CB, he never looked comfortable. Ledley could do it - played well in midfield for England, a bit less so for us - but there was never any doubt where he was strongest . With young Eric he's pretty much equally good in both positions, very few like that.

Very decent stand-in right back too, he's a managers dream

Back
Top Bottom