European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
No player will walk away from their club if they are prevented from playing for their country. They don't get paid by their country.

Anyway i don't see how legally you can prevent a player representing his country because of a decision made by his employer. It's not as though the players started the ESL.
Just spit balling here but:

National teams are run by the nations FA
Each FA is affiliated to Uefa and Fifa
Players aren't playing in FA sanctioned competitions
Therefore, they are not eligible to play for the national team

I hate this decision but I'm not gonna hold it against the club.

We've been mocked for years for trying to compete while being run well. We've been told to spend money or see our best players moving on to the big boys.

If we were approached and told 'We are doing it and you can either be at the front with us or left behind' then they had to say yes. It's foolish to think otherwise.

It's Liverpool and particularly Man Utd I have issue with. They've led the way apparently and all because they're scared that their glory days have gone. They're scared of competing in a system where other clubs might be able to become better than them. Pathetic.

I don't like it but it is more understandable us joining than the others.

Liverpool/United/City/Chelsea already had the cards fairly well stacked in their favour but have got greedy.

Once they have gone though it's fairly hard for us to turn down an invite given our current position with a huge stadium debt.

If the big clubs form their own league then the smaller ones are done for. Money will dry up for them without the tv deals
This is the real risk. If the leagues kick the clubs out they will just form their own and invite select clubs along to join permanently on less money than them but still better money than now.

If FIFA ban founding clubs players from world cup then the big clubs have the best players so will simply say no problem and launch their own tournament.

MOurinho been fucking scked wtf is going on
Will Ferrell Crazy Pills GIF
What The Fuck Wtf GIF

It's 2:45 am here. I was taking my last bong time before I was going to go to bed. Then this dropped.

Hey remember when we all thought the Poch/Mourinho switch was the craziest 24 hours?

*2021*: Hold my Beer.

Good idea but a bit of closing the stable after the horse has bolted feel to it.

Tories are so reactive and not proactive when it comes to things.

Not sure I agree with the way it’s been done but in essence UEFA need putting in there place and have done it to themselves.

At no point have the founder clubs gone against there respective leagues or footballing associations.

Hearing people labelling these clubs as criminals etc is a joke UEFA have single hand-idly ruined the game we love with the introduction of VAR and more importantly how it is used in the games etc

fuck those corrupt wankers of UEFA

This is fucking ridiculous and if this happens then I'm switching to finding a non league club.

I just want to watch football at this point and I'm sick of them finding new ways to pull our pants down and make an extra buck off the tourists at the cost of the everyday fan.

That's it. I was a "maybe we can ask Levy to step aside and retire".

This has just pushed me the Levy get the fuck out of my club before you ruin it for everyone else.
Problem is levy has a mass amount of support. This forum is littered with levy fans. He has been blatant & obvious about our club just being about making profit for him & enic. Yet people praise him & can't wait to support him & have their hard earnt cash go on his next bonus.

It does sort of feel like we got what we deserved & were asking for. We supported owners who made it clear we were just a cash cow. Football came last.
Levy has done so much damage, some awful decisions & lost us a small fortune.
Yet he is well loved by most fans.

We are the only club I know where the owners & chairman are loved & supported so much. People get moody, angry & nasty if you criticise them. I do envy them as I don't like our manager, enic, levy & I don't rate a lot of our players. At least they can be happy knowing they have their much loved levy & enic. I can't even do that.

Our fan base is naturally way more defensive over our owners & chairman than the manager & players. Where as at other clubs most fans couldn't give a crap if a fellow fan criticises the owner/chairman.

I stopped spending £££ on us & football about a year ago. I suggest many of you start doing it too. Don't waste hard earnt cash on modern football. Majority of players & clubs just care about getting our money.

“José and his coaching staff have been with us through some of our most challenging times as a club. José is a true professional who showed enormous resilience during the pandemic. On a personal level I have enjoyed working with him and regret that things have not worked out as we both had envisaged. He will always be welcome here and we should like to thank him and his coaching staff for their contribution.”
What the fuck happened.

What the fuck is happening.

What the fuck is going on.

200.gif

We need to go to the German model, give fans a real say in the running of clubs. If this announcement makes our government set this up then not all will be lost. Still decades too late though.

Back
Top Bottom