European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every journalist in Europe is on the look out for trouble involving England fans.
Every England fan seems willing to make excuses for the bad behaviour.

I’d respect it much more if people said “there are a few hundred cunts in our fan base who I hope get rounded up and deported. They are giving the vast majority of fans who are good, a bad name”

Instead there’s denial, pretending it’s only a historic issue, blaming the media, blaming the police, the French…

I’d respect it much more if people said “there are a few hundred cunts in our fan base who I hope get rounded up and deported. They are giving the vast majority of fans who are good, a bad name”

Instead there’s denial, pretending it’s only a historic issue, blaming the media, blaming the police…
There are a few hundred absolute cunts in our fan base who I hope get rounded up, given a good kicking in the back of a van and deported and the ln arrested when they get back.

They are giving the vast majority of fans who are good, a bad name.

The same goes for everyone who causes trouble at any football match.

Mbappé got grilled by french press just now about political situation. He answered very well. Ridiculous that he had to answer those though.

He said he has a slight physical issue though so I hope he’s in good form.

As long as Grizou is fit, we have a chance…

Against Austria I think you'll have a chance regardless mate.

There are a few hundred absolute cunts in our fan base who I hope get rounded up, given a good kicking in the back of a van and deported and the ln arrested when they get back.

They are giving the vast majority of fans who are good, a bad name.

The same goes for everyone who causes trouble at any football match.
Fair enough.

:ange-clap::bentancurpoint:

Instead there’s denial, pretending it’s only a historic issue, blaming the media, blaming the police, the French…
When there's bad behaviour we'll discuss it but we won't jump on the bandwagon and start blaming every piece of trouble on the English.. This is what has happened here.
No doubt it will change but let's not jump to conclusions.

Not true mate......

People are sick of and embarrassed by it..... But as you've already conceded; reporting isn't always honest and is sometimes politicised.

The fact is though; since i first started going in the late 80s, the bulk of the England fanbase has always been a family-friendly vibe.... To a fault that it often feels quite bland.... Esp. compared to league football.

Last edited:
This looks like it has nothing to do with England fans. It's political. '
Witnesses reported a 'masked' group of men [Albanians]suddenly burst around a corner and began throwing bottles [where Serbians were drinking].

Exactly. The bandwagon has been well and truly jumped on.. The first time an IKEA chair was thrown the desperate press would be reporting it to be English hooligans.

Like I said the game will not go without incident but lets wait and address it then not before there is anything to complain about.

Boring troll

Exactly. The bandwagon has been well and truly jumped on.. The first time an IKEA chair was thrown the desperate press would be reporting it to be English hooligans.

Like I said the game will not go without incident but lets wait and address it then not before there is anything to complain about.
It looks like a few England fans, who were drinking in the same bar as the Serbs, got caught up in the crossfire.

You’ll find every one of those excuses in the past few days.

Some people do have balanced takes though ( Airfixx Airfixx Gmspurs Gmspurs ) and most fans are people hoping to have a good time without fighting or causing damage.

Euros should unite this beautiful continent <3
I'd add that "The vast majority of fans from all nations are people hoping to have a good time without fighting or causing damage"

It looks like a few England fans, who were drinking in the same bar as the Serbs, got caught up in the crossfire.
This is the problem, one England shirt spotted and the exaggerations begin.

English fans are no saints but also get an extremely rough ride. I've been abroad supporting Spurs and England and seen many incidents that were unprovoked.
I went to seville and saw disgusting behavious from the Spanish police, they literally were bashing any spurs fan within reach. I was in Dortmund which was just as bad. Was late getting into the ground due to an issue with the entrance gates. It was getting very concerning as a bottle neck developed and people started to get squashed. Instead of helping the police just battered innocent spurs fans.

People will say the obvious and it's self inflicted but it's not self inflicted by the innocent fans. In the past it is true but now the vast majority are normal fans from various clubs.
You could have 1000 scots marching through the streets, playing bagpipes waving their flags and singing, everyone would clap them. If 1000 english fans did the same they would be attacked and bashed by the police. And just like any fan, they would retaliate, no one is going to sit back and allow it to happen. The retaliation is all anyone is interested in and what gets into the press.

Before anyone gets excited, i'm not saying that is always the case because there are those that will cause trouble, but it is quite often the case..

Back
Top Bottom