EURO 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've got Welsh blood in me and I love Stereophonics. So maybe I'm a bit biased. But considering they have some Championship level quality in their squad I think there's a bit to be admired by them. They always play with tons of energy and genuinely have great character. Put some of those in this talented England team, and probably Rob Page over Southgate, and we'd genuinely have a chance of winning the thing.
Why bring England into it? Just commentating on this game and those that have gone before them.

I don't see world-class players in the Swiss or Turkey team too.

Please don’t troll. Wales defended very very well.

By that token you can also say that Wales were unlucky not to score twice (Ramsey and Bale).

Jog on

Not sure why it’s strange to refer to this performance as full of character and togetherness etc. That’s exactly what it took for Wales to get out of this game just one nil down.

🙄

Congratulations Goat-Bwoy & Crockett Crockett ....

Not trolling fella. Genuinely don't get what was great about them today, Itlay put out their reserve team today, even changed their keeper just to make him feel not left out.

For that matter this whole tournament, you've looked meh. Just reflecting on what I'm seeing/hearing. Genuinely the studio pundits take post-game was utter bollocks and didn't reflect the game.
Ok well I think you’re not giving Wales enough credit and that you’re speaking more bollocks than they did in the studio.

Entitled to your wrong opinion though!

🖕🏿😎

Why bring England into it? Just commentating on this game and those that have gone before them.

I don't see world-class players in the Swiss or Turkey team too.

Well because England have played with a distinct lack of energy. Against Croatia the humidity was something else so they could be let off, but there was no excuse for the performance against Scotland. The quality was lacking but to me it was pretty clear they wanted it more all over the pitch. That would never have happened with the Welsh.

But basically my point is that Wales always give their all and leave nothing out on the pitch.

done GIF

Well because England have played with a distinct lack of energy. Against Croatia the humidity was something else so they could be let off, but there was no excuse for the performance against Scotland. The quality was lacking but to me it was pretty clear they wanted it more all over the pitch. That would never have happened with the Welsh.

But basically my point is that Wales always give their all and leave nothing out on the pitch.
I know how England have played, which is completely irrelevant.

Wales may have given their all but they've been meh. They were totally outplayed today by Italy's B team. and drew against the Swiss who possibly have a worse squad(??) than Wales, if not worse no better.

But the point I'm making is all the studio fawning, it absolutely wasn't reflective of the performance, it was more like a party political broadcast. No problem if they say, they were all relieved or we got away with one etc. I don't get why it has to be framed this way.

A lot of strange stuff being said in the studio here. #togetherness #excellent #proud #charachter blah, blah Wales have won one game against Turkey, lucky not to have conceded 4 today.

shrug-gif-9.gif
The English just don't get it...all their players are first team regulars in the top leagues and the rest of us have to scrabble about the lower leagues to get a squad put together, so anything we achieve is rightly celebrated.

Everything about this post is wrong. No offence. I’d kindly suggest to you that you are fucking clueless, if that’s your stance on things.
You drew 1-1 with Switzerland
Beat Turkey by 2 goals
Switzerland beat Turkey by 2 goal margin

Italy put out their strongest side against Switzerland and Turkey beat them both 3-0.

They rested virtually their entire team against you today, even subbed off their keeper to give him mins against you. Yet you were still well beaten. Given the parity between you and the Swiss the only defining thing that's played out is that had Italy played their best team as they did in their previous games they would have quite possibly had scored more past you and you may not have qualified on GD.

I know how England have played, which is completely irrelevant.

Wales may have given their all but they've been meh. They were totally outplayed today by Italy's B team. and drew against the Swiss who possibly have a worse squad(??) than Wales, if not worse no better.

But the point I'm making is all the studio fawning, it absolutely wasn't reflective of the performance, it was more like a party political broadcast. No problem if they say, they were all relieved or we got away with one etc. I don't get why it has to be framed this way.
I think you need to take on board the fact that getting out of the group stage is an amazing achievement on its own for this group of players. Barely half a dozen of the squad are Premiership quality. Yes, they lost but only just, and with a man down for a long time against a team with real pedigree. Unlike with England, no-one has any expectations, a quarter-final loss wouldn't provoke anguish and howlings in the tabloids. Can the team say they tried their best? Yes. And that's good enough for me.

Not trolling fella. Genuinely don't get what was great about them today, Itlay put out their reserve team today, even changed their keeper just to make him feel not left out.

For that matter this whole tournament, you've looked meh. Just reflecting on what I'm seeing/hearing. Genuinely the studio pundits take post-game was utter bollocks and didn't reflect the game.

Wales have been shit all tournament long but for some reason seem to be the darlings of the board so you will not get a chance of getting a reasonable response from anyone about how utterly mediocre (and that is being kind) they have been.

Crazy that there will likely be a Wales-Russia/Finland game and England-Portugal/Germany game. I guess that is the luck of the draw but there is no reason to have it set up where finishing 2nd is so much better than winning a group.

The English just don't get it...all their players are first team regulars in the top leagues and the rest of us have to scrabble about the lower leagues to get a squad put together, so anything we achieve is rightly celebrated.
I get this, that's not being said. I questioning the nonsense being spouted in the studio, 100% not reflecting what happened on the pitch. I'd be saying exactly the same if the English pundits did the same, as they do quite frequently.

Wales have been shit all tournament long but for some reason seem to be the darlings of the board so you will not get a chance of getting a reasonable response from anyone about how utterly mediocre (and that is being kind) they have been.

Crazy that there will likely be a Wales-Russia/Finland game and England-Portugal/Germany game. I guess that is the luck of the draw but there is no reason to have it set up where finishing 2nd is so much better than winning a group.
Ah here comes the forum idiot talking shite again.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz stfu you boring bald bastard

I get this, that's not being said. I questioning the nonsense being spouted in the studio, 100% not reflecting what happened on the pitch. I'd be saying exactly the same if the English pundits did the same, as they do quite frequently.
But it did reflect it, they were narrowly defeated by the tournament favourites whilst hanging on with ten men...

You drew 1-1 with Switzerland
Beat Turkey by 2 goals
Switzerland beat Turkey by 2 goal margin

Italy put out their strongest side against Switzerland and Turkey beat them both 3-0.

They rested virtually their entire team against you today, even subbed off their keeper to give him mins against you. Yet you were still well beaten. Given the parity between you and the Swiss the only defining thing that's played out is that had Italy played their best team as they did in their previous games they would have quite possibly had scored more past you and you may not have qualified on GD.
Well beaten? It was one nil and Wales also had their chances.

If this Italy B team had played the England who turned up against Scotland, it would’ve been a rugby score.

Now fuck off and stop trolling before I end you for good.

Back
Top Bottom