Euro 2020 tickets

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Euro 2020 ticket lottery applications began today. I've got a question which may affect my ticket buying strategy.

I've read that the host countries, if they qualify, are guaranteed to play at least 2 of their group stage matches at home. I've also read that if both host countries in a group qualify, they'll flip a coin to see which teams gets to play the match between them at home. Here's my question:

Is the plan here for a host country to play ALL THREE of its group stage matches at home IF POSSIBLE? Or is the plan for them to probably just play 2 home matches no matter what?

Example 1: Let's say Russia and Denmark qualify for the tourney and are both in Group B as host countries. They flip a coin and Russia wins to host the game between them. Does Russia now play ALL THREE of their home games in St Petersburg while Denmark plays 2 home games in Copenhagen and the 3rd game (against Russia) in St Petes? Or would Russia play Denmark and one other team in the group in St Petes and it's 3rd game in Copenhagen?

Example 2: Let's say Italy qualifies for the tourney but Azerbaijan doesn't for Group A. Does Italy then automatically play all 3 of their home matches in Rome? Or just 2 and 1 match would be in Baku?

Or do we even know?

Thanks to Garth's inept and laid back attitude re selection against Holland the other day we now have to qualify. I'm not confident that we will be there as playing for England today is nothing but a sideline hobby for these multi millionaire boys' I really just cant get a hard on for international football anymore; I actually called it a day after our WC exit of 1998.

if I won a ticket or was gifted a ticket I'd be flogging it on Ebay!

Last edited:
Thanks to Garth's inept and laid back attitude re selection against Holland the other day we now have to qualify. I'm not confident that we will be there as playing for England today is nothing but a sideline hobby for these multi millionaire boys' I really just cant get a hard on for international football anymore; I actually called it a day after our WC exit of 1998.

if I wont a ticket or was gifted a ticket I'd be flogging it on Ebay!

Our qualifying record is outstanding and our group is piss easy. We've only played 2 games and we're top, despite everyone else already having played either 3 or 4 games.

But I guess we could just ignore the facts and be a cunt.

Thanks to Garth's inept and laid back attitude re selection against Holland the other day we now have to qualify. I'm not confident that we will be there as playing for England today is nothing but a sideline hobby for these multi millionaire boys'
when was the last time we lost a qualifying match - you do yourself no favours with shit like this

Good shout that the ballot process starts today - I had completely forgotten!

I've applied for every game in London as well as the opening game in Rome and a Saturday game in Bilbao.

Figured I might as well make a weekend trip out of those group games if I get tickets, and I've always watched the Euros from back in Aus at awful times early in the morning, so can't wait to get to a couple of games live.

Our qualifying record is outstanding and our group is piss easy. We've only played 2 games and we're top, despite everyone else already having played either 3 or 4 games.

But I guess we could just ignore the facts and be a cunt.

There’s being in it and there’s being in it.
For a few weeks last summer I almost got the fire back in my belly for the national side. I knew it wouldn’t last and it didn’t.
A free kick and early goal against Croatia 🇭🇷 in the most important match since 1966 the semis and all the effort of the sports psychologists is totally ignored.

The way those lads celebrated that goal was akin to us having won the competition only what five minutes in? The writing was on the wall -I knew it - the fire in my belly was extinguished-immediately

when was the last time we lost a qualifying match - you do yourself no favours with shit like this

Who’s looking for favours? I’m posting an opinion ; if you don’t agree you don’t agree . To answer your question though - last week we lost to Holland!

Who’s looking for favours? I’m posting an opinion ; if you don’t agree you don’t agree . To answer your question though - last week we lost to Holland!
everyones entitled to an opinion -bearing in mind that we have not lost a qualifier for 38 + games makes yours look like junk. If you knew we had that record and still had the opinion then its junk - if you didn't know and you didn't find out before posting you do yourself no favours and its junk.

or do you think "playing for England today is nothing but a sideline hobby for these multi millionaire boys' has only become a problem since the WC?

everyones entitled to an opinion -bearing in mind that we have not lost a qualifier for 38 + games makes yours look like junk. If you knew we had that record and still had the opinion then its junk - if you didn't know and you didn't find out before posting you do yourself no favours and its junk.

or do you think "playing for England today is nothing but a sideline hobby for these multi millionaire boys' has only become a problem since the WC?

if I won a ticket or was gifted a ticket I'd be flogging it on Ebay! :roseunsure:

Last edited:
Barely care for International football (even during World Cup bandwagons) but a public ballot for Semi Final / Final tickets at Wembley stadium is a no brainer.

Obviously these tickets should be held for genuine supporters of the countries involved but as we all know UEFA don't see it like that...

playing for England today is nothing but a sideline hobby for these multi millionaire boys'
A free kick and early goal against Croatia 🇭🇷 in the most important match since 1966 the semis and all the effort of the sports psychologists is totally ignored.

The way those lads celebrated that goal was akin to us having won the competition only what five minutes in? The writing was on the wall -I knew it - the fire in my belly was extinguished-immediately
So on one hand it's just a sideline hobby for the players, and on the other you're knocking their passion for celebrating a World Cup semi final goal.

I don't think you actually have a point, other than to piss on other people's chips by being a negative arsehole.

But maybe you're just misunderstood

So on one hand it's just a sideline hobby for the players, and on the other you're knocking their passion for celebrating a World Cup semi final goal.

I don't think you actually have a point, other than to piss on other people's chips by being a negative arsehole.

But maybe you're just misunderstood

If the correlation between my two comments relating to obvious “over celebrating” a goal five minutes in, and Sports psychologists went over your head don’t take it out on me mate.

Quite clearly you are the one with the axe to grind here otherwise you wouldn’t be looking to pick a fight.

Let me spell it out.

Psychologists are well paid for their work, and their advice and counsel if taken can actually work wonders.

It’s a well known fact that the most vulnerable time to concede a goal against you is immediately after you yourself have scored and that is due to mindset.

My point is either the sports psychologists in the England camp are not doing their job or the players are not taking their advice.

That celebration was over the top and I’d say the same if it was Spurs. However in Amsterdam our lot got the goal celebrations about right!

Last edited:
If the correlation between my two comments relating to obvious “over celebrating” a goal five minutes in, and Sports psychologists went over your head don’t take it out on me mate.

Quite clearly you are the one with the axe to grind here otherwise you wouldn’t be looking to pick a fight.

Let me spell it out.

Psychologists are well paid for their work, and their advice and counsel if taken can actually work wonders.

It’s a well known fact that the most vulnerable time to concede a goal against you is immediately after have yourself have scored and that is due to mindset.

My point is either the sports psychologists in the England camp are not doing their job or the players are not taking their advice.

That celebration was over the top and I’d say the same if it was Spurs. However in Amsterdam our lot got the goal celebrations about right!
does it show the players cared?

does it show the players cared?
It showed we will win fuck all until they get their act together and know when to celebrate as if we have won!

That’s what it shows - I do recall one commentator saying at the time “ they celebrated like a league club “. Enough said!

It showed we will win fuck all until they get their act together and know when to celebrate as if we have won!

That’s what it shows - I do recall one commentator saying at the time “ they celebrated like a league club “. Enough said!
did it also show they cared about the game?

* who the fuck disagrees with a question? odd

Last edited:
It’s one thing me and mine going nuts when the goal went in after just five minutes; it’s quite another the players celebrating as if it’s all over when in reality it’s only just begun.

No. It showed a complete lack of discipline!

Last edited:
It’s one thing me and mine going nuts when the goal went in after just five minutes; it’s quite another the players celebrating as if it’s all over when in reality it’s only just begun.

No. It shown a complete lack of discipline!

I care so little about a game that I go mad and be indisciplined. Nice logic.

Back
Top Bottom