European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
I hate this decision but I'm not gonna hold it against the club.

We've been mocked for years for trying to compete while being run well. We've been told to spend money or see our best players moving on to the big boys.

If we were approached and told 'We are doing it and you can either be at the front with us or left behind' then they had to say yes. It's foolish to think otherwise.

It's Liverpool and particularly Man Utd I have issue with. They've led the way apparently and all because they're scared that their glory days have gone. They're scared of competing in a system where other clubs might be able to become better than them. Pathetic.
I am, whoever made this decision aren't Spurs....

I hate this decision but I'm not gonna hold it against the club.

We've been mocked for years for trying to compete while being run well. We've been told to spend money or see our best players moving on to the big boys.

If we were approached and told 'We are doing it and you can either be at the front with us or left behind' then they had to say yes. It's foolish to think otherwise.

It's Liverpool and particularly Man Utd I have issue with. They've led the way apparently and all because they're scared that their glory days have gone. They're scared of competing in a system where other clubs might be able to become better than them. Pathetic.

I agree. I'm not sure how Levy managed to persuade the others to let us join the party though. I guess it is because we are in the top 10 richest clubs in the world. Woolwich, though are fucking jammy as per usual. They were on the slide big time until this has happened.

The only suspicious omission from this entire list is PSG.
I can’t help but feel that this is risk mitigation in case all clubs get booted out of CL. If this does have legs I can 100% see them join over summer

They always embarrass themselves as well. Blair pretending he watched Jackie Milburn, Cameron mixing up Aston Villa and West Ham ... the last one that had any genuine interest was Major.
Harold Wilson was staunch Huddersfield Town, Alastair Campbell is proper Burnley, Ed Balls Norwich...

JS84783061.jpg

Blair's Blade Runneresque memories of a past he never had, growing up on the terraces of the Gallowgate End, were nauseating

The only suspicious omission from this entire list is PSG.
I can’t help but feel that this is risk mitigation in case all clubs get booted out of CL. If this does have legs I can 100% see them join over summer
Reports are that PSG\BVB\Munich will join soon. Don't forget French dominate UEFA\FIFA and that the CL was started through a french initiative. the Super League is very American...make of that what you will

The world desperately needs to stop giving power to money people. They fucking ruin everything with their shitty greed. We need more democracy. I hope the EPL and FA somehow manages to turn shit around in English football by introducing something akin to the 50+1-rule that they have in Germany.

The idea of Spurs having a £400m transfer kitty and still somehow ending up with Jon-jo Shelvey and Ashley Barnes on deadline day is somewhat amusing.

Seems like a weird dig to make. Surely following his logic we're one of the teams more forgivable in this because it was logical to take the opportunity when given?

We are an easy target. The media and other clubs have hated us breaking into the top four and ruining it for them. They had the reliability of qualification every season until we bust into it. Hell, we are partly to blame for breaking up the party! (joke)

So we could feasibly be relegated from the PL and yet continue to appear in the ESL?

And winning the PL (lol) we would forego our position in CL, this the CL spots could go as far down the league as 10th, assuming the 'massive 6' actually manage to finish in spots 1-6?

Yep, game's gone..

Reports are that PSG\BVB\Munich will join soon. Don't forget French dominate UEFA\FIFA and that the CL was started through a french initiative. the Super League is very American...make of that what you will
I'd be surprised if Dortmund fans allow that to happen, they're one of the few clubs out there who seem to have how a football club should work down.

Back
Top Bottom