Erling Braut Haaland - The future of football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FeEyBG7WAAAnUSt
Bit scary when you look at that !

Erling Haaland picks up the referee's spray canister's spray canister
Erling Haaland picks up the referee's spray canister
He then throws it back to him before charging into the box to join the attack

He then throws it back to him before charging into the box to join the attack
And eagled-eyed fans were quick to pick up on his ref spray antics.

"He's doing side quests now," quipped one fan.

"Football is too easy for him," said a second user online.

Another said: "He's taking the mick now..."
One City fan said: "Biggest forward I (have) ever seen. Doing (side) quest, make a score and good person. We are so lucky, cause he's playing in our team. "

Meanwhile, a rival fan said: "I actually hate the fact that I can’t hate this man."

Football is so easy for this guy, he's resorted to doing side quests

ERL WITH THE PEARL EARRING

Erling Haaland fan immortalises Man City striker in famous masterpieces and iconic film scenes​

• Published: 21:00, 21 Apr 2023
  • Updated: 21:38, 21 Apr 2023
ERLING Haaland’s masterpiece goals inspired an artist to immortalise him in scores of classic images.
Self-taught Rory O’Keefe even portrayed the Manchester City striker as Johannes Vermeer’s famous Girl With A Pearl Earring.
Erling Haaland as Johannes Vermeer’s famous Girl With A Pearl Earring
Erling Haaland as Johannes Vermeer’s famous Girl With A Pearl EarringCredit: Deadline
The striker is painted like Vincent van Gogh
The striker is painted like Vincent van GoghCredit: © RoryPaints - http://www.redbubble.com/people/RoryPaint
Haaland in the style of Jack & Rose from the movie Titanic
Haaland in the style of Jack & Rose from the movie TitanicCredit: Deadline
The City ace in the Obama-style poster
The City ace in the Obama-style posterCredit: Deadline
Others are in the style of Van Gogh, Barack Obama’s Hope campaign poster and a church stained-glass window.
The record-breaking Norwegian, 22, is also shown as both Jack and Rose in the bow scene from Titanic.
Rory, from Cardiff, said: “Erling Haaland is my muse. I’ve painted him over 100 times in many different ways.”
Asked why pick him, he added: “Why does anyone paint anything?

"Why did Monet paint water lilies? Why did da Vinci paint the Mona Lisa? Why did cavemen paint animals with faeces in caves?”

He added the works were not for sale.

Refusing to give more details, he said: “My reasons will remain a mystery”.

Haaland, 22, has so far scored 48 goals in his first Premier League season.

Haaland as master complete with hounds
Haaland as master complete with houndsCredit: Deadline
The footie player as the iconic cherub
The footie player as the iconic cherubCredit: © RoryPaints - http://www.redbubble.com/people/RoryPaint
Haaland is painted in a church stained-glass window
Haaland is painted in a church stained-glass windowCredit: © RoryPaints - http://www.redbubble.com/people/RoryPaint
Haaland in the style of a religious painting
Haaland in the style of a religious paintingCredit: Deadline
Haaland has so far scored 48 goals in his first Premier League season
Haaland has so far scored 48 goals in his first Premier League seasonCredit: Getty
Rory O’Keefe said: 'Erling Haaland is my muse. I’ve painted him over 100 times in many different ways'
Rory O’Keefe said: 'Erling Haaland is my muse. I’ve painted him over 100 times in many different ways'

How many goals per season would Kane score for City? Haaland should be fined a weeks wages for his performance today. He has one job, and his team mates made it almost impossible to not do it twice today and both times he shit the bed. He should've had that game out of sight for City, but fortunately for us it appears he's not the messiah.

How many goals per season would Kane score for City? Haaland should be fined a weeks wages for his performance today. He has one job, and his team mates made it almost impossible to not do it twice today and both times he shit the bed. He should've had that game out of sight for City, but fortunately for us it appears he's not the messiah.
I prefer to credit our team with a good performance instead of saying we only got a point because Haaland didn't turn up. We earned that point fair and square and our players worked insanely hard to make it happen.

Bring on the Hammers.

He's incredible.
That was my assessment when I saw him against West Ham yesterday. Very good off the ball and getting himself involved in the game but unlike Harry he's a lot more direct in his play. Erling isn't trying to be a number 10, he's saying "Here I am! Give me the ball so I can go downfield and score again!".

We can't deny that Man City will be much harder to beat with him in their team. Difficult but not impossible - our defenders will have their work cut out to anticipate his runs.

Back
Top Bottom