Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yup, always liked him but his performance against Chelsea took him to another level for me. He went after Fabregas and Hazard like one of us would after what those twats had said.

My new favourite player; I believe we can build a team of joy and beauty around his dark avenging menace, in a similar mould as Keane at Utd.

Gareth Southgate said he understood Dier's decision and didn't hold it against him. He's played for the U21's since, ultimately Woy has felt he isn't needed yet for the first team.

I think Alli is only being called up as the latest England hope, a bit like Kanes call up last year.

Dier will definitely be going to the Euros, he's pretty much turning into the perfect squad player - potentially first choice defensive midfielder who can put in a shift at right back or centre back.
Called it :dierno:

Admittedly didn't expect him to be the first choice (or only choice) holding midfielder, or Alli's rise but hopefully Rashford will take the pressure of 'young English player who has some potential and we put all our hope on' and not on Alli

I love this guy. For Spurs and England. Total hero and such an understated, humble and down to earth human being too. Future captain?

It was a fantastic performance all round from him. Covered every blade of grass, first instinct with the ball was to pass forwards and not try and keep it simple with sideways or backwards passing. Always a threat from set pieces and has shown then he goes and pulls out a free kick which was worthy of winning the game. Just a shame it didn't end up being the winner.

The guy has made himself an important player for both club and country in the space of a year and that goes down to him wanting to be the best he can be and working hard on his game. What a player.

I was laughing when Dier kept lining up next to Rooney on FK's, b/c he's never even been involved on our FK's so when he smashed it, I was stunned.

Good on him.

Some idiot at the airport said that the goal attendant (!?!?!?) was at fault for the goal, I restrained myself from telling him that he was talking out of his bottom orifice!

I love Eric Dier, and hope that Eric Dier reciprocates. Although I love Hugo too, I would give Eric the armband now - it never did Mr P any harm to be skipper at a young age.

Some idiot at the airport said that the goal attendant (!?!?!?) was at fault for the goal, I restrained myself from telling him that he was talking out of his bottom orifice!

I love Eric Dier, and hope that Eric Dier reciprocates. Although I love Hugo too, I would give Eric the armband now - it never did Mr P any harm to be skipper at a young age.
Of all the outfield players (and it'd be great to have one as captain), it's gotta be between him and Kane.

And if we bring in the striking reinforcements that we should this summer, I can see Dier getting more league minutes than Kane...

Back
Top Bottom