Europa League 2015/2016

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmm United against Liverpool and the two strongest teams in the competition against each other. I'm not usually into wild accusations, but damn that seems awfully convenient for TV ratings.

I'd have thought that they'd prefer Spurs v Dortmund in the final, if you're going full conspiracy.

Full conspiracy theory would be wanting the English clubs (strongest) out of the competition? We have to remember, before the ban (convenient) in 85, English teams dominated EC and one of the other trophies. I guess (they? ) would not want this to happen again-just thinking out loud.

Hello, I am a supporter of Borussia Dortmund and I want to express how happy we are to meet such a great, great club in its current shape like Tottenham. We LOVE UK football here in Germany, because it is so honest and true to itself: No pain simulations when a fly hits your player, dives are very rare, great tackles are cheered upon by the supporters. Our heroes can be defense players (like Sokratis is in our team).

I personally feel that this game will be a big advertisement for the UEFA League. Games like these are the reasons why I am in love with soccer (or do you say football?). The majority of BVB fans gives a flying fuck about winning or losing, we want atmosphere, fights, great games that are true to the sport and a winner who deserves to be called a winner.

I don't know which of our teams will succeed to enter the next round finals, but I know that soccer itself will be the winner. We should swear an oath though: The team that will win needs to make sure that no club from the south, who value acting more than soccer, will win the title, ok?

Maybe the best team win.... and AMA (ask me anything), I will try to answer.
Cool story, bro

Now sell us Aubameyang

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance please but I haven't done a European away game before.. But I'm hoping to fly out and try source a ticket and it seems a lot of others are doing the same, obviously everyone won't get tickets so what happens then do we go to a pub near the ground and watch it? Is the trip / experience worth it without the game?

I've done a fair few european aways and I personally wouldn't go without a ticket, particularly to this one where unlike the Milan games and Real it seems tickets in the home end won't be available.

You might be able to watch in a pub somewhere, but that's not a given - at a fair few in the past the police have banned pubs selling alcohol to Spurs fans within a radius of the ground. That said on my only game in Germany at Weder Bremen we were treated much better than in some other places.

When we started this season, we played a very risky style with our defensive wingers attacking very far ahead. That lead to a lot of goals and hysterical games, but it was too easy for the opponent to score against us.

Now we are positioned a lot more defensive. This leads to fewer chances, but it made it very hard to score goals against us. The class of our offensive ranks made it possible to still score every game though.

BVB is very strong when there is space while attacking. Aubameyangs speed is unbelievable and Reus is clinical when scoring. Mhkitaryan is a class on its own. But we have problems when the defense is very tight.

Our axis is Hummels - Gündogan - Mhkitaryan - Reus - Auba... all players with experience and skills that are far beyond the average player. Gündogan will prolly leave us in the summer for Real or Barca (or ManCity, but this myth has been debunked kinda) and I bet that there will 100 Million Euro offers for Auba.
dont ever use the (non)word "prolly"
it makes you look like a complete pimmelkopf
:)

Excuse my ignorance please but I haven't done a European away game before.. But I'm hoping to fly out and try source a ticket and it seems a lot of others are doing the same, obviously everyone won't get tickets so what happens then do we go to a pub near the ground and watch it? Is the trip / experience worth it without the game?

I'd make it dependant on your financial situation. If you can blow the money for the flight and a hotel (which is not much, you can get away with 100 Euros flying back and forth alltogether), you might wanna go for it. There are a some English pubs in the city and the atmosphere around games is amazing. Dortmund lives and breathes soccer, especially on occasions like this. If you like visiting other cities, make a little vacation out of it. There is a lot to see in the "Ruhrgebiet Area".

But this is no final and the games will take place right in the middle of the week, so don't expect to have party all the night ;). If this would be a final, I would take the tour in a heartbeat, but in a situation like this, it really depends on your persona.

I was playing with the idea of going to Germany but can't make it unfortunately. Sounds as if its going to be top class. Will save my energy for the home tie. At first, was disappointed with the draw, as it's probably the most difficult game we could have got. However, now the excitement has taken over and it will be a cracker, the biggest tie of the round.
And welcome to Daniel, love to hear from genuine supporters of other teams - unless they're gooners, chavs or spammers, of course!
COYS

Hello, I am a supporter of Borussia Dortmund and I want to express how happy we are to meet such a great, great club in its current shape like Tottenham. We LOVE UK football here in Germany, because it is so honest and true to itself: No pain simulations when a fly hits your player, dives are very rare, great tackles are cheered upon by the supporters. Our heroes can be defense players (like Sokratis is in our team).

I personally feel that this game will be a big advertisement for the UEFA League. Games like these are the reasons why I am in love with soccer (or do you say football?). The majority of BVB fans gives a flying fuck about winning or losing, we want atmosphere, fights, great games that are true to the sport and a winner who deserves to be called a winner.

I don't know which of our teams will succeed to enter the next round finals, but I know that soccer itself will be the winner. We should swear an oath though: The team that will win needs to make sure that no club from the south, who value acting more than soccer, will win the title, ok?

Maybe the best team win.... and AMA (ask me anything), I will try to answer.

Have you watched the Chavs under Jose?
Or Woolwich?

:freund:

Yes, I miss Klopp as a character. I know, when he is not the manager of your team, people tend to hate him. But Klopp loves football like we all do. He would take success of honest soccer way before his own success. And in the most positive way, he is crazy about soccer. If he would not be the manager of a club, he would be right with us in the stadium, cheering about his club.

Goetze will prolly never make his way back to Dortmund. I would not mind, because people can change and a very young lad has made a terrible mistake. But in our area, we are all about honesty. And prolonging your contract and saying that you want to stay with the BVB for a long time, then leaving 3 months later has broken the heart of many supporters. So I doubt very much that he will ever come back. And this is not about hate, it is about trust that has been lost. Misguided character that one. Biggest talent I have personally ever seen, but very misguided by his management who puts emphasis not on soccer and having fun, but about merchandising.

Biggest weakness is our inability to manage very tight spaces. If you give us space, we will score, but if you keep it tight, you might get ahead. Oddly enough we have our biggest problems with the small clubs who will stand in their own box with 11 players.

So do we mate, so do we!

Remember Chelsea doing a lap of honour after drawing 0-0 at our place!

:pochfacepalm:

tumblr_nq839nJpgO1so32gwo1_1280.gif
And I am stuck in South Africa shit!!!!

I've signed up to Dortmund's ticketing database in the hope that I'll be able to get one in the home end. I'd obviously rather try and get one in the away section somehow, but given that we've never played Dortmund before, chances will be very slim. Problem is I usually go alone and don't know any STHs really that well.
Sure they will adopt you!

Looking at the 2 teams, I don't think I'd take many of the Dortmund players in our team.

[formation=442, Lloris, Walker, Alderwiereld, Hummels, Davies, Eriksen, Alli, Dembele, Reus, Kane, Aubameyang][/formation]

That'd be a sick team in general. Aubameyang and Reus have plenty in their locker to cause us problems. Stopping them will be crucial. But we can cause them issues. Get Eriksen, Kane and Lamela on the ball and go at them.
Walker over Piszczek?
[formation=4231, Lloris, Piszczek, Alderweireld, Hummels, Rose, Dembele, Gundogan, Reus, Eriksen, Aubangeyang, Kane][/formation]

Salivates, this is the best thing than imagining if AVB's Porto mixed with our 2012/13 side
[formation=433, Lloris, Walker, Otamendi, Vertonghen, Pereira, Moutinho, Sandro, Dembele, Hulk, Falcao, Bale][/formation]

Back
Top Bottom