European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Listening to the players over the past few days, it's clear to see that the comments of being negative and boring are playing on their mind.
They seem affected by it and I fully expect a reaction. They are going to be fully focused on attacking and giving us something to get excited about.

I'll be the first to say it, I honestly can see nothing less than a 4-0..

Oh yes a comfortable exciting 4-0. You heard it here.:ange-arms:
At least wait till after to lunch to start drinking and smoking crack.

And the actual goal, one scored and that was an own goal.

:nunothumb:
If you want a dig…

Deschamps is going to drop Griezmann who played in 85 consecutive games for France and has been our most important player for most of the past 8 years.

Southgate would never dream of dropping Foden or Bellingham despite their mediocre performances.

Southgate is a loser.

That’s not a dig.

Which side is more challenging?

Germany, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands.

Or

Italy, England, Belgium.

Why are you so defensive?

Netherlands? They've got a bunch of players missing, and almost flatter to deceive as much as England. Germany are also getting massively over-rated based on them having Nagelsmann in charge and a couple of good wins before the tournament started. They were seconds away from getting beat at home to a team that couldn't beat Scotland.

Netherlands? They've got a bunch of players missing, and almost flatter to deceive as much as England. Germany are also getting massively over-rated based on them having Nagelsmann in charge and a couple of good wins before the tournament started.
I asked you to compare the two sides of the draw. Any criticism you want to make of the strong side can be made much more strongly of fucking England or Italy.

You’re not a serious person if you think one side of the draw isnt clearly more challenging than the other.

I asked you to compare the two sides of the draw. Any criticism you want to make of the strong side can be made much more strongly of fucking England or Italy.

You’re not a serious person if you think one side of the draw isnt clearly more challenging than the other.

I'm completely serious. Germany are being over-rated based on home advantage and little else, and Netherlands arguably have the weakest squad out of all the ranked nations in this tournament.

I'm completely serious. Germany are being over-rated based on home advantage and little else, and Netherlands arguably have the weakest squad out of all the ranked nations in this tournament.
They arguably have the best defence of any side in the tournament.

Germany have one of the best coaches and an array of top class talent… Neuer, Rudiger, Kimmich, Kroos, Musiala, Wirtz… that’s over half the team that would be playing for nearly every country (5 of whom would walk into Englands team).

They arguably have the best defence of any side in the tournament.

Germany have one of the best coaches and an array of top class talent… Neuer, Rudiger, Kimmich, Kroos, Musiala, Wirtz… that’s over half the team that would be playing for nearly every country (5 of whom would walk into Englands team).

I never said Germany don't have a strong side on paper. But they are far from unbeatable and certainly nothing for France or any other top nation to actually fear. They've had much stronger teams in recent history.

You've got to hold and give
But do it at the right time
You can be slow or fast
But you must get to the line
They'll always hit you and hurt you
Defend and attack
There's only one way to beat them
Get 'round the back

Catch me if you can
'Cause I'm an England man
And what you're looking at
Is the master plan
We ain't no hoo-li-gans
This ain't a football song
Three lions on my chest
I know we can't go wrong

We're playing for England (ENG-ER-LAND)
We're playing the song
We're singing for England (ENG-ER-LAND)
Arrivederci, it's one on one!

Euro 2020 Football GIF by UEFA
It's coming 'ome.

Listening to the players over the past few days, it's clear to see that the comments of being negative and boring are playing on their mind.
They seem affected by it and I fully expect a reaction. They are going to be fully focused on attacking and giving us something to get excited about.

I'll be the first to say it, I honestly can see nothing less than a 4-0..

Oh yes a comfortable exciting 4-0. You heard it here.:ange-arms:
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest GIF

France expected to start Mbappé and drop Griezmann. Deschamps desperate to finish first to end up in the better half of the draw.

Hoping for a good performance from Austria…
Deschamps needs to do something

France have stunk out the place almost as much as England in the boring football stakes.

I expect them to improve of course but your games against Austria and Holland were total borefests.

Deschamps needs to do something

France have stunk out the place almost as much as England in the boring football stakes.

I expect them to improve of course but your games against Austria and Holland were total borefests.
We’ve been much much better than you. We dominated Holland and created the better chances.

We played harder teams than you and look at the stats.

France v England

Xg: 3.56 v 1.35
We are underperforming our expected goals, you are over performing.

Shots on goal: 29 v 17

Shots on target: 9 v 5

Passes in final third: 264 v 241

Etc etc

Anyway - it doesn’t matter because you have to manage a whole tournament. No point being better in the group stage if you get knocked out in the QF.

Back
Top Bottom