EURO 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

pleb pleb

Trophies won since 1967:

Brazil 15 France 7 Germany 7 Argentina 5 Spain 4 Nigeria 3 Italy 3 Portugal 2 Greece 1 Russia 1 Denmark 1 South Africa 1 AUSTRALIA 1

England 0

:troll:
Piss Off Lord Sugar GIF by Celebrity Apprentice Australia
200.gif

Donnarumma named as player of the tournament ... not sure about that.
I agree about defenders, but then Bonucci deserved it more than Donnarumma in my opinion.
I wouldn’t have frowned if it had been Bonucci but I don’t think Donnarumma is a controversial choice
Should be nowhere near.
Was it a decision they were leaving until the match was over? I get it if so - but only because of the manner of victory for Italy and the previous penalty shootout against Spain.

Otherwise absolutely not.

Italy's best player was Spinazzola up to the point he got hurt.

Any of Chiesa, Bonucci, Chiellini, Jorginho or Donnarumma were worthy choices.

That side will take some beating in Qatar

Above all for international football they have a top draw manager. Mancini might be average for the Prem but the Prem is a step above in management terms compared to international football.

Italy's best player was Spinazzola up to the point he got hurt.

Any of Chiesa, Bonucci, Chiellini, Jorginho or Donnarumma were worthy choices.

That side will take some beating in Qatar

I don't see it that way. They are there to be beat. Spain dominated them. Italy were piss poor against Austria. That can happen though of course, probably got a bit complacent. Even England showed that you can hurt them if you play at pace, we just didn't sustain it. Had we have done we could have put the game to bed in the first half.

Yeah, they deserved to win the tournament and are obviously one of the strongest teams around. But I think Italy aren't a great side like some people make out. Just a very good one. I thought they played near to their best in the final while I believe England, with the players that didn't feature or barely got any minutes, have far more to offer than they showed, not only in that game but in the whole tournament. The big question is can Southgate get more out of them?

According to the Transfermarkt portal, Chiesa is the second most increased player in market value in the whole tournament, first among the Italians, even ahead of Gigio Donnarumma, named best player of the competition.

The Top 10 in ascending order:

10. Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Denmark: 40 million euros, with an increase of 5 million

9. Kalvin Phillips, England: € 40 million, an increase of € 10 million

8. Luke Shaw, England: 42 million euros, with an increase of 7 million

7. Jorginho, Italy: 45 million euros, with an increase of 5 million

6. Harry Maguire, England: € 50 million, an increase of € 5 million

5. Dani Olmo, Spain: 50 million euros, with an increase of 5 million

4. Gianluigi Donnarumma, Italy: 65 million euros, with an increase of 5 million

3. Declan Rice, England: 70 million euros, an increase of 5 million

2. Federico Chiesa, Italy: 70 million euros, with an increase of 10 million

1. Pedri, Spain: 80 million euros, an increase of 10 million

According to the Transfermarkt portal, Chiesa is the second most increased player in market value in the whole tournament, first among the Italians, even ahead of Gigio Donnarumma, named best player of the competition.

The Top 10 in ascending order:

10. Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Denmark: 40 million euros, with an increase of 5 million

9. Kalvin Phillips, England: € 40 million, an increase of € 10 million

8. Luke Shaw, England: 42 million euros, with an increase of 7 million

7. Jorginho, Italy: 45 million euros, with an increase of 5 million

6. Harry Maguire, England: € 50 million, an increase of € 5 million

5. Dani Olmo, Spain: 50 million euros, with an increase of 5 million

4. Gianluigi Donnarumma, Italy: 65 million euros, with an increase of 5 million

3. Declan Rice, England: 70 million euros, an increase of 5 million

2. Federico Chiesa, Italy: 70 million euros, with an increase of 10 million

1. Pedri, Spain: 80 million euros, an increase of 10 million
Maguire now just about 40m Euros behind what Man Utd actually paid for him

Back
Top Bottom