European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is exactly what I think.

Declan Rice is an absolute mystery to me. Massively over rated player.

When Rice plays for Woolwich he does the dirty work for Odegaard, which allows Odegaard to hurt the opposition.

When Rice plays for England he is played alongside a non entity like Gallagher and looks like the plodder he actually is.

Premier League teams are coerced into employing the best English players due to the home grown quota.

At international level England's finest are not looked after by the corupt Premier League officials and are exposed to not having the protection of their often superior team mates from abroad who they play alongside at their clubs.

Harry Kane, Phil Foden and Palmer are the only world class players England have.

Stones and Walker are decent but not world class.

Pickford is an average goalkeeper.

The rest are good players but not good enough.

Saka, Bellingham and Rice are the most obviously over rated players in this England team.

Palmer not playing up until last night is a disgrace.

He was the best English player in the Premier League last season but Rice is the F.A. poster boy.

The England management and team is selected on the golf course.

Brian Clough told us that 50 years ago.
Austria, Switzerland and Italy have Sabitzer, Xhaka and Jorginho, who are no worse. Spain, France and Portugal have Rodri, Kante and Palhinha who are all better.

I’ve moaned out loud about this before. Foden and others don’t play the ball to Kane. It was similar in the last world cup. There are stories about Alan Shearer grabbing Ginola by the throat in the Newcastle dressing room to ‘encourage’ him to cross quicker. I guess Kane isn’t aggressive or selfish enough to demand better service, but I wish he would.

This is exactly what I think.

Declan Rice is an absolute mystery to me. Massively over rated player.

When Rice plays for Woolwich he does the dirty work for Odegaard, which allows Odegaard to hurt the opposition.

When Rice plays for England he is played alongside a non entity like Gallagher and looks like the plodder he actually is.

Premier League teams are coerced into employing the best English players due to the home grown quota.

At international level England's finest are not looked after by the corrupt Premier League officials and are exposed to not having the protection of their often superior team mates from abroad who they play alongside at their clubs.

Harry Kane, Phil Foden and Palmer are the only world class players England have.

Stones and Walker are decent but not world class.

Pickford is an average goalkeeper.

The rest are good players but not good enough.

Saka, Bellingham and Rice are the most obviously over rated players in this England team.

Palmer not playing up until last night is a disgrace.

He was the best English player in the Premier League last season but Rice is the F.A. poster boy.

The England management and team is selected on the golf course.

Brian Clough told us that 50 years ago.

If fairness the amount of goals and assists Rice got last season for Woolwich, he was far from a plodder.

Saying a clearly knackered Bellingham is over-rated because of two poor games is a mental take. He's been having injections for a shoulder injury for months and shouldn't even be starting every game. He doesn't pick and start himself.

If fairness the amount of goals and assists Rice got last season for Woolwich, he was far from a plodder.

Saying a clearly knackered Bellingham is over-rated because of two poor games is a mental take. He's been having injections for a shoulder injury for months and shouldn't even be starting every game. He doesn't pick and start himself.
My point about Rice is that his numbers improved last season, in terms of goals, because of the company he is in at club level.

He has benefitted from his transfer to Woolwich.

I'm not even saying he isn't the best 'Englishman' in his position.

I'm saying he isn't as good as many other top central midfield players in Europe.

He's also not as good as previous English players in his position such as Gerrard, Carrick, Scholes and others.

In reality he is the 2020's version of Scott Parker.

Good but limited.

My view after last night is that Maino must start next to Rice and Palmer must replace Saka on the right.

Slovenia have a population of 2.2 million and prefer skiing to football in respect of the national pastime.

They played a 4-4-2 against England last night and we made them look credible.

It's a disgrace that Southgate is still in charge of this team.

It's like putting Bez from the Happy Mondays in charge of the British Museum.

Honestly Bellingham has been playing with these same limitations in every big match I’ve ever seen him play. He scored goals by crashing the box but isn’t a passer, dribbler, or runner, he’s just kind of there. He was mid in CL this year.

Never convinced me. He's Dele Alli.

And all I care about is winning this tournament. He’s torpedoing our chances with his current play, I don’t care if he’s “knackered”, get him out then.

Honestly Bellingham has been playing with these same limitations in every big match I’ve ever seen him play. He scored goals by crashing the box but isn’t a passer, dribbler, or runner, he’s just kind of there. He was mid in CL this year.

And all I care about is winning this tournament. He’s torpedoing our chances with his current play, I don’t care if he’s “knackered”, get him out then.

He does all of those things at times. He was ridiculous the first half of the season at Real Madrid. He then got injured, missed a few games and then never quite got back in the same groove after. Unbelievable player, for me, that will come again. Just not this Euros.

Are you Steve Hitchen in disguise?

He does all of those things at times. He was ridiculous the first half of the season at Real Madrid. He then got injured, missed a few games and then never quite got back in the same groove after. Unbelievable player, for me, that will come again. Just not this Euros.
So you admit that he’s an albatross and holding the team back this Euros? Because that’s the point I’m driving at. He’s doing fuck all and absolutely slowing down everything we do. He cannot be allowed to continue in the #10 role.

His position is untenable.

So you admit that he’s an albatross and holding the team back this Euros? Because that’s the point I’m driving at. He’s doing fuck all and absolutely slowing down everything we do. He cannot be allowed to continue in the #10 role.

His position is untenable.

100%. Should have been benched last night. I wouldn't have started Kane either. Bellingham is an issue right now if Southgate keeps picking him. But I'm not going to not think he's a wonderful talent because he's just ran out of steam.

England have always carried players like this for reasons which are less than obvious.

I never liked David Platt.

He was continually in the England starting 11 from the late 80's into the early 90's.

Platt would saunter around for most of the game, at half pace, and occasinally 'arrive' in the right place, at the right time, to score an important goal.

When he didn't score; he did fuck all else of note.

Must have been a great golfer.

Hmm... Interesting banter.

3273.jpg

A Slovakia supporter holds up a placard before the match. Photograph: Mohammed Badra/EPA

Back
Top Bottom