Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good chance there could be legs in this.

Mourinho is known to have a very good relationship with Dier, and as awful as he is he may actually do okay in Serie A, particularly in Mourinho’s Haramball tactics where he could put Dier in the middle of the back 3, where he is best suited and best protected.

The hardest part here for Mourinho will surely be convincing the Roma bosses to do it.

I doubt Juve will move in January. They’re far more likely to sign him on a pre-contract and wait for free agency. Would love the Roma rumors to be true but, obviously, we’d have to buy in order to sell.
I just don’t see this happening.
With Juves financial issues they won’t be paying for anything they could get for free for a long time.

Dier's agent and Havertz' PR team. If you had both you are as good as it gets in football.

In all seriousness, Dier is better than we think and we think he's worse than he is because he's been here so long and the mistakes overly cloud the good performances. It's also a prem thing. The speed of decisions and the fitness required to make those decisions for 95-100 minutes is what is you need to be a good Prem player. You don't need either to be a good player in other leagues.

Then there is the price. He's final year of his contract so almost free. If it was 20m required, the list of clubs is much MUCH shorter.

I believe it would be enough as well.
Dier's agent and Havertz' PR team. If you had both you are as good as it gets in football.

In all seriousness, Dier is better than we think and we think he's worse than he is because he's been here so long and the mistakes overly cloud the good performances. It's also a prem thing. The speed of decisions and the fitness required to make those decisions for 95-100 minutes is what is you need to be a good Prem player. You don't need either to be a good player in other leagues.

Then there is the price. He's final year of his contract so almost free. If it was 20m required, the list of clubs is much MUCH shorter.
He's had one good performance this season, and one shite performance.

Tbf, we are judging him by the standards of the Prem, which is how we should judge him. It's the level he's notionally operating at, and is paid to operate at.

I've long thought he'd do very well for Rangers or Celtic. He'd earn max 1/3 of what he gets now. tbf, if can he swing Juve, Roma or Lisbon he'll have done very well for himself.

high earning career for a mediocre player.

Back
Top Bottom