European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
I can't see what's the problem with "greed". I think some people is using "money" as a meaningless word to hate the system without providing any further arguments.

Don't you want to watch your team playing with the best teams in Europe? Is not Burnley a business in the same way Tottenham, Real Madrid o Barcelona are?

If the big six were locked out of the Premier League how much would those that are left have to cut their ST prices by?
The big 6 know that they are the games everyone want to see. How much would BT and Sky pay for Premier League TV rights without them?

Edit. Premier League TV rights £1.7bn. Football League (which is riddled with ex-Prem teams) £120m.

I can't see what's the problem with "greed". I think some people is using "money" as a meaningless word to hate the system without providing any further arguments.

Don't you want to watch your team playing with the best teams in Europe? Is not Burnley a business in the same way Tottenham, Real Madrid o Barcelona are?
I want to watch my team playing the best if we've earnt it, not buying our way in. Its why i hated what City and the Chavs did. Its called competition. If sport doesn't have that then its nothing.

As per premier league they will ban every team which joins this stupid super league
I can’t see this happening , why would sky be paying out to stream PL games without all the supposed big clubs playing? They would be bidding to show the new super league games , it’s all about money !

Curious who has the leverage here. Madrid, United, Liverpool, and Woolwich can't create a league on their own. Juventus and Barca probably as committed.

The other 6 teams + PSG, Bayern and Dortmund may actually decide how this goes.

Curious who has the leverage here. Madrid, United, Liverpool, and Woolwich can't create a league on their own. Juventus and Barca probably as committed.

The other 6 teams + PSG, Bayern and Dortmund may actually decide how this goes.

Madrid, Barca and Juventus are all financially fucked because of Covid. Wouldn't surprise me if Liverpool and United are losing out on tons of money as well.

What the actual fuck? There are plenty of arguments about why this is wrong.

Yes I want to see my club playing the best in Europe - on merit. Not a cynical closed shop for plastic owners milking a cash cow.

Are you suggesting the end of meritocracy is okay?

The end of competitive spirit is okay?

Stories you can tell your kids about what your club "achieved" will be finished.

Where are your arguments why this is acceptable? You actually think the Gordon Gekko league will be a good idea?

If the big six were locked out of the Premier League how much would those that are left have to cut their ST prices by?
The big 6 know that they are the games everyone want to see. How much would BT and Sky pay for Premier League TV rights without them?

Edit. Premier League TV rights £1.7bn. Football League (which is riddled with ex-Prem teams) £120m.
It’s going to become a game of chicken, who blinks first, but let’s be honest we all know in this games it’s all about the bees and honey!

Well, more and more people stream so viewing figures for all sports across the world are down as a result BUT interest in the NFL remains very very high.

Why do you and other Americans think that? are these statistics wrong? or has there been a big reversal last couple of years not yet shared with the statistics companies?

15369.jpeg

Also if fans think we don't win any trophies currently the you aint seen nothing yet. Winning the super league, laughable. The prem? Forget it, we'll still only be the 5th/6th richest. The league cup will go so that leaves the FA cup. Like it or not most of the excitement we've had over the last 20 years has been around getting top 4. That will be gone and we're left with nothing but making up the numbers.

What the actual fuck? There are plenty of arguments about why this is wrong.

Yes I want to see my club playing the best in Europe - on merit. Not a cynical closed shop for plastic owners milking a cash cow.

Are you suggesting the end of meritocracy is okay?

The end of competitive spirit is okay?

Stories you can tell your kids about what your club "achieved" will be finished.

Where are your arguments why this is acceptable? You actually think the Gordon Gekko league will be a good idea?
He's got Mourinho as his avatar mate. Says it all.

Also if fans think we don't win any trophies currently the you aint seen nothing yet. Winning the super league, laughable. The prem? Forget it, we'll still only be the 5th/6th richest. The league cup will go so that leaves the FA cup. Like it or not most of the excitement we've had over the last 20 years has been around getting top 4. That will be gone and we're left with nothing but making up the numbers.
Can’t believe you didn’t mention winning the Audi cup! :mourcheeks:

Back
Top Bottom