European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
I was a fan of Mourinho and tried supporting him. However is part of Levy’s decision to not sack him because of his high profile? Is Mourinho being in charge part of the reason why Tottenham are a founder member? Not trying to be a dick but as there are only 15 founder members, would guess Tottenham deserve to be 11-20 (as a rank out of European teams) so in the mix but not guaranteed

UEFA are going to fight this all the or so they say.....but I have zero sympathy for them and I hope the super league forms up just to fuck UEFA off....they created this greed monster in the first place with their expansion of the European cup, then the Champions league......they reap what they sow....

Still think it's completely empty threats by the domestic leagues and UEFA. No way they bar the most popular clubs/players from their competitions. They'd lose billions, which is all they care about.

If this happens I’d be done with top level football and for sure done with Spurs. It’s a disgrace we’re involved with it.

Levy taking the piss, wants money and acclaim without ever actually funding a team that can earn it on its own.

UEFA are going to fight this all the or so they say.....but I have zero sympathy for them and I hope the super league forms up just to fuck UEFA off....they created this greed monster in the first place with their expansion of the European cup, then the Champions league......they reap what they sow....
What's wrong with Champions League?

I don't mind it as it gives chances to clubs from nations without a rich domestic league a chance to compete against the very best.
For example Ajax have a rich history but aren't affluent in comparison to the top PL teams. CL gave Ajax a chance and they reached SF in 2019. European Super League would completely shut teams like Ajax out.

There's going to be a World Cup in Qatar during the winter because of systematic FIFA bribes.

VAR has killed a lot of love for the game.

Nothing surprises me anymore.

If Spurs signs up to this our club as we know it would be gone.

We got embarrassingly shat on 3-0 at the hands of the mighty Dinamo Zagreb the other week.

What makes Levy think that our bullshit joke of a squad and the professional clown who manages them could make us look any better on a bigger stage?

But I guess as long as we’re making money, Levy doesn’t give a flying shit how much of a laughing stock we end up looking.

Football has well and truly gone to the dogs. Let this be the final nail in the coffin because for most sane people, watching Spurs play is about as enjoyable as repeatedly kicking yourself in the testicles.

The other Premier League clubs should all vote to force City & Chelsea in to this new league with their fake establishments.

If Spurs do this, I don't see myself being anything more than a TV fan in future.

I hope it goes through and then capitulates into farce.

I am not a stuck on traditionalist but this just screams of change for the sake of more fcuking change and the obvious.

And at a time when international travel is still up in the air...or not!

If this is simply to secure a bigger slice of the wedge then they should be told to fcuk off.

If this goes ahead I'm done with football. I'll stick to me fishing and not waste anymore time watching including spurs tbh. Money has completely ruined this once beautiful game.

Spurs one of 6 PL clubs involved:

Furious response from UEFA:

Full details of ESL proposal, courtesy of the Times:

Cheers for collating the info. I knew we hadn't seen the end of these money-grabbing bastards and they would find another way in. What a miserly bunch of arseholes those geriatric sociopaths are.

I understand Spurs being involved, Levy will be shitting it with the Covid and Jose double-whammy this year, but IIRC he was a tentative yes the first time around, when the others were all in with two feet. So hopefully this is resignation rather than preference. Not that it matters, but would be nice to know we aren't being run by total psychos.

Four of the original big 5 that broke off to form the Premier League are included in this to break off from UEFA.

This has been coming for 30 years.

The one plus and it really isn't is that it stops players simply stating they need CL football.

Next of course it would be I need to be at a club that can win. In other words bo!!ocks.

I suspect this is another load of sh!t.

I was a fan of Mourinho and tried supporting him. However is part of Levy’s decision to not sack him because of his high profile? Is Mourinho being in charge part of the reason why Tottenham are a founder member? Not trying to be a dick but as there are only 15 founder members, would guess Tottenham deserve to be 11-20 (as a rank out of European teams) so in the mix but not guaranteed
We bring in the cash. Same with Woolwich. And both Milan clubs.

Back
Top Bottom