European Championships 2024 ⚽ πŸ† ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fully expect some England fans to be caught up in ugly scenes at some point if they haven't already been.

Being the perpetrators or defenders will be irrelevant to the media and feeling towards English supporters which is a prejudice you just have to accept - even though being prejudice is unacceptable in my eyes.

As I have said previously though, 'Ultra' culture, wearing all black, masks, skull and political flags, taking weapons and being an organised fighting squad looking for violence is a far more continental thing than English.
Eastern Europe are really big on it, be it Balkans, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian etc, but this is also a culture growing further west in countries like the Netherlands and France.

Woolwich seem to be getting involved with it a bit but that's more of a fashion thing than actually being dangerous thugs. Not what I would define as hooligans anyway.. These hooligans plan their assaults and wear that name as a badge of honour. The vast majority of English fans now don't travel with this premeditated aim for violence. That's not to say they never start or get involved in the violence but I have witnessed travelling English fans and 'Ultra' fans from various countries first hand - and there is a VERY significant difference.

Albanians are generally as tough mofos as you'll find. They don't mess around. Mind you, Serbs aren't exactly soft either. They're bred differently in that part of Europe.

I think the Albanian team has more red cards than any other in this tournament

Bernard Cribbins GIF by Fede Cook

Fully expect some England fans to be caught up in ugly scenes at some point if they haven't already been.

Being the perpetrators or defenders will be irrelevant to the media and feeling towards English supporters which is a prejudice you just have to accept - even though being prejudice is unacceptable in my eyes.

As I have said previously though, 'Ultra' culture, wearing all black, masks, skull and political flags, taking weapons and being an organised fighting squad looking for violence is a far more continental thing than English.
Eastern Europe are really big on it, be it Balkans, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian etc, but this is also a culture growing further west in countries like the Netherlands and France.

Woolwich seem to be getting involved with it a bit but that's more of a fashion thing than actually being dangerous thugs. Not what I would define as hooligans anyway.. These hooligans plan their assaults and wear that name as a badge of honour. The vast majority of English fans now don't travel with this premeditated aim for violence. That's not to say they never start or get involved in the violence but I have witnessed travelling English fans and 'Ultra' fans from various countries first hand - and there is a VERY significant difference.
Please don't make the same mistake as the media in Germany.

Ultras and hooligans are two different things.

In Germany, every dispute between fans and police is characterized as a dispute between ultras and police.T
he media should - but they probably don't want to - inform themselves better, then they could (!) - but they don't want to - report that the ultras from various clubs do a lot for social causes.
In Frankfurt, thousands of euros are regularly collected and donated to children's cancer wards, help for the homeless, help for the poor - so-called food banks.

I prefer the ultras to this event audience that feels attacked if you don't behave in the football stadium the way they know from the opera house.

(I'm off again...!)

Disappear Episode 1 GIF by UFC

Back
Top Bottom