European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
Any imbecile fan who supports this carve-up needs to find another sport to follow.

It would be completely ruinous to the game and place into the long grass any top league records.

Football for too long has been moving towards billionaires' play things and this confirms it, whether it goes ahead of not.

I don't want the super league to go through but if it does I definitely want Spurs to be a part of it.

Ajax won the CL in the mid 90’s with a great team, they entered that tournament as champions of their respective league, the way it should be....this was their 4th European Cup victory, the expansion of the CL format has only served to destroy great European teams like Ajax not help them.....
True but do you not want Spurs to have a chance of CL if we get top 4?

Fuck me, we can't even do well in our DOMESTIC league.... imagine HOW BOTTOM of any Elite European league we'd finish each year...? ...we'd arguably be the worst team involved in the competition!
we'd stink the place out for sure

Can't see this ever happening anyways

No way will the Prem allow it and can't see the english clubs walking away from the Prem

Fuck me, we can't even do well in our DOMESTIC league.... imagine HOW BOTTOM of any Elite European league we'd finish each year...? ...we'd arguably be the worst team involved in the competition!
Exactly it won’t get any better if anything it will be even worse getting hounded every week fuck that.

Anyone got any spares for athletic Madrid away please? Happy to pay face value of 2 grand.

The Lear jet passed its MOT and the staff can manage my investment firm for a few hours so am now able to go, where we all meeting for a pre match eight course dinner?

Cheers for collating the info. I knew we hadn't seen the end of these money-grabbing bastards and they would find another way in. What a miserly bunch of arseholes those geriatric sociopaths are.

I understand Spurs being involved, Levy will be shitting it with the Covid and Jose double-whammy this year, but IIRC he was a tentative yes the first time around, when the others were all in with two feet. So hopefully this is resignation rather than preference. Not that it matters, but would be nice to know we aren't being run by total psychos.
Thinking about it a bit... I remember that study that said that it wasn't the absolute value of riches that mattered to these people, it was the addictive nature of an ever-increasing valuation. The +1 of life's RPG, if you will. It's as addictive as anything else, but has more rewarding side-effects. So therefore, this behaviour is inevitable in anyone who has become an full-time investor. They need the fix just like a crack addict and they will lie, cheat and steal to get it. We're just seeing this playing out now.

We're not changing human behaviour any time soon, so we could:

1. Offer treatment to these sick individuals.
2. Lock them up like the other ones.
3. Hand out pitchforks and kindling.
4. Create legislation to codify and protect the spirit of competition and all levels of the institutions that support it.

(Pick 2.)

Any imbecile fan who supports this carve-up needs to find another sport to follow.

It would be completely ruinous to the game and place into the long grass any top league records.

Football for too long has been moving towards billionaires' play things and this confirms it, whether it goes ahead of not.
Football's always been about money - why do you think Woolwich were voted in the First Division 102 years ago?

The American owners want to turn it into the NFL. They’ve tried to do it in the PL via the tv cash route but the other owners old them to do one and they are trying to do it with this. It will be like the nfl, which is shit. A closed competition with no interest.

Yes, this would kill the EPL, so I imagine they'll do all they can to stop it including threatening to eject these teams from the EPL. I'm sure they'll be a statement from them soon.

Yeah how can any club compete with others having an extra 500 million they can never get?

It's legit at that point a rigged comp, if I was the PL I would eject us and we couldn't be mad about it

And you'd have to be a fool to think all the games will be played in Europe.

NLD at MetLife, NJ.

Real Madrid vs Man United at the Cowboys Stadium, Texas.

Liverpool against Barca in Shanghai.

Chelsea take on Bayern in Dubai.

All at times convenient to each host city/country but yours at the bargain price of £19.99 per game!

I wasn't too keen on the CL expansion but this proposal is infinitely worse.

Just further proof that the game is gone.

It's already a shadow of the game that I started watching over 30 odd years ago.

Negative tactics, VAR, endless time wasting, cheating and gamesmanship all right under the noses of the media, who, rather than call it out, actually encourage it....... They actually say things like "he should have gone down there and got a penalty"

There is no honour or respect for fellow professionals left in the game.....its just cheating plain and simple.

I love Sonny and Lamela as much as the next guy, but there's been a couple of incidents this season when they've both gone down under minimal facial contact as if they've been shot...... Not for me those kind of tactics I'm afraid.

The incessant reluctance to ever go forward and defending with 10 men.
.etc etc etc....

And now this....... Well let them do it and I hope it fails in spectacular fashion.

Something has to give as the game is getting worse and worse each year but the cost to the fans goes up and every year whilst the players get richer and richer each year.

But it's never enough for them.

Yes, this would kill the EPL, so I imagine they'll do all they can to stop it including threatening to eject these teams from the EPL. I'm sure they'll be a statement from them soon.
Would this really harm the Premier League that much, if at all? As a sporting competition, maybe, but as a business venture, which is what they care about? It would be suicide if they kicked the big 6 out.

The American owners want to turn it into the NFL. They’ve tried to do it in the PL via the tv cash route but the other owners old them to do one and they are trying to do it with this. It will be like the nfl, which is shit. A closed competition with no interest.

What?

Holy crap I am not overly excited about the prospect of this competition but the complaining about football in general in this thread is shocking.

I am surprised at how much many people seem to hate football but still want to come and post about it on a message board. I would have thought people would move on if they don't like it that much.

NFL makes sense due to Americas huge size tbf the reason for it is simply cash

No money to be made playing the lesser Europena teams and the like. They want to be playing Madrid and Barca every week.

The next step after this is leaving the PL and a European mega league getting formed

Back
Top Bottom