European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But they still talk shite when it comes to England. How can a team who don't even quality for tournaments ever feel like they have the right to criticise England, regardless of how we do?

Same as the Scots often circle jerk together when England are knocked out of tournaments despite the fact that they're usually sitting at home watching Netflix instead of their own country participating.
Probably the same reason I do - because of the consistent mass delusion before a tournament and then the inevitable crash afterwards. No other country manages to be quite so consistently deluded despite the evidence of your eyes and ears.

Otherwise the England team is actually quite likeable. Bunch of nice guys.

Probably the same reason I do - because of the consistent mass delusion before a tournament and then the inevitable crash afterwards. No other country manages to be quite so consistently deluded despite the evidence of your eyes and ears.

Most other countries would love to have made a final, semi and quarter in the last three tournaments. I know that the Irish and Scottish would give up their Grandma's to get close to that.

It has got a bit nasty though… probably because everyone’s upset at how shit they’ve been. :ange-hands-head:

Shit but unbeaten. And will remain so on Tuesday.

It's coming home and we didn't even turn up. Europe will be crying themselves to sleep for the rest of the year.

Warner Bros Lol GIF by Joker Movie

I like the English players and the vast majority of fans that I know. It’s those cunt pundits,commentators and the fucking arseholes that cause trouble that I despise with a passion. All the guys I go to Tottenham games with are right good lads who I like spending a day out with.

I like the English players and the vast majority of fans that I know. It’s those cunt pundits,commentators and the fucking arseholes that cause trouble that I despise with a passion. All the guys I go to Tottenham games with are right good lads who I like spending a day out with.

Yes. how dare people believe that they might have a chance of winning a tournament and being optimistic. Disgusting.

Yes. how dare people believe that they might have a chance of winning a tournament and being optimistic. Disgusting.
If us Scottish had the squad you lot have I’d be giving it big licks. Crazy thing is before the tournament the defence is the one area where you’d think they would have struggled but they’ve been fine so far. It’s the big hitters that aren’t doing enough with and without the ball.
England won’t be far away as I don’t think there’s a real favourite. I still think France have the best squad and best starting 11.

If us Scottish had the squad you lot have I’d be giving it big licks. Crazy thing is before the tournament the defence is the one area where you’d think they would have struggled but they’ve been fine so far. It’s the big hitters that aren’t doing enough with and without the ball.
England won’t be far away as I don’t think there’s a real favourite. I still think France have the best squad and best starting 11.

Don't disagree with any of that. But I don't get this notion where people automatically think all English are arrogant. We're all very much aware of the weaknesses in the side. We're all very much aware that we generally shit the bed when it really matters. We're all fully aware that we are being managed by a plank. The 3 Lions song, which seems to trigger anyone not English, is just banter. We sing Vindaloo just as much but I'm guessing many of the people that belt out the song every other summer can't actually stand the stuff.

Don't disagree with any of that. But I don't get this notion where people automatically think all English are arrogant. We're all very much aware of the weaknesses in the side. We're all very much aware that we generally shit the bed when it really matters. We're all fully aware that we are being managed by a plank. The 3 Lions song, which seems to trigger anyone not English, is just banter. We sing Vindaloo just as much but I'm guessing many of the people that belt out the song every other summer can't actually stand the stuff.
Nah I don’t think that all English are arrogant. We hate that vindaloo pish and 3 lions just as much as you’ll hate no Scotland no party. If we could understand what the foreign teams sing we’d likely hate those just as much. The Scotland England rivalry will always be massive and I jump on it but once we get back to Tottenham business we are all in it together. That’s just what has to happen. So in saying that I hope you lot get fucked out the tournament in the next round🤣😜

Still think the Dutch supporters are magnificent. This tournament is best I’ve witnessed for fans enjoying themselves with each other and opposing fans.

the England Scotland rivalry is wank and half dead.

Scotland have not had many good players for decades.

England have not employed good managers for decades.

Scotland would need to fix their academies and England FA would need to employ as manager someone who isn’t either past it or a yes man. Both teams for different reason play eye bleeding football that puts fans in coma’s.

Probably not going to happen. The Spurs-West Ham rivalry has more juice and they ain’t even our main rivals.

the England Scotland rivalry is wank and half dead.

Scotland have not had many good players for decades.

England have not employed good managers for decades.

Scotland would need to fix their academies and England FA would need to employ as manager someone who isn’t either past it or a yes man. Both teams for different reason play eye bleeding football that puts fans in coma’s.

Probably not going to happen. The Spurs-West Ham rivalry has more juice and they ain’t even our main rivals.
Hard for Scotland to put together a team of sportsmen when the nation lives off shortbread, haggis, and heroin.

Who cares? We will qualify top.
You should care...because it's still possible for Scotland to advance and England to go home. Obvs there not enough good in the universe for that to happen but it's still possible.

And beyond that, you folks gave Scotland a lashing after the first game and all their supporters on here took it in stride. But you and others got all precious after your last 'performance'...so I'd say YOU care.

Aim of the game is to progress, not to impress yanks.
Good because you haven't...impressed Yanks or anyone else. So hope you have better luck with the former because the latter is sealed.

Well I hope to fuck we keep annoying you for at least another week. People love us because we go and have fun and win,lose or draw we are still the same.

And their fans are usually well behaved although pissed and noisy but they know how to belt out a National Anthem!

You should care...because it's still possible for Scotland to advance and England to go home. Obvs there not enough good in the universe for that to happen but it's still possible.

And beyond that, you folks gave Scotland a lashing after the first game and all their supporters on here took it in stride. But you and others got all precious after your last 'performance'...so I'd say YOU care.

Good because you haven't...impressed Yanks or anyone else. So hope you have better luck with the former because the latter is sealed.

Yeah, it won’t fucking happen. Thanks for the almost impossible to occur scenario mate. I could win the lottery tomorrow, interesting that…

We don’t care. I’m interested in us and us alone, not impressing people from countries who inherently just dislike English football. Even if we won it you’d be on your high horse about how we had an easy draw or didn’t do it in style.

Back
Top Bottom