Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I were a player that was considering coming to a club, I’d take a bit of time to peruse the forums of that club. Do my due diligence.

If I came on here and saw the hate one of our own players was getting, for saying he wants to stay here and fight for his place (even if you think that’s untrue), I’d not come within fifty miles of the club.

He’s not good enough now. Hasn’t been for a while. Maybe he’s been told what he needs to improve and is working on it. Some of the comments on here are awful.
Do you honestly think that it’s not the same at every club? Full spectrum within every fanbase surely.

Do you honestly think that it’s not the same at every club? Full spectrum within every fanbase surely.
It’s possible. I’d not know as I’m not on other forums. And if that were the case, I’d probably decide to retire and not play for anyone.

And I suppose everyone is entitled to their views. I just think it’s a fucking disgrace how some are talking about one of our own players.

It’s possible. I’d not know as I’m not on other forums. And if that were the case, I’d probably decide to retire and not play for anyone.

And I suppose everyone is entitled to their views. I just think it’s a fucking disgrace how some are talking about one of our own players.
Agreed. Sadly I think that’s the reality of today. Respect and closeness between players, management and fans is at an all time low.

If I were a player that was considering coming to a club, I’d take a bit of time to peruse the forums of that club. Do my due diligence.

If I came on here and saw the hate one of our own players was getting, for saying he wants to stay here and fight for his place (even if you think that’s untrue), I’d not come within fifty miles of the club.

He’s not good enough now. Hasn’t been for a while. Maybe he’s been told what he needs to improve and is working on it. Some of the comments on here are awful.
That would be so so so good. Imagine some shit chancer(like Dier) sees how shit players get abused , they might get scared and stay away. We would filter out a lot of shit players and mistakes by our scouts.

WIN FORUM!!! Continue being great everyone!!!

youtube name GIF

The funny thing is, Lloris, PEH, Dier & Richie are probably our weakest (or worst for want of a better word) 1st team squad players right now... and will no doubt feature less and less - if at all - as the season goes on...

...yet all 4 would walk into most mid/lower PL teams!

That's saying SOMETHING isn't it?

Blimey, you really despise him, doncha??

He was a really good player for us for SEVERAL YEARS... Maybe not the best we've ever had, obviously, and not for an entire decade, granted....
...but he was part of that Poch team that gave me -at least - some of the most memorable moments in my modern Spurs supporting life...

A damn sight better than the shit we were being served up in the mid-'90s, that's for sure!

I'm not saying he's an all time legend, but fucking hell, give the guy a break for the few seasons he DID serve us well!!

...and let's not forget his friendship with Dele probably brought out the best in both of them...

Neither were quite the same player once Dele left... that can't be underestimated....

His form dipped... That's football... doesn't make me suddenly hate the guy!

Ndombele on the other hand ALSO scored on his debut (as did Dier) but that was pretty much as good as it got with him!

They're two very different people.... and given the choice, I know who I'd prefer in the team!
Eric Dier absolutely was NOT a very good player for us for any period of time, let alone a few years.
He's always been exactly the same player. Just managed to hide his flaws better in a higher quality team. To that regard, it's not really his fault the quality around him declined, but it is his fault he never improved.
Exactly the same occurred with Winks. He was never as good as people thought, you just didn't notice when we won more than we lost.

The funny thing is, Lloris, PEH, Dier & Richie are probably our weakest (or worst for want of a better word) 1st team squad players right now... and will no doubt feature less and less - if at all - as the season goes on...

No they wouldn’t - Richy maybe. Lloris was the worst keeper in the league last tear

Just the hypocrisy of football fans. And being a football fan.

Will never change.

A man who has played at the upper reaches of club and international football but according to a load of no mark amateur footballers is shit.

Everyone’s welcome to their opinion. My opinion is we have a load of morons as supporters.

Being able to speak other languages doesn't mean he's especially bright.
It takes no more intelligence to learn another language than learning to cook or be a mechanic. There's mechanics out there than can build an engine without instructions, but can't spell engine.
I bet they can spell INGINE!

Just the hypocrisy of football fans. And being a football fan.

Will never change.

A man who has played at the upper reaches of club and international football but according to a load of no mark amateur footballers is shit.

Everyone’s welcome to their opinion. My opinion is we have a load of morons as supporters.

Dier started off ok, and he worked well in Poch's system initially , then got shit for quite a while, then looked better in a team with 3 CBs....but then got found out again in recent times, making error after error. I'm happy not to have him in the side now as he is simply not up to the standard we require.

However, nothing can ever take away from him giving me one of the best away game celebrations I've ever had, and for that I will forever thank him.
Upton Park, August 2014, around the 95th minute. Absolute scenes. Limbs everywhere.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTOQnDSAf1o

Last edited:
Dier started off ok, and he worked well in Poch's system initially , then got shit for quite a while, then looked better in a team with CBs....but then got found out again in recent times, making error after error. I'm happy not to have him in the side now as he is simply not up to the standard we require.

However, nothing can ever take away from him giving me one of the best away game celebrations I've ever had, and for that I will forever thank him.
Upton Park, August 2014, around the 95th minute. Absolute scenes. Limbs everywhere.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTOQnDSAf1o

Measured and fair. Has been good at times in the past. Not good enough anymore. Should probably leave, but still under contract. Seems like he wants to improve and be part of things again.

Not a cunt. Not a parasite. Just a guy who is struggling to come to terms with not being number one on the team sheet.

PEH and Rich could but Lloris is finished. Dier is borderline.

Back
Top Bottom