Europa League 2020-21 - Quest For Glory

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Guy's an obnoxious troll - this is pretty standard for him I'm afraid - 90% of the community have him on ignore for just that reason.

You're welcome to post your views - but be in no doubt we will beat you.

Ah, the artist formerly known as Bangkokspud in massive irony alert again I see.

Also pulling statistics from out of his arse again. Would love to see that poll where he got the 90% from.

Standard Bangkok 🤣

Unlike him, however, I can provide evidence of what the forum really thinks. Look at the results of this biggest cunt award.

In any case, AussieCroat AussieCroat , my posts to you were clearly and obviously (I thought) tongue in cheek. If you’d been on this forum long enough, you’d have known that, and seen how we often speak to each other. So don’t be coming on here taking offence to everything. 😒

Enjoy the games.

Last edited:
Ah, the artist formerly known as Bangkokspud in massive irony alert again I see.

Also pulling statistics from out of his arse again. Would love to see that poll where he got the 90% from.

Standard Bangkok 🤣

Unlike him, however, I can provide evidence of what the forum really thinks. Look at the results of this biggest cunt award.

In any case, AussieCroat AussieCroat , my posts to you were clearly and obviously (I thought) tongue in cheek. If you’d been on this forum long enough, you’d have known that, and seen how we often speak to each other. So don’t be coming on here taking offence to everything. 😒

Enjoy the games.
No offence taken. Its an interesting dynamic you lot have here.

I look forward to the tie.

I know this will upset people but today showed our Premier league campaign is still alive .

That first leg v Dinamo Zagreb is 3 days before a NLD , I really want to see the first team in the NLD.
I think we will need to rest and rotate SOME players in that EL game tbh. I know this will upset some people but Woolwich are better than Dinamo Zagreb and I'm sure if we make a few changes to players who may be tired or can't play 2 games in a week eg. Bale then we have to priortise the NLD.
Besides there's always a 2nd leg if the 1st leg goes wrong

Is this the first Croatian team we've played since Hadjuk Split in 1991?

It was in the midst of the Balkan Wars as I remember. We played the away leg in Austria I think as Split was too dangerous. A hundred or so fans came to WHL, the journey took them 7 days, something like that, travelling through war zones. I think they got a rousing ovation from the stadium (or at least should have done!)

Is this the first Croatian team we've played since Hadjuk Split in 1991?

It was in the midst of the Balkan Wars as I remember. We played the away leg in Austria I think as Split was too dangerous. A hundred or so fans came to WHL, the journey took them 7 days, something like that, travelling through war zones. I think they got a rousing ovation from the stadium (or at least should have done!)
No, we played Dinamo in 2008-09

Beat them 4-0 at The Lane (Darren Bent got hat-trick).

Will be our first trip to Croatia (assuming game gets played there) since 1991 though.

Well some people seem to have just thought that Premier league is dead and even if it is people just thought we should just do what we want and even if we finish really low its not a problem.
I thought it was dead, but it turns out it was just *mostly* dead.

As You Wish Cary Elwes GIF by Disney+

I keep thinking of the phrase: "it's the hope that kills you". I think it's someone's tag line on here, but it's highly relevant in this context. I can't shake the feeling that a few wins would get us back in 4/5th spot.

Last edited:
Let's be clear, if Everton and Villa won their games in hand, we'd still only be 4 points off 4th by beating Fulham.

That's definitely not out of the running.

The problem isn't the amount of points it is the number of teams between us and 4th.

Currently we have to outplay everyone of Liverpool, Chelsea, WH, Everton, Villa to make 4th, We can easily make up the 4 points, but can we play better than every one of those teams? That will be the hard part.

No harm done reversing it but, in principle, bit of a bloody liberty reversing the tie. If we had big opposition and there were crowds it could be to our detriment. Crazy rule.

The problem isn't the amount of points it is the number of teams between us and 4th.

Currently we have to outplay everyone of Liverpool, Chelsea, WH, Everton, Villa to make 4th, We can easily make up the 4 points, but can we play better than every one of those teams? That will be the hard part.
Oh a league table standing is not determined by points? Interesting theory, tell us more.

We do not have to "outplay" those teams.

We have Woolwich, United and Leicester in our last 13 games. 3 games I would class as tricky. We should be favourites to win all the others.

Not sure if you understand how a league works but everyone plays each other, twice.

That means fixture order is important. I'm not going to go through the fixture lists of all our top 4 rivals but I'm sure based on what I've said above that it's one of the easiest run ins on paper.

As an example, Leicester still have to play:
- Man City
- West Ham
- Man United
- Chelsea
-Spurs

They are currently 3rd and 10 points ahead of us. But with that mounting injury list and tough run of fixtures don't be surprised to see them bottle Champions League qualification once again.

Couple that with the fact that we look like hitting some form and have almost everyone back from injury, things are looking good.

Back
Top Bottom