Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Danny Rose had more of a case because at least the defence Jose was picking without him was still leaky, and he was right to point that out. Mourinho could barely look him in the eye because he knew Rose was speaking the truth.

I’d love Ange to read out to Dier the following:

We’ve had 2 clean sheets and conceded 5 in 5 this season.

The last time Dier started and we kept a clean sheet was February 26th (2-0 vs Chelsea).

His last 8 starts we conceded 21 goals.

All whilst him being the so-called “leader” of the back line.

If he can’t accept this, then he is a truly delusional individual devoid of any form of self awareness and self reflection.
Quite

I don't think that he wants to leave London. He and his wife both have businesses based in London.
The fact he already has businesses set up tells me he's looking at life beyond football...
I still think he'll go into coaching, but it sounds like he is pursuing other avenues once he hangs up his boots...
Despite what some think about his footballing 'abilities' he's a bright lad, and probably has a plan set in place that doesn't involve football...
If the next 6 month's wages pay for his immediate future without him having to kick a ball, then why not?
After all, he didn't make him the offer .... Levy did presumably!

Danny Rose had more of a case because at least the defence Jose was picking without him was still leaky, and he was right to point that out. Mourinho could barely look him in the eye because he knew Rose was speaking the truth.

I’d love Ange to read out to Dier the following:

We’ve had 2 clean sheets and conceded 5 in 5 this season.

The last time Dier started and we kept a clean sheet was February 26th (2-0 vs Chelsea).

His last 8 starts we conceded 21 goals.

All whilst him being the so-called “leader” of the back line.

If he can’t accept this, then he is a truly delusional individual devoid of any form of self awareness and self reflection.

I think the fact that Dier last 8 starts we conceded 21 goals is enough proof in the pudding why this shocking excuse of a defender has been frozen out. Ange could see it clearly v Barcelona pre season. I don’t want Dier anywhere near this team. He’s a liability.

Just to compound the 21/8 stat - that was in a back 3 plus defending wings backs plus a style suited to sitting back.

Imagine this utter fraud backing off in a team that' under orders to attack in numbers

Last edited:
The fact he already has businesses set up tells me he's looking at life beyond football...
I still think he'll go into coaching, but it sounds like he is pursuing other avenues once he hangs up his boots...
Despite what some think about his footballing 'abilities' he's a bright lad, and probably has a plan set in place that doesn't involve football...
If the next 6 month's wages pay for his immediate future without him having to kick a ball, then why not?
Being able to speak other languages doesn't mean he's especially bright.
It takes no more intelligence to learn another language than learning to cook or be a mechanic. There's mechanics out there than can build an engine without instructions, but can't spell engine.

What the future holds?
That can't be serious. He isn't in the squad and has a year left on his contract. What exactly does he think the future holds other than being sold in January or released in June.
Probably trying to get his contract terminated at full pay

Being able to speak other languages doesn't mean he's especially bright.
It takes no more intelligence to learn another language than learning to cook or be a mechanic. There's mechanics out there than can build an engine without instructions, but can't spell engine.
I heard his spalling is appealing!

if Ndombele has a "plan set that doesn't involve football" and decided to reject moves and sit out the year would you also think "why not"?
somehow I think not.

if Ndombele has a "plan set that doesn't involve football" and decided to reject moves and sit out the year would you also think "why not"?
somehow I think not.
I don't think Ndombele has justified that choice...

At least Dier put a shift in for a FEW consecutive seasons...

Plus, Dier strikes me as an infinitely more likeable, decent person than Tanguay....

somehow I think not.
The double standards are crazy 😂

And I’m really not trying to hear “but Dier was good once!” Because in N’Dombele’s time at the club and once thrust into a role with more responsibility after the Belgian trio declined/left, he has been generally appalling.

Dier is trading off goodwill earned in the times of David Cameron and Theresa May.

2 apps. Both times the game was already won.
20mins v Iran to rest Maguire when we were already 5-1 up.
14mins v Senegal > Scoreline was already 3-0.

I've got no time for un-necessarily hating on Dier, but you are ridiculous. You said a week or two again that he was the 2nd fasted player in the squad and then posted a link to 2015 for proof.

🤡🤡🤡🤡
The hate and vitriol directed at players who play in the lilywhite really says a lot more about the individual rather than the intended target and should probably be reserved for uttering by rival fans rather than the people who purport to support them.

I'm no prude and make no excuses for using colourful language (feckin waste of space etc) during a vent but draw the line when it comes to booing or abusing one our players while they're still with us.

These views are subjective and based on the unqualified opinion of us as spectators and not meant to carry any weight of expertise other than a barometer of a viewers satisfaction rating.

Players like Dier, Sanchez are all masters of their own destiny and are solely responsible for the situation in which they now find themselves. Sanchez because despite his undeniable effort is a disaster that continues to happen, Ndombele because he lazy, disinterested or both and Dier who is a combination of all said attributes.

All three appear to be decent human beings and I wish them all well for the future, that doesn't however prevent me for being glad to see the back of all 3.

So your saying he does know he’s not good enough and will now hang around to rinse out his contract maximise his earnings and bolster his business start ups

oh the romance of football. As a spurs fan that’s just what I want to hear

I don't think Ndombele has justified that choice...

At least Dier put a shift in for a FEW consecutive seasons...

Plus, Dier strikes me as an infinitely more likeable, decent person than Tanguay....
"justified the choice"

wow ummm yeh ok mate its perfectly ok that he's decided to not play football anymore and pick up 80k a week. I mean he can screw us but he comes across "more likeable" so he'll screw us with a smile.

Calling BS on this one.

He was told by Ange exactly what his position in the squad was and told to find a new club before the end of the TW
I think the Ange quote “change has to mean change” is the most telling…it almost doesn’t matter how well they play, anyone left from the Poch era is going to be moved except Sonny.

Back
Top Bottom