Europa League 2020-21 - Quest For Glory

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Skribvfbtdvnhdd better or worse than Plovdiv?

Or is there any way to really tell with these Eatern European teams/Leagues?

Hopefully the pitch in Macedonia is better than tonight.

I grew up playing on a gravel pitch for both the start and end of the season and our gravel pitch had better surface for the ball than what I saw tonight.

I just saw some crudely edited highlights of the game.

I assume the footage of Jose charging down the touchline when Ndombele scored (just like he did at Old Trafford back in 2004) must have ended up on the cutting room floor.

Our options for tomorrow's draw:

FCSB / Liberec
Granada / Locomotive Tbilisi
Milan / BodoGlimt
AEK / St Gallen
Rangers or Willem II
LASK / Dunajska Streda
Beer-Sheva / Motherwell
Rosenborg / Alanyaspor
Apollon / Lech
Rostov / Maccabi Haifa
Reims / Fehervar
Rijeka / Kolos Kovalivka
CSKA Sofia / Torshavn

Our options for tomorrow's draw:

FCSB / Liberec
Granada / Locomotive Tbilisi
Milan / BodoGlimt
AEK / St Gallen
Rangers or Willem II
LASK / Dunajska Streda
Beer-Sheva / Motherwell
Rosenborg / Alanyaspor
Apollon / Lech
Rostov / Maccabi Haifa
Reims / Fehervar
Rijeka / Kolos Kovalivka
CSKA Sofia / Torshavn
Starting to see some Ok teams to be fair.

I just saw some crudely edited highlights of the game.

I assume the footage of Jose charging down the touchline when Ndombele scored (just like he did at Old Trafford back in 2004) must have ended up on the cutting room floor.

The footage I saw was hilarious. There was some kids game spliced in, and the commentary switched from English to what I assume was Bulgarian.

Looks like we had a lot of chances and could’ve won that 6-7 to 1. Not exactly clinical finishing, but whatever.

The footage I saw was hilarious. There was some kids game spliced in, and the commentary switched from English to what I assume was Bulgarian.

Looks like we had a lot of chances and could’ve won that 6-7 to 1. Not exactly clinical finishing, but whatever.

There will probably be many people who wouldn't be able to tell the difference between our game and the kids' game.

:mourfacepalm:

Our possible opponents after the Macedonia game are the winners of one of the below games:

Rostov (RUS) / Maccabi Haifa (ISR)
Willem II (NED) / Rangers (SCO)
Fehérvár (HUN) / Reims (FRA)
FCSB (ROU) / Slovan Liberec (CZE)

The draw is at 14:00 CET today to see which tie we would be drawn against.

FCSB is the old Steaua Bucharest (they drew 6-6 last night and won 4-5 on penalties!)

One of these seeded teams may get Milan :levyeyes:

Group 1
Seeded
1 Basel (SUI) vs Anorthosis (CYP)
2 Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) / SønderjyskE (DEN)
3 Beşiktaş (TUR) / Rio Ave (POR)

Unseeded
4 CSKA-Sofia (BUL) / B36 (FRO)
5 AC Milan (ITA) / Bodø/Glimt (NOR)
6 Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR) / Motherwell (SCO)

Just thinking; assuming we qualify for the group stages, do we end up in pot 3 or 4 due to coming through the gutter route or does our coefficient give us a leg up to avoid a comparatively tough group?

One of these seeded teams may get Milan :levyeyes:

Group 1
Seeded
1 Basel (SUI) vs Anorthosis (CYP)
2 Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) / SønderjyskE (DEN)
3 Beşiktaş (TUR) / Rio Ave (POR)

Unseeded
4 CSKA-Sofia (BUL) / B36 (FRO)
5 AC Milan (ITA) / Bodø/Glimt (NOR)
6 Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR) / Motherwell (SCO)

The team that Milan is facing is Norwegian, so should normally be easy. But they are flying high in the Norwegian league, and have the advantage of being in mid season as opposed to Milan that has not even started their league season yet.

Bodø/Glimt is having a fantastic season, with 15 wins and 2 draws from 17 games, with 62 goals scored and 19 conceded. They are playing brilliant, offensive football, and are brimming with confidence.

I am glad that we are not facing them.

Back
Top Bottom