Erling Braut Haaland - The future of football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Transferred to Dortmund for 18m. Scored 5 in 2 games from the subs bench.

Shows how stupid man united are. They could have signed him, except they didnt like his 51m buyout clause. They could have had a top striker for 2 or 3 years whilst they rebuild.

Too much pride.
I'm pretty sure they couldn't sign him and that was a story to appease their fans.

He has made the right choices on his career over prestige at every stage, dortmunf fits in with that Oles United does not.

Top striker? You've watched a lot of this player? I would hazard a guess the answer is no...

BTW, he's a staunch Leeds fan, so I doubt he'd play for Utd.
LOL

Carragher, Gerrard and Owen grew up Everton. Bergkamp grew up Spurs. Huddlestone supported Chelsea. Isco is a Barcelona fan. Raul is Atletico. Lallana is Everton. Aurier is Woolwich.

History is riddled with players playing for the rival of the team they support.

There is a saying. If you sit around waiting you get old. I have known about this player potential for years. So has alot of other people. So again, the Tottenham scouts must have been busy doing something else.
Everyone knows his potential, he has been talked about highly for a year or more.

He has a plan, we are not in it.

I reckon our usual style will work on him. Have Benta/Romero anticipate the pass to him and cut off the supply.

The rest sit back and crowd him out if he does get the ball. Him coughing up the ball could be a a good way to trigger counter attacks.

It is insane how well he has started.

I'm sure that it helps playing for City, who look like they're going to win the league by 20 points this season.

It's alright for some.

Both Real M. & PSG tried to get him - and both could offer him more than the £450,000 he's earning at Man City. (particularly PSG). But, no, I don't feel pity for him for accepting a slightly lower salary to join Man City :cool: He may gain that "loss" back due to the market value of the EPL being more lucrative anyway.
He does seem genuinely attracted to City due to his father's association with them.

MV5BZjI3NzE1MmItNGQ2Yi00MmNiLThhYjYtZmMyYzgxZWNhMWEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjc5MjcyMzU@._V1_.jpg
Appalling hair

I don’t understand all the abuse this lad gets. It just stinks of jealousy/bitterness.

He’s a phenomenal talent with an outstanding record/scoring rate.

He’s 6’5”, strong, holds play up very well and has a lot of pace. He’s a quality finisher with both of his feet and head. His game awareness is phenomenal. The list goes on and on.

It’s cringey how people feel the need to bring him down because of his looks, or try and discredit him for playing for City. He can’t exactly help how he looks can he? Just as none of us can.

The lad is genuinely world class. Why can’t people just appreciate a talent when they see one. We say this about Kane all the time and get fucked off when we hear people mocking him, which they always do. Whether it be because of his looks, his hair, his lisp or they’ll try to claim that he’s overrated.

Yet people on here are doing exactly the same thing about someone else? Embarrassing tbh.
He's clearly a brilliant player. I just can't stand that these lottery winning wankers add the best young super star to a team that are the reigning champions of England. They really make me sick and I am bitter about it. Fuck 'em.

I don’t understand all the abuse this lad gets. It just stinks of jealousy/bitterness.

He’s a phenomenal talent with an outstanding record/scoring rate.

He’s 6’5”, strong, holds play up very well and has a lot of pace. He’s a quality finisher with both of his feet and head. His game awareness is phenomenal. The list goes on and on.

It’s cringey how people feel the need to bring him down because of his looks, or try and discredit him for playing for City. He can’t exactly help how he looks can he? Just as none of us can.

The lad is genuinely world class. Why can’t people just appreciate a talent when they see one. We say this about Kane all the time and get fucked off when we hear people mocking him, which they always do. Whether it be because of his looks, his hair, his lisp or they’ll try to claim that he’s overrated.

Yet people on here are doing exactly the same thing about someone else? Embarrassing tbh.
I don't dislike the guy, I think he's a brilliant player.

Its just the fact he plays for Man City, I get tired of hearing all this 'bargain buy' etc etc. City have hardly unearthed a gem in the lower leagues or he's been through the youth academy.

They took the piss with Kane last summer by trying to unsettle him with pathetic bids.

There whole club nowadays is based on money and fakeness, I have no time for them.

My criticism is him playing for Man City, not of him personally.

One thing the guy doesn't have is any loyalty so I'm sure at the first opportunity when he's bored of playing fantasy football for City he'll be off to Real Madrid.

Ugly play doh faced cunt. That’s about all I can think of to criticise. He’s a fucking monster. Hope he fucks off abroad soon because these cunts are just going to rip through teams with this freak banging them in for fun.

He has a buyout clause of 200m EUR in 2024 for Barca and Real.

Erling Haaland picks up the referee's spray canister
Erling Haaland picks up the referee's spray canister
He then throws it back to him before charging into the box to join the attack

He then throws it back to him before charging into the box to join the attack
And eagled-eyed fans were quick to pick up on his ref spray antics.

"He's doing side quests now," quipped one fan.

"Football is too easy for him," said a second user online.

Another said: "He's taking the mick now..."
One City fan said: "Biggest forward I (have) ever seen. Doing (side) quest, make a score and good person. We are so lucky, cause he's playing in our team. "

Meanwhile, a rival fan said: "I actually hate the fact that I can’t hate this man."

Back
Top Bottom