Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not attacking you personally, but why is it ONLY NOW we are clamouring for Kim MJ or Kvaradona? It’s not based in a realistic assessment of our standing in the footy world order

I’d argue that Napoli are at worse a club of equal standing to Spurs, probably bigger. We have the “premier league, London and a modern stadium/training ground”.

Napoli players now are immortalised, are still a relatively young team and have not juice left in their cycle for domestic and European places. Their best players aren’t going anywhere but the very best clubs now.

I’ve said it time and again, we need to be Competing with the likes of Dortmund, Napoli and Atletico Madrid for certain players, we can’t wait for them to “prove” themselves there, by then it’s already too late!
Well, he was linked with us before many times and we have the Son and the Korean market as of now.

He is only worth about 40m to 50m because of the release clause. Might as well try then sulking how bad we are right now.

They have. Just found creative ways to hide the cost of transfers. Nobody in their right mind believes Haaland was a 50m purchase
Wasn’t Haaland’s transfer price the buyout clause?
Yeah which miraculously went down after signing a contract extension the year before.
Also, by pure coincidence the agent fees and sign on fees for Haaland were something like 50m each

Haaland & his agents had BVB over a barrel from day 1.... Whoever signed him from RB had to just pucker up(*) cos he was already a blatant star in waiting....... (*and accept being a stepping stone with a virtually guaranteed goal tally and a modest profit on the fee paid - good deal none-the-less)

Haaland's camp held all the cards and thus kept the trf fee low with clauses; ensuring his next club (i.e. City) would get him cheap but be compelled to pay him massive wages.

Last edited:
Well, he was linked with us before many times and we have the Son and the Korean market as of now.

He is only worth about 40m to 50m because of the release clause. Might as well try then sulking how bad we are right now.
We were first linked to Min Jae before he even went to Fenerbache, in the summer of 2021, likewise Kvaradona.

The general attitude of the Spurs fans that I observed was to dismiss them at the time.

Haaland & his agents had BVB over a barrel from day 1.... Whoever signed him from RB had to just pucker up(*) cos he was already a blatant star in waiting....... (*and accept being a stepping stone with a virtually guaranteed goal tally and a modest profit on the fee paid - good deal none-the-less) cos he was already a blatant star in waiting......

Haaland's camp held all the cards and thus kept the trf fee low with clauses; ensuring his next club (i.e. City) would get him cheap but be compelled to pay him massive wages.
Great post 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom