European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We’ve been much much better than you. We dominated Holland and created the better chances.

We played harder teams than you and look at the stats.

France v England

Xg: 3.56 v 1.35
We are underperforming our expected goals, you are over performing.

Shots on goal: 29 v 17

Shots on target: 9 v 5

Passes in final third: 264 v 241

Etc etc

Anyway - it doesn’t matter because you have to manage a whole tournament. No point being better in the group stage if you get knocked out in the QF.
Denmark beat France home and away.

Ouch.

We’ve been much much better than you. We dominated Holland and created the better chances.
You've been bloody boring and you know it!

Xg this Xg that - end of the day 1 goal in 180 minutes of football and it's been boring.

Holland had the ball in the net against you as well - but for a very borderline decision you'd have lost against them and all the XG in the world wouldn't have changed it.

Hopefully you can batter Poland today.

:dembelelol:

June and Sept 22

Before. But 1 win in the last 4 against Denmark suggests that's a much tougher fixture for France than their results against the Netherlands and Austria.
The one win was in the World Cup, when it mattered.

Conversely, we beat the Netherlands twice in qualifying but didn’t when it really mattered.

Denmark are a good team but they’re not as good as the Netherlands. Even if they are - our performances were wildly different.

The one win was in the World Cup, when it mattered.

Conversely, we beat the Netherlands twice in qualifying but didn’t when it really mattered.

Denmark are a good team but they’re not as good as the Netherlands. Even if they are - our performances were wildly different.
Some sides just have issues with certain opponents. England have had that with Sweden, France with Switzerland I would say too.

When trying to claim England had easier games than France, you are drawing comparisons of what, Denmark playing the Netherlands?

I would rather England played more adventurous sides that concede more chances, like Austria and the Netherlands.

Some sides just have issues with certain opponents. England have had that with Sweden, France with Switzerland I would say too.

When trying to claim England had easier games than France, you are drawing comparisons of what, Denmark playing the Netherlands?

I would rather England played more adventurous sides that concede more chances, like Austria and the Netherlands.
Netherlands were not adventurous against France. They have the best defence in the tournament and they defended most of the game. Look at the stats.

Austria > Serbia
Netherlands > Denmark

GQ7UnHeXAAAcE0P

v

GQ7UxdXXcAAl3PH

Back
Top Bottom