Europa League vs Gent (20.05KO)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If this was Utd out we'd all be worrying about them now being able to concentrate on the PL.
Well that's how I'm treating it.
What's done is done, disappointed but far from devasted.

Can't fault the lads tonight, effort wise, but same old problems costing us.
Anyway we played well so I can live with it better than the first leg.

Keeping with tradition and hope Gent win it now. FA Cup will do me, if we play like that with 11 men, we'll be fine.

Melters can revel the night away for all I care, chin up the rest of ya's

COYS

Fucked by Dele and the ref. Pretty gutsy performance from the 10 left out there. Got caught on the counter when they were utterly exhausted. The still created and dominated whilst that fucked. Our finishing is a worry.

Dele needs to grow up. You simply cannot do that.

No more Europe. So no excuse not to do well from here on in.

They had 3 shots total maybe over the 2 legs and scored 3. Our forwards need to take note. If you aren't ruthless you aren't special.

I still think if you put the current Spurs team against the Spurs team of last year they would get smashed.

Last year we looked like a well organised dangerous machine. Everyone knew their role. Many players couldn't even get past Dier.

We look a shadow this season, unfortunately. Dier doesn't look the same player, Kanes consistency has gone, Lamela with his mystery, Eriksen with awful set pieces, Toby and Jan no longer defending set pieces well. A lot of issues and work to do.

What do you want me to do? Cheer them on? Nobody deserves unconditional support, especially not when they're the ones who continue to under perform at the most crucial times

I think Tottenham can survive without your kind of support. Cunts like you dilute our support. Can't you do something meaningful with reindeer? This isn't the time for your cold, analytical, Scandinavian introspection that the rest of the world finds so boring. It's really time to cut loose, and try to enjoy life outside of Spurs. Maybe sponsor a moose? - or fish through a hole? Maybe vote for a fellow Dane for supporter of the year? Anything but post on here after a disappointing result. Surely all Danes aren't as miserable as you?

Just woke up after a 28 hour road trip, amazing away day for Gent. My thoughts on the game :
Spurs were very strong 2 nd half esp, taking of Dembele was an error (same as last week) and reduced the pressure on Gent midfield, allowing for counter possibilities.
Gent were poor, the worst performance in Europe for a long time. Stupid and dangerous from Dele, but Spurs could and should ve scored 3 or 4 ..
Walker and Son were amazing, the atmosphere in the Gent crowd was too. But its easier for away fans, esp 8k of them all in the same corner. When Spurs did start singing the noise was impressive.

Hangover is a bitch though

Last edited:
That's the difference between us and an efficient competition team.. we need 25 opportunities to score twice, they get 2 chances and score twice. Yes, you can say they didn't deserve to get through.. but in the end it's the goal that counts

Everytime they crash out of a competition to teams they should be beating. They deserve the slack, what do you think Poch tells them in the dressing room? Do you think he's happy

Stop comparaing your stance to Poch's, you called us a bunch losers that will never win anything.

I doubt Poch is using those words, despite being not happy about certain performances.
Its funny that your slating came after a really valiant effort, where the fight was the best and most intense Ive seen from us even with one man less.

You confuse the end result with the performance. Play well and lose (draw), and you see no positives, because "we should have won comfortably"....its why people say you lack understanding of the game.

Its a joke.

We played in Quarabag on Thursday, and had to play Chelsea on the Sunday, giving us 48 hours rest in between a 6 hour flight....while Chelsea played on the Tuesday, giving them an EXTRA 48 hours rest.

Couldnt possibly let us play on the Monday could they?

But poor Utd...yeah have an extra day. How the fuck can they move an EL game for a domestic cup?
United aren't subjected to the same rules as everyone else. As soon as anyone hears noises coming from Old Trafford, the authorities shit themselves. They would do literally anything to accommodate that lot. It's pissed me off for years.
On the plus side, Chelsea will still turn them over
On the down side, it's Chelsea.
:adestare:

What do you see in him Bolton?
He's just a young lad, without much top level experience. At first, he looked very strong & a defenders nightmare. I think he believed this goal scoring lark was easy coming off the back of his last season. His confidence seems to have vanished, to the point that the manager doesn't trust him to come on with 15 minutes to go in a game that's already won.
I don't think he's at the stage of being cut adrift just yet, & from the early cameos he did look like he was going to be a good signing. He needs a lot of work to rebuild his confidence & at his age, I think that is the biggest block he has to overcome.

Cue a Janssen hat trick on Thursday....

:llorisunsure:

Back
Top Bottom