Europa Conference League 2021/22; potential QR2 vs Honka Espoo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How far will we reach?

• Total voters
Why would we purposefully throw away a chance to win a trophy when we could easily play a quality team without hurting our PL team?
Cause we can't not easily hurt our first team. Nuno has enough against him next season should ALL be about Wed Saturday the league should be number one priority only weirdos will care about this made up bogus tournament. I'll not watch one game including its final.

Cause we can't not easily hurt our first team. Nuno has enough against him next season should ALL be about Wed Saturday the league should be number one priority only weirdos will care about this made up bogus tournament. I'll not watch one game including its final.

Yes we easily can.

All tournaments are made up. This one is no different than others in that respect.

I do wish people who claimed not to care about this competition stopped going on and on about how much they don't care and let the rest of us who want us to win a trophy - any trophy - get on with following it.

Nah, should be 2 relatively easy games for you guys. Unless you're very complacent and don't take them seriously... Having a portuguese manager should prevent that, he knows they're not a bunch of farmers. These will be massive games for Paços Ferreira, so they will give 110%
I like how the first post after yours where you tell us to not get complacent is "Just send the donkeys".

What's with the Portuguese side's nordic crest? are they a team associated with the Estado Novo? Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb
That cross is a reference to the Knights Templar who lived in the Paços de Ferreira municipality, nothing to do with fascism. A lot of towns and municipalities have the same or similar symbols here, like the Order of Christ cross, etc 🙂 The club just copied it from the town's crest

They’ll definitely play the (potential) tie at Windsor according to my Larne sources.

Fingers crossed they pull off another fantastic result against the Portuguese outfit (and I say this as a somewhat jealous but not begrudging Glentoran fan!).
They'll not. They'll play at Inver with the 4G pitch as an added bonus for them. They don't need the massive revenue, Kenny Bruce is like the Abramhovic of the Irish League.

Feel free to stay out of it. Put it on ignore.

But if we win the competition, people like you don’t GET to celebrate.
It reminds me of School Rugby competitions over here

Now I forget the order but it's something like

The main competition is the Cup, lose in the first round you drop into the shield, lose in the first round of that you drop into the bowl, lose in the first round and you drop into the trophy.

Winning the trophy simply means you were the best three time loser and not really acknowledged. That's what we need to be like. If we're sitting in another 10 years fondly remembering the European "Everyone gets a Lollipop" League then we're going to give fans many more years of disappointment.

Win it because we're in it, but don't celebrate a nothing trophy. And certainly don't make a habit of getting into it.

It reminds me of School Rugby competitions over here

Now I forget the order but it's something like

The main competition is the Cup, lose in the first round you drop into the shield, lose in the first round of that you drop into the bowl, lose in the first round and you drop into the trophy.

Winning the trophy simply means you were the best three time loser and not really acknowledged. That's what we need to be like. If we're sitting in another 10 years fondly remembering the European "Everyone gets a Lollipop" League then we're going to give fans many more years of disappointment.

Win it because we're in it, but don't celebrate a nothing trophy. And certainly don't make a habit of getting into it.
Yeah but if we win it we qualify for the Europa League !

Back
Top Bottom