Eric Ten Hag - What's Your View ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know. It was a joke mate. Expecting our new manager to have a pulse.

:pochunimpressed:
Well aren't I a dickhead.

beale.png

Ten Hag seems like an honourable sensible loyal bloke. He will look at Spurs and just see a shitshow and think I don't want any of that. Plus I'm sure he is planning for next season with Ajax, if we had wanted him the deal should have been done weeks ago out of respect to him and Ajax. Not happening imo.

Excellent coach who plays great football with young players and the tools he's been given, but I still think he wants to go to Germany (in particular, the top job at Bayern) and will judge Spurs as too risky for his career if that's his ultimate aim. He'd be leaving a very good setup to one that has an entirely new DOF and terrible morale around the place, not to mention a very, very difficult challenge to get into the top four on a very-not-top-four budget.

Btw I think he was Bayern's backup choice after Nagelsmann, which certainly vouches for how he's legit seen as really good (remember they're familiar with him from Bayern II too, so it's not just rep) and shouldn't be lumped in with the likes of Martinez and Howe for the "tier of crap under Conte". I remember back in 2019 too there was some buzz about him going to Bayern. He'd be the best fit for us imo IF he were willing to come, though I don't know if he is really the kind of personality who wants to oversee a complete overhaul of methodology here vs someone who just thinks of himself as a temporary coach here (until Bayern finally give him a call). But the only person I can think of who might want to stamp a legacy here is Poch, and I still think it's way too early for him to return.

If he really does want to go to Bayern then Spurs could be a very good stepping stone on the way.

Shake off the "only done it in a two horse league" tag, prove himself at a higher level.

By the time Nagelsmann is done at Bayern he could have had a few years here to prove himself.

Not sure he'll be too happy being the 3rd choice.
Really depends on ego.

Regardless of the current circus at the club, we are still a massive opportunity - espcially for a coach like Ten Hag looking to build on his reputation.

Once a manager has the job he has the job, and gets on with it - not sure how he got matters so much as that point.

If he really does want to go to Bayern then Spurs could be a very good stepping stone on the way.

Shake off the "only done it in a two horse league" tag, prove himself at a higher level.

By the time Nagelsmann is done at Bayern he could have had a few years here to prove himself.
What’s he going to prove in a few years with this absolute clusterfuck? Chances are he will finish outside the top 6 and be sacked within the season

What’s he going to prove in a few years with this absolute clusterfuck? Chances are he will finish outside the top 6 and be sacked within the season
Aside from the obvious circus at the moment, this is still a massive club with a decent quality squad and some genuine class in a few positions - a coach like Ten Hag could have this team purring very quickly, IMO.

And all the more good PR for him if he did...

Aside from the obvious circus at the moment, this is still a massive club with a decent quality squad and some genuine class in a few positions - a coach like Ten Hag could have this team purring very quickly, IMO.

And all the more good PR for him if he did...
Delusional - after watching this side huff and puff for two years, I honestly think achievement next season is a top half finish

Back
Top Bottom