Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And black boots awesome grows every game .
eric_dier_image_1.jpg
He just looks like a no nonsense destroyer. No frills or fancy boots. He is a real throwback to a bygone era in terms of the "look" but my God, what a modern day skill set he possesses. He is a beast!! Love life, love Eric.

He's already just about a Champion's League quality CB or DM. At 21. And we paid £4 million for him. It's the inverse of the Gareth Bale deal. We committed highway robbery.

I'll be honest, he looks like a better DM than CB at this point and he's only about two months into this role. He's going to be absolutely immense after a season or two in that position.

Loved the interviews, showed some of the team spirit we now have in the team. What I love about Eric is he is no-nonsense, no frills but goes quietly about his business, doing a first rate job in whatever position he is put in - no complaints, just gets on with it. He has excellent skills and is a superb tackler. Sure he is still not quite the finished article but he has genuine promise and potential - just needs a little polish, which will come as he matures. And he's not scared to give his opinion!

I'm going to brag again and say that I was a huge fan of his last season. Said it time and again that he was a silent hero for us last season with a bright future.

Keeps reminding me of Roy Keane in some of the things he does.

Aggressive, simple but accurate passing, good eye for spotting danger and capable of attacking as well.

He's basically said what a lot of us FANS do.

I said it midweek when we lost to Woolwich. Beating a second string Woolwich team in the League Cup wouldn't be a statement. Beating Man City at home and especially the way we did would and it has.
completely agree mate, there weren't many others on here saying that when the team sheet came out on wed-I got destroyed for saying maybe 5/6 changes and a strong team for city and monaco.
We have to get our priorities right- the league and the europa are absolutely far and away the most important things this season as a club.

WHEN we beat the filth at the lane this season in the league nobody will even remember their reserves beating our reserves in the first round of the lge cup.
3 points today has completely obliterated everything before it this week and if we beat Monaco which I'm confident we can do, what a run we are on!

Players don't suddenly become terrible and then become good again. For years, due to bad tactics, the defenders at Spurs have looked bad, now they don't, because of Eric Dier and what he does for us. Dier starts providing the cover for the back 4 and suddenly Vertonghen starts looking world class again. The defense looks much more solid. Same happened with Vert in his first season with Sandro protecting him. Even if we had Kaboul playing for us right now, he will look decent due to what Dier is doing! Brilliant move to change his position. I hope we don't make him do a Phil Jones and stick him to this position he is clearly good at.
sorry but I dont agree with that at all, NOBODY could make Kaboul or Fazio look good-eg look at wednesday, Dier played and fazio got a fucking zero out of ten despite his protection.

I will openly admit that I am not as knowledgeable about football tactics as many posters on here. So for that reason I take great pleasure in reminding you that I started calling for Eric Dier to be moved to midfield on TFC last spring. Got a little crap from some of the football intelligensia on here. But sometimes you just gotta trust me and Poch. We got this.
:pochwtf:

I loved him from minute one as well-yes he made a couple of mistakes at rb but his passing, crossing, commitment and potential was so obvious from the west ham game!
I just applaud Poch for putting him in midfield against utd, hes been THE main reason we've picked up so many points and are unbeaten since imo.
amazing and so young, love the defensive he took in that interview as well-nobodys gonna slag us while hes about!

Only 6 months away from being linked to manure united and a 1 year away from real madrid. he is the english philip lahm.jokes aside it was a masterstroke moving him into midfield. He did make many costly errors at rightback last season but putting faith in the boy is paying big dividends

I will openly admit that I am not as knowledgeable about football tactics as many posters on here. So for that reason I take great pleasure in reminding you that I started calling for Eric Dier to be moved to midfield on TFC last spring. Got a little crap from some of the football intelligensia on here. But sometimes you just gotta trust me and Poch. We got this.
:pochwtf:
Well done. I was skeptical of the move into midfield.

Should rest him against Swansea.

Would rather he miss the Bournemouth match through suspension than the Liverpool one.

Storage seems to be back and I would love to smash them as we did Aguero and Man City. We've got beat by them for stupid reasons too many times over the past few years. Time to reverse that shit. Need to be full strength.

Alli too, I think would miss Liverpool with a yellow card against Swansea.

[QUOTE
Should rest him against Swansea.

Would rather he miss the Bournemouth match through suspension than the Liverpool one.

Storage seems to be back and I would love to smash them as we did Aguero and Man City. We've got beat by them for stupid reasons too many times over the past few years. Time to reverse that shit. Need to be full strength.

Alli too, I think would miss Liverpool with a yellow card against Swansea.

="docomospur, post: 875415, member: 637"]I now don't need to cough up for a DM :levywhoa::levylol:[/QUOTE]
Whether we need another DM now with Dier playing so well is debatable. We need 2 players in every position and we have Dier, Bentaleb, Mason, Dembele and Ali for the 2 in front of defence. Mason is more of a box to box whilst Dembele is too ponderous. Ali is better further forward but can also be a very good box to box player. Bentaleb needs to recover his form. Would still like Wanyama to come in. Dier and Wanyama....wow! I hope Levy realises that in the next window we need to add to the squad not think that we have seen Dier come through so can save the money . Use the money we would have spent and improve even further.

Back
Top Bottom