EURO 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sooooooo....Italy.
Beat a shite turkey side.
Beat a shite Swiss side.

I know they have a long unbeaten record but (and I haven't checked), most international games are against much lower opposition right? Think about who England have played in last 3 years for example?

So why are Italy so fancied?

Over to fogueres fogueres
Italy is appreciated because it is playing proactive football. I can't remember 3-0 / 3-0 in a row by heart. Usually Italy played more speculative games: 1-0 / 2-1 etc. I agree that it will be interesting to see Italy against more important opponents: only those results will tell us who we are. In any case, we're going to see France against Hungary as well, they were clearly favorites but they drew. Or Spain against Poland, England against Scotland.

Italy is appreciated because it is playing proactive football. I can't remember 3-0 / 3-0 in a row by heart. Usually Italy played more speculative games: 1-0 / 2-1 etc. I agree that it will be interesting to see Italy against more important opponents: only those results will tell us who we are. In any case, we're going to see France against Hungary as well, they were clearly favorites but they drew. Or Spain against Poland, England against Scotland.
Excellent answer. Cheers.

Thatโ€™s one through

Hope England and Scotland follow on Tuesday

Thoroughly deserved win for the Italians, another good performance by them all things considered. Fair play to Wales, they showed great heart as always after going down to 10, and on another day Bale smashes that chance into the back of the net.

Back
Top Bottom