Erling Braut Haaland - The future of football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fascinating that Haaland is seen to be a 'bargain' for £50m which to a certain extent is true but isn't his wages like 500k a week. Is it any wonder that not another club had a chance so I wouldn't really call it a bargain.
And the agent's fee on top of that!
We will never have a chance to compete on a level playing field while ill-gotten gains are allowed to purchase and run football clubs.

Fascinating that Haaland is seen to be a 'bargain' for £50m which to a certain extent is true but isn't his wages like 500k a week. Is it any wonder that not another club had a chance so I wouldn't really call it a bargain.
Both Real M. & PSG tried to get him - and both could offer him more than the £450,000 he's earning at Man City. (particularly PSG). But, no, I don't feel pity for him for accepting a slightly lower salary to join Man City :cool: He may gain that "loss" back due to the market value of the EPL being more lucrative anyway.

Come 2025 when another release clause is available to other teams (£150m) and he's won the EPL a few times he'll be off to Madrid.

At least, that's my reckoning.

30+ goals in the Prem this year is really not out of the equation.

Could he beat Clive Allen's 49?

He won't be at the World Cup so essentially a 4 week break to recoup a very packed schedule.

Both Real M. & PSG tried to get him - and both could offer him more than the £450,000 he's earning at Man City. (particularly PSG). But, no, I don't feel pity for him for accepting a slightly lower salary to join Man City :cool: He may gain that "loss" back due to the market value of the EPL being more lucrative anyway.
He does seem genuinely attracted to City due to his father's association with them.

Come 2025 when another release clause is available to other teams (£150m) and he's won the EPL a few times he'll be off to Madrid.

At least, that's my reckoning.

30+ goals in the Prem this year is really not out of the equation.

Could he beat Clive Allen's 49?

He won't be at the World Cup so essentially a 4 week break to recoup a very packed schedule.
Barring an injury, I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t reach 30. He has 9 in 5. He only needs 21 in 33.

Getting 40 might be the more realistic benchmark.

I wonder if he would have been genuinely attracted to them if they were still in League 1, offering minimum wage and a couple of tins of Asda essential vegetable soup thrown in as a signing bonus 🤔
To be more not many would be attracted to us either if we offered them that, except maybe Winks.

MV5BZjI3NzE1MmItNGQ2Yi00MmNiLThhYjYtZmMyYzgxZWNhMWEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjc5MjcyMzU@._V1_.jpg
Appalling hair

He's not staying long enough to break records IMO.

Easier done when you're playing in a financially doped club like City and to a lesser extent Newcastle/Blackburn were when Shearer was banging them in tbh.

Put Kane in a better side and he scores at least 10 more goals per season than here.

Shouldn't even be so fucking good at passing it, ever time he pings one you wish he was on the end of it himself.

I don’t understand all the abuse this lad gets. It just stinks of jealousy/bitterness.

He’s a phenomenal talent with an outstanding record/scoring rate.

He’s 6’5”, strong, holds play up very well and has a lot of pace. He’s a quality finisher with both of his feet and head. His game awareness is phenomenal. The list goes on and on.

It’s cringey how people feel the need to bring him down because of his looks, or try and discredit him for playing for City. He can’t exactly help how he looks can he? Just as none of us can.

The lad is genuinely world class. Why can’t people just appreciate a talent when they see one. We say this about Kane all the time and get fucked off when we hear people mocking him, which they always do. Whether it be because of his looks, his hair, his lisp or they’ll try to claim that he’s overrated.

Yet people on here are doing exactly the same thing about someone else? Embarrassing tbh.

I don’t understand all the abuse this lad gets. It just stinks of jealousy/bitterness.

He’s 6’5”, strong, holds play up very well and has a lot of pace. He’s a quality finisher with both of his feet and head. His game awareness is phenomenal. The list goes on and on.

It’s cringey how people feel the need to bring him down because of his looks, or try and discredit him for playing for City. He can’t exactly help how he looks can he? Just as none of us can.

The lad is genuinely world class. Why can’t people just appreciate a talent when they see one. We say this about Kane all the time and get fucked off when we hear people mocking him, which they always do. Whether it be because of his looks, his hair, his lisp or they’ll try to claim that he’s overrated.

Yet people on here are doing exactly the same thing about someone else? Embarrassing tbh.
He's clearly a brilliant player. I just can't stand that these lottery winning wankers add the best young super star to a team that are the reigning champions of England. They really make me sick and I am bitter about it. Fuck 'em.

I don't dislike the guy, I think he's a brilliant player.

Its just the fact he plays for Man City, I get tired of hearing all this 'bargain buy' etc etc. City have hardly unearthed a gem in the lower leagues or he's been through the youth academy.

They took the piss with Kane last summer by trying to unsettle him with pathetic bids.

There whole club nowadays is based on money and fakeness, I have no time for them.

My criticism is him playing for Man City, not of him personally.

One thing the guy doesn't have is any loyalty so I'm sure at the first opportunity when he's bored of playing fantasy football for City he'll be off to Real Madrid.

Yeh but can he do it on a cold Tuesday night in Stoke?

Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

Back
Top Bottom